1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rich vendors

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Firestorm, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

So, I'm lugging around quite a bit of stuff that is worth a lot of gp. Every merchant I've met wants to buy it for 20.000. Which I know is ther maximum purchase value. I will not sell for this amount. I've heard that the shady guy in the Stronghold will buy for up to 30.000 but since I'm LG, I refused to let him stay.
    So now, where can I find a vendor that will buy my stuff at it's actual value?

(This sounds like it should be a topic that has been discussed several times, but I fear my search-fu is too low to find it. Please link if it's been answered before.)

2. Shebali Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If by shady guy you mean Uncus, or whatever he's called, then I can't recall him wanting to by anything for more than 15.000. But I wouldn't bet my life on it.
    In fact I haven't met any merchant that will purchase for up to 30, so I'd be as interested as you to find out where he or she is.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I am pretty sure the highest limit is 20k. I think pretty much all of the merchants at the keep except for Uncus will pay that much.

4. Firestorm

Sucks. What about all the stuff I have that is worth more than 20.000?

5. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Firestorm: There's a limit to item resale value in the game for a reason. If you were to sell all those uber powerful items at full cost you would make WAY too much money for the game to handle...as in you would be able to afford way more stuff like spell scrolls, full heal potions, magic wands, extra backup weapons you don't really need etc etc until you become more and more dependent on your items to win your battles for you instead of your characters.

So, if it bothers you that much just sell the stuff and add the difference to your inventory manually, just see how much it costs at the merchant after you give it to him and give yourself the difference...or something.

But yeah, 20 k is set in stone mate, so tough luck!

6. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

It really doesn't matter. If you need money and don't need the items, you have to sell anyway.

I haven't met anybody willing to give more than 20K.

But don't worry you will make a lot more money than you can use in this game.

If you really need them now, I suggest you start crafting. Adamantine and mithril weapons and armor for example will net you a nice amount of cash.

7. Firestorm

It's not that I really need them, this game, like all other D&D CRPGs, give you insane amounts of money. My new party has just below 30k gp, after the Bandit Camp, but before the Graveyard.

The thing is, I just hate being scammed out of my money :p

Oh well, I'll just have to live with it. I think I have a Bag of Holding with expensive items, that'll net me around 300k.

8. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

you don't really need that much money in this game since the most powerful stuff can simply be found or crafted, so what you're mostly going to buy is a few trinkets here and there to fill the empty slots

either way, i'm pretty sure i've turned around 2.5 million gold throughout the whole game

9. Man_Solo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just be thankful its not oblivion, i've never felt so ripped off by a game; and i've played fallout! Where everyone tries to screw you over! Unless there's some drow super forger who charges extorcionist prices for weapons of mass destruction (A la Underdark) 20,000 should suffice.

10. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

We have the rift hammer. that costs more then a few gold.

11. Ironhawk Skylord

True. But I haven't met anything I couldn't buy in the game. Just a matter of time and crafting for money.

I.E Duskwood bows sells for about 10000 gold.

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sand sells high but also buys high. By high, I mean really high. The difference is substantial. He offers up to 10K per item and will run out of gold after a bit more than 90K, but compared to what other merchants pay, he's a great guy to sell to.

13. Ironhawk Skylord

chevalier is correct. To ruin Sand is a great way to make some gold.

Be aware that in Act II when Sand is in the party and the elemental is running the shop, the prices is back to what other merchants in the docks will pay. The inventory changes a bit too.

So it is a good idea to let Sand run out of money in Act I.

Another good idea is to buy all the high level gems from Sand in Act I, since the elemental gets new ones for Act II. That is probably interesting for those who like to craft... ;)

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of crafting, what's the best way to assure the ability to improve weapons etc? I collect a lot of +1 weaponry, some +2, and wouldn't mind raising it to +4. Craft Wondrous Whatever? Or what feat or whatever else? Which NPC should be good enough for crafting purposes?

15. Ironhawk Skylord

There is a topic about it a little down on this page, in this forum, called Crafting and Enchanting, where it is discussed. I believe you find your answers there..... ;)

16. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

don't bother collecting +1 weapons and such, just sell them to a shop
    instead make sure you collect stuff like molds, good metallic ingots, good wooden planks, and valuable gems

you will want to both craft and enchant by yourself so you get both material and enchantment advantages for your weapons

as far as crafting goes-
    i give qara craft wand at level 9 (my PC is Bard so i make use of them)
    grobnar gets craft weapon/armor at level 12, which opens up holy and +1-5 enchantments
    sand gets craft wonderful item at level 12, and craft weapon/armor at level 15

this setup can craft everything, escept amulets of natural armor +5, which only elanee can do,
    and bracers of AC/robe of the archmagi, for which you need to give craft wonderous item to either qara or zhjaeve at either level 15 or 18 (sand can't cast mage armor)

17. Ironhawk Skylord

Good advice Master Leo.

Be aware of one thing with Qara though. She is a sorcerer, so you have to look at which spells you need for crafting, and choose them at her level up. Same goes for Grobnar since he is a bard.

One of Zhjaeves cleric domains is the magic domain, so she has access to arcane spells needed for Craft weapons and armor, for example melfs acid arrow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.