1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Riddle driving me mad

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by omnigodly, Nov 8, 2006.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Nevermind. After 2 hours - the instant I ask for help I figure it out in 2 seconds.

EDIT: Sorry for not editting it later.

Forgot most of the riddle - but it's basically like this:

/Nine when taken all three.
    /Last one gone six remain.
    /None are left when first less five.

I finally realize the first statement didn't refer to a specific number but all three of the digits in the number. Same for the last 2 lines, which made it very very easy.

[ November 11, 2006, 03:21: Message edited by: omnigodly ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No sense in wasting a thread - describe what it was and how you've solved it, someone else is bound to find it helpful.

3. Wolverine690 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok I've been stuck here for a couple of days tryingt o figure this out I've tried everything I can think of. Can someone tell me what the code is please...

thanks

4. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

****SOILER****

Write the steps down. There are 3 Numbers you take and get 9 with. (First number + second number + third number = 9) so _ + _ + _ = 9.

Second part. Without the last one, the total is 6.

_ + _ = 6, so the third number in the sequence must be 3. (9-6 = 3).

First less five = none - so, first # - 5 = 0, first # = 5.

5 + _ + 3 = 9, and 5 + 3 = 8, so 9-8 = 1.

The combination is 513.

It took me a while to get it too.

***END SPOILER***

5. ciryon Gems: 1/31

bharrrr, I have a little problem here...I have the Collector's key, I know the numbers, but what do I do with the fireplace? I always get failure whenever I try to access it...please help...thanks

6. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

There is a water jar with the servents on the first floor, use it on the water vase, the pour it on the fire place.

7. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Heh, just like the coin game the imp forces you to play in watchers keep in TOB. Only difference is you get imprisonment cast on you if you fail :D . It isn't even time consuming, you could just randomly click on dialog options until you get it right...

8. ciryon Gems: 1/31

thanks omnigodly, you saved me again :p ...I must have been blind, I didn't even notice the servants' room...I tried such illogical things as casting Endure elements on myself...that fire must have been pretty strong 'cause it was still too hot for me :D
    I guess I don't share the same logics with the game makers :p

9. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

10. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Ok -- I have the woman's key to get upstairs (is this the Collector's Key?), I have the fireplace key...and the combination.....but still can't get in. I'm suspecting that the woman's key isn't the "Collector's Key" -- any hints as to where that is?

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Collector has his key. And you cannot pickpocket him for it. If you don't want to kill him, read his diary (found in the woman's room who gave you the key) for a clue as to what to do to convince him to give it to you.

12. Spellbound

Thanks, BTA. I'm now scouring the city looking for The Collector. He wasn't at home when I was there.

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He should be home upstairs; same floor with the fireplace etc.

You got Neeshka's quest to steal the Collector's collection right? I'm not sure why he wouldn't be upstairs...

14. Spellbound

Hmm -- maybe I just missed him. I'll go back... thanks!

15. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This quest made my brain hurt before I was finally able to figure it out!

16. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Made me want to kill the home owner before I figured it out. Unfortunately I couldn't... :(

17. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Thanks guys.

That riddle was driving me crazy too.

But is blackmail or killing the only solutions to get the Collectors key?

When you read the diary, it suggest that he would like to be a sea captain. So I thought you might convince him to abandon his collection and live like a happy man.

But I don't get any possiblities for that.

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    The diary is there to tell you how to blackmail him.

19. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Thank you Blackthorne TA!

:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.