1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Slaan problem

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Razor, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Razor Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I decided to go to Slaan's chief later because there were still quests that I needed to do and I didn't finish looting the castle. So, I finished the quests that needed to be done, now what? How do I get to Slaan's chief?

2. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm assuming that you convinced Slaan by promising to free his clansmen. Fight undead to the room where his clansmen are. Speak to the one indentified as Sargeant there and you will be brought to the chief in a cutscene.

3. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

you need to talk to slaan if you've already freed his warriors before

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Hi...I'm having a problem with Slaan too and I didn't want to create a new thread just for that...

When you talk to Slaan outside the ruins, is he supposed to follow you in as well?? Or does he just wait outside and you go kill the undead?

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He becomes an uncontrollable member of your party.

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Ah okay..in that case...HELP!! I've talked to Slaan after he fights off the zombies...he says he'll take me to his chief...but after that, he doesn't join my party!! Furthermore, if I click on him he just repeats his two dialogs about how he'll fight with you and how he has to help his tribe!! He doesn't follow me into the castle ruins...

I went in anyway and cleared out all the undead and then spoke with the Lizardfolk Sergeant inside but its no use...they don't do anything when I click on them.

What do I do??

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Have you patched the game up to at least version 1.3? If I recall correctly one of the 1.3 bug fixes was to do with problems with Slaan joining/leaving the party.

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Yeah, I'm running v1.03.840 ... I bought the game when it first came out but never touched it until it was patched to a decent level.

I'm not installing the v1.04 patch as its still in beta stage and I'm waiting for the official release version.

Anyway...why is this happening?

9. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

1.04 is not in beta anymore. It is final release.

You could try to install it, but your problem is not mentioned in the Readme file for patch 1.04.

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Yeah, that plus the machine I'm playing on has no internet...is an offline installer available?? I heard the UI has been upgraded significantly in the 1.04 patch and I wanted to install it...

Hmm...but why am I having this problem at all!?

11. Ironhawk Skylord

I saw people having similar problems with Slaan on the Bioware official forums.

But I can't login there right now :( They are having technical difficulties.

There should be an offline installer available for patch 1.04 though.

Oh, by the way, have you tried to right click on Slaan and chosen the talk option?

[ February 08, 2007, 17:30: Message edited by: Ironhawk Skylord ]

12. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@Ironhawk: Yeah, I did...no worries though. I just quit and re-started with my other Wizard character...worked fine. Guess its just one of the myriad bugs in the game.

13. Ironhawk Skylord

Yes, no surprises there. After all there came quite some patches to BG2 too, and it is still bugged :)

I actually found a solution to your problem on Biowares official forums but it involved the toolset.

IMHO not worth investing the time in, better to have a savegame to roll back to.

14. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I had this problem. There is a solution on the Bioware technical forum. CAn't remember what it is right now. It might be this: right click (I think) on Slaan's portrait and bring up the options menu. There should be a speech option there (I think it has a speech bubble symbol). Click on it and you should get the option to speak to him.
    If that doesn't work then go to the bioware forum and do a Search for Slaan.
    Have to admit I've given up playing the game. I got to Act 2 and then just got bored. It's ridiculously bugged. I spent more time on the technical help forum, trying to find solutions to the problems I was facing than playing the game. I'm waiting for the mods! and for the online worlds

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.