1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Done! **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Blackthorne TA, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yay! Lots of fun.

Did Bishop betray you at the battle of Crossroad Keep? Or was it just because I had so little influence with him?

I do have to agree that the voiceover at the end was lame, and the epilogue didn't cover as much as I thought it should.

The last battles were really chaotic with so many people (I ended up losing Qara and Bishop to the other side, but kept everyone else). And unfortunately the end battle is the stereotypical NWN end battle: Big powerful bad guy being sustained by statues/whatnot that you have to run around destroying first before you can kill the bad guy. Not that it doesn't make the end fun and drawn out, but does it always have to be the same?

Overall I enjoyed the game quite a bit, and look forward to expansions and maybe even community-made stuff. The fact that you can have a real party makes this game so much more fun than the original IMO.

2. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

yea, Bishop did betray me, but because of my diplomacy at the very end, I managed to make him stand back and not fight me. That was funny - selfish little whore.

3. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

The ending was quite weak and uninteresting. For some reason Obsidian games always feel more or less incomplete. But as the game was playable overall, I might still get the expansion pack, if they make any. Depending on what kind of expansion pack it is, of course. There is the possibility for a decent high level continuation as well, just have to hope that they would do it right this time.

4. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Bishop always betrays you at the Keep battle. The end battle gives you the chance to get him to walk away rather than fight against you. For female PCs he confesses a bit of mild romance. Either Qara or Sand will betray you -- you can't keep both. You can lose the Construct if your influence isn't high enough with Grobnar. There is apparently an evil ending in which case you join Bishop in killing pretty much all your henchmen.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anybody else end up with a golfbag full of crafted weapons? :)

I had made/upgraded several Greatswords by the end. I had an Adamatine +4 with 1d6 Shock, Gemsword with 2d6 vs. Evil added, Cold Iron +5 with 2d6 vs. Evil and 1d6 Frost, and Alchemical Silver +5 with 2d6 vs. Evil and 1d6 Fire.

I also had the Golem Blade (which is a Greatsword), but I don't think I ever used it, and I never tried to upgrade it.

6. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hm, I was a bit confused by the conversation with Garius. First, Neeshka said that she had resisted the torture etc. because she knew I would come. But then she turned to Garius. Hmpf.

Qara betrayed me, which was a great loss. Khelgar and Qara has been the backbone of my group through-out the entire game. It was especially hard since I had acutally not played with Sand since he was like lvl 14-15 or something. He had no 8th or 9th level spells, only half his spell slots picked etc. Atleast he got them back before the fight with The King of Shadows.

Overall it was a really good game. I'd fancy myself an evil ending, as in KotOR, though I'm hoping that this ending will bring an expansion.

7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    That's surprising about Neeshka, unless you didn't take her along with you much, because I was able to keep her on my side due to my influence with her.

But essentially what was said is Garius was able to put some kind of magical chains upon her in that place due to her demonic blood to force her to betray you against her will. So she held out against the torture, but she might not be able to help it anyway because of her demonic blood and whatever Garius did.

Qara betrayed me as well, but I wasn't surprised because I used her only once during the Natale betrayal mission.

8. MindFreaky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

With my Chaotic Evil Rogue/Assassin, I wasn't able to get an evil ending where i sided with Bishop even though I had probably more influence then anybody else(not saying much as I had bugger all influence with anybody!), but I was able to convince him not to fight me.

Sand betrayed me, (little bastard!), but my assassin slaughtered him before he got a spell off! I therefore kept Qara, but Neeshka betrayed me as well. Not too surprising considering I hardly ever used her since I had the rouge levels for getting passed every annoying trap or locked item in the game.

9. Deadman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I completed this game with a wood elf fighter(12)/weapn master(7)/Neverwinter nine(1), wielding a scythe +5 with 1d6 acid damage, and 2d6 vs evil damage. I got near or above 200 criticals so killing was easy. And I used diplomacy (cross-class skill) with supporting items, intimidate and lore to my advantage. My wood elf had 20str 14 dex 16 con 13 int 8 wis 10 cha in the end. As for companions I kept everyone except bishop who chose not to fight on either side and qara who I was more than happy to get rid of! Being a member of the neverwinter nine was good and I like the neverwinter nine outfit (best looking armour in the game).

10. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Finished the game yesterday with an Aasimar Paladin 15/Champion 5.

The OC was better than the NWN1 OC but as have already been mentioned it felt kinda like watching a movie with all the cutscenes. And the scenes kinda spoiled the game by revealing the bad guys plan before your character actually found out about them.

And while on the subject of bad guys, at the end of the game I kinda felt that I had no idea who the King of Shadows was and why he sought to engulf the world in shadow.

Most of the followers were good and most them had good voiceacting. But the thing that really annoyed was how the game forced certain followers upon you in certain part of the game. My Paladin being forced to travel alongside an evil ranger and a warlock is just so wrong in many ways. And the AI sucked!

