1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions/Answers about companions [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Abomination, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

[​IMG] Can I get a brief rundown of possible companions? Name, race, class, alignment...

The main thing I wonder is what companions can do what in regards to changing class/alignment? What needs to be done to enable them to do such and what happens when it does?

Can any companion become a prestige class?

I'm the type of person who likes to do everything I possibly can then do it again but with a different alignment/gender/class combinaton. Knowing the information about companions ahead of time will save me many a reload/restart.

So... what can you tell me about the companions?

2. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There's only one companion who can change class. The dwarf fighter. He can (your option) become a monk. He doesn't multi-class, he actually starts fresh as a level 1 monk and you level him up to 17 or so instantly. Otherwise, you can't multiclass anyone else (unless you download one of several mods that are out there from the player community).

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Thanks, Fink.

What about changing alignments? I take it the dwarf will have to change alignments since he starts off at Neutral-Good. Is it possible to change Neeshka's alignment (or someones?).

Also, what are the companions?

4. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm only in Chapter 2 but so far as I can see, you can't change alignments except when Khelgar the fighter adopts the monk class - he becomes lawful good from neutral good. When you level companions up, you are only given one choice of class which is their current class, that means no prestige classes either. Thus far, the companions who joins are (in chronological order):

Khelgar, male shield dwarf, fighter, neutral good (option to change to lawful good monk after completing his quests)
    Neeshka, female tiefling, rogue, neutral
    Elanee, female wood elf, druid, neutral good
    Qara, female human, sorcerer, chaotic neutral
    Grobnar, male rock gnome, bard, chaotic good
    Casavir, male human, paladin, lawful good
    Bishop, male human, ranger, chaotic evil
    Shandra, female human, fighter, neutral good
    Sand, male moon elf, wizard, lawful neutral

From what I gathered elsewhere, you can later get the following companions (may not be in the correct order):

Zhjaeve, female githzerai, cleric, lawful neutral
    Construct, golem, fighter, neutral
    Ammon Jerro, male human, warlock, neutral evil

Have fun! :)

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Thanks for that, Ganz. Now I can play again without worrying about missing out on something serious.

Fingers crossed Obsidian will realise that the whole point of version 3.0-3.5 was multi-classed characters and start to play around with multi-classed companions. Oh well...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.