1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuck in Crossroads Keep after defeating Mr. Garius

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by johnnybr1, Dec 9, 2006.

1. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

mr garius was put on the run after a short confrontation in crossroad keep.
    however, after telling Mr vale i am ready to go, i can not find a way out of the keep. a message at the doors says 'you can not leave yet'. what does it mean?

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Talk to Aldanon. Remember, you want to find a way to teleport into the Mere of Dead Men.

3. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31

i have talked to him, aldonon, before i dispatched garius and now he is gone for good

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Who's gone for good? Aldanon figures out how to use the Iltkazar book to teleort you and your whole crew into the Mere of Dead Men.

5. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31

he is not at the basement or upstairs. i have the book. so where can i find him? i only have vale and his mate with my party.

6. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I guess I'm not clear on what you're talking about. Once you send Garius running after you defeat the avatar of the Shadow King, you should appear in the entryway of your keep with everyone including Nevalle and Aldanon in the great hall in front of you.

7. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31

i can not leave the floor immediately after the basement floor. nevalle and aldanon are, therefore, not reachable. the message says 'you can not leave right now'.

8. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Perhaps you should explain better what exactly you have just accomplished and what happened afterwards.

As I said, if you sent Garius running after killing the Shadow King avatar, there should be cutscenes and then you appear in the entryway of your keep with with nobody in your party and everyone in front of you.

9. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31

1 - i entered the tunnel.
    2 - i med aldanon.
    3 - i met other neverwinter mages.
    4 - i defeated the cultists.
    5 - my journal tells me i should report to nasher.
    6 - i leave the basement and go upstairs.
    7 - my neverwinter companions (vale and his mate) stay at the basement. i cannot bid them to follow me.
    8 - i can not leave either from the front door or the tunnel door.

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Oh. I got confused about what part of the game you are on. This is where you interrupt the ritual that Garius is trying to perform right?

Hmmm... That was a ways ago for me, but I'm pretty sure you need to talk to one of the Many Starred Cloaks down in the basement where you interrupted the ritual. Once you tell him you're ready to go, I believe you end up back in Neverwinter. But like I said that was a while ago for me so I might be misremembering.

11. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31

yes, i tell the many starred cloak guy i am ready to leave and nothing happens. i am at the basement of the crossroad keep and mr garius was convinced to leave the building for good.

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Sounds like a glitch if I remember that part right...

13. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31

uh-oh. i am playing version 1.03 beta. should i re-play the map? doors are locked, the cloak guys are ineffective and i have a world to save from evil.

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I would try replaying that part over again from your closest save.

15. Murphypacker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The same thing happened to me. I have played this part several times before so I know we should be able to leave after I speak to Vale.

16. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Welcome to sorcerer's place.
    This thread is quite old allready (2006 :p) so it might be a better idea to create a new one, even if it's the same issue.

From what info i've been able to find though, this is a bug that occurs if Sevann dies, since he needs to tell you to return to Vale before he will actually teleport you back.
    To solve it, you'll need to have a character capable of using a Raise Dead scroll, revive Sevann, and talk to Vale again.

If you don't have a scroll you can get it by using the console (DebugMode 1) and typing the following:
    Code:
    giveitem nw_it_spdvscr501 

17. Murphypacker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks!

Sevann did die. I did not have the means to resurrect him when I noticed. I will go back to an earlier save and make sure he survives. My character is a cleric and can watch and heal him when necessary. I knew I had to keep Vale alive but forgot about Sevann.

I like this site and will contribute!

18. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good to hear, i hope you don't have to roll back too much in your playthrough :)
    if you run into any other bugs (that as we all know, nwn2 sadly has many of.) or have any questions, feel free to make a new thread instead of finding an old one to post to ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.