I didn't encounter any major bugs during my run through the game and I'd give the game 7.2/10

Oki doke, now I'm of to play the game with a CE Blackguard :)

Oh and I hope you haven't had too hard a time trying to understand my english ;)

11. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

well -- just finished it. I have to say, the voicing at the end was a huge disappointment. The battle was typical for NWN and didn't hold much mystery. But the voicing, the epilogue -- a disaster, in my view. And...up until that point, I thought the dialogue and voicing were the HIGH points of the game -- they were truly outstanding -- up until the very end. And whatever happens to Bishop?? He's never seen again, nor is his desmise indicated, as he was never with the group in the final battle.

Qara and Neeshka both turned traitor...and of course Bishop.

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Oh, I know I killed Bishop because I looted his body :lol:

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I only lost Sand to the King of Shadows. Neeshka didn't betray me and I got Bishop to stand down. I think that is the best posable outcome.

14. Saul Darkfire Gems: 1/31

You're guaranteed to lose either Qara or Sand. They are opposites and you can't please one without annoying the other, even if you don't use them much in the party.

15. Loncaros Gems: 1/31

With a decent influence guide it would be possible to cycle people in and out of the group for max influence. Don't have Neeshka in your party when you're getting Shandra's portrait e.g. (You can transfer your Shandra influence 1:1 to Ammon by making him regret his choices), but that's hardly necessary for the best possible solution (only Q turning)

16. Vesgo Vaan Gems: 1/31

Despite my idnorance for AD&D rules and basic game mechanics, I finished the game yesterday.
    I used a built suggested somewhere on this site, Fighter (5), Wizard (5), Eldrich Knight (10) - which worked like a charm!
    I had to do the final battle twice, since my game crashed. Knowing that Q would turn on me, I wasted all her spells and took her good items, while encumbering her at the same time with leftover Full Plate Armor etc. Ammon turned out to be a match winner for me in the final battle, especially against the multiple little Kings of Shadow. His unlimeted aoe spells were most welcome.

17. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I finished this on Tuesday. I'm wondering why Neeshka chose to betray me, though, since when I first entered the room where she was, I had a dialogue where it said "Influence: Success". Bishop and Qara's betrayals were expected, though, and Ammon Jerro's dedication to defeating the King even though I had little influence with him was impressive. I found the ending a little disappointing, though, especially after all I had gone through to get there.

I was thinking about running through again with a Wizard/Eldritch Knight, though I can't seem to motivate myself to get past Fort Locke. One of the good things about KotOR 2 was that, whilst it was far too short, you could get a full party and a bit of freedom quite early on.

18. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Finished it today with a Fighter 16/Neverwinter Nine 4.

Had high enough influence with Neeshka so she didn't betray me. Good thing, she was carrying a Holy Adamantine +5 Rapier :)

Qara did, but Sand nailed that spoiled little brat with a couple of Finger of Deaths and Zhjaeve helped with Implosion. Easy target practice.

Bishop ran away, guess I had enough influence with him to respect me.

I had sky high influence with the rest of them so no surprises there.

I crafted 2 Holy Adamantine Rapiers +5, one for Neeshka and one for Elanee. A Holy Cold Iron Morningstar +5 of Disruption for Zhjaeve. A Holy Adamantine +5 Longsword and a Holy Cold Iron Longsword +5 of Disruption for myself. So I was somewhat covered in the weapons department. Not to mention the armor department where I crafted quite a few things also.

I enjoyed the game immensely. Much more than NWN1. Good graphics, nice sound, entertaining quests, a good story and entertaining and useful NPC's.

Allthough the voice casting for the end sequence somewhat lacked, I liked it. Not so much different from NWN1 or IWD2, so for me it was okay.

Of course there is still a lot of bugs needing attention, but I am not surprised there either. There is still quite some bugs in the BG series, PS:T and NWN1.

I am aware I am not very PC, but I don't want to bash a good game ;)

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I think the dialog you pick can result on her turning on you regardless. Don't quote me on that though.

20. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Finished the game yesterday with a Cleric 19/Warpriest 1. Lost Sand but managed to persuade Neeshka back into the party. Couldn't influence Bishop enough but made him see the truth of the situation - he refused to be a lackey for Garius and walked away. He at least made me feel good by telling Garius that he will be the one to die in the ensuing battle. :)

Had a lot of fun with many a chuckles and a few occasions where I laughed out loud at the antics of my companions. :lol: I so wanted to believe Grobnar that the Wendersnavens do exist; oh well, maybe in the expansion.....

The ending affected me quite a bit. I was so attached to my party that to lose them that way made me feel sad. I had actually started another campaign with a wizard but now I'm not sure if I want to build her up just to lose her again. :cry:

One improvement I'd like to see is the ability to access all companions' inventories when at the Flagon or at Crossroad Keep. I spent hours shuffling items amongst them every time I changed companions or get a new one. Ever since the raid on the Sunken Flagon, I try to level everyone up as soon as possible and keep them as well equipped as I can. This means that when I find a good set of armor, I get to hand mine down to Zhjaeve, whose armor then goes to Casavir, who then hands his armor to Elanee, whose Elven chainmail can now be worn by Grobnar.... and so on :bad: Oh wait, I forgot Ammon can wear light armor too - and so I go back re-shuffling again. :rolling: :spin:

edit: spelling

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.