1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

FIRST SCREENS!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Orichifunk, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Orichifunk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Are you sure that these are the very first screens? I recall having seen some before, but could easily be wrong here.

Nice work anyways :thumb:

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Beautiful simply marvelous! Bravo!

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Looks cool! :D

5. Orichifunk Gems: 2/31

Actually, the really FIRST ones were on the Dragonshard manual, but those were in black & white, plus some months old.

http://82.66.132.40/forum/stockimages/nwn2officiel/nwn2_Exclu.jpg

Obsidian says those screens are 5-6 months old, and those new ones are very improved (which isn't hard to notice). ;)

I can't wait for the game now. I'll have to pre-order once I get the chance!!

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Check the SP front page for details.

7. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

looking very atmospheric and detailed. And atmosphere is exactly what NWN needs, it's kind of bland and fails to suck you in.

8. Orichifunk Gems: 2/31

I just want to ride my dragon. Is there any chance that I can do that in NWN2?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  10. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Maybe they'll have a mod???

I wonder what the min specs are going to be :eek: Oh well, im gonna be upgrading before it comes out anyway :D I'm hoping they optimise for a dual core system

Of course, the pics don't say anything of how the gameplay works...

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I kind of like it, the city most certainly looks better than in the original NWN. The graphics also seem nice. Mostly I'm expecting improvements to the combat system which in my opinion was horrible in NWN.

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Heldron, they haven't announced all the min specs yet, but have stated what graphics card will be needed for it. I have no idea about that tech stuff, so I'm going to quote you this...
    Regarding the screenshots though, they are... amazing! All the detail and, everything! Can't wait to get my hands on the toolset! :D

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hrmm, there is a slight problem with the link: while it goes to where it is supposed to (i think), the post where the Screens are supposed to be says: *Links Removed*

Is it working with everyone else?

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

With orchifunk's first link, I get to the correct page, but the poster has "Links Removed" where the links used to be earlier this week.

I'm not really looking forward to NWN2, as I can't play very many new games on my computer. My video card is okay, but not in the class with NWN2.

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ah, sorry about that. I just copied that off another forum (the ALFA one to be exact) with the details. Didn't check to see if it worked first....

16. Taluntain

Media:
    It did work back then. So did the ones at http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/27/1023.html

But they've also been taken down... PC Gamer has sent everyone who'd put them up C&D mails, so they had to take them down. So if you've missed them, either go buy the PC Gamer they've appeared in, or... look for alternative sources. :D

17. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Wow, the new graphics sure are nice!

18. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

They look very pretty, that's for sure.

19. Rotku

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Man you've scare me with your Pixel shadder thingy. Luckyly my Radeon RX9550 *has* that 2.0 Pixel thingy, with a 128 MO RAM....

Anyway these screen are AMAZING, Wow if the OC is as good as the expansion of NWN it'll be great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.