1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wish list

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by chevalier, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

A party system like in the Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale series, with a minimum of 4 characters. No more of this henchman nonsense. I want decent NPCs I can recruit to be my party members.

Arcane spell-casters who can smash melee characters into oblivion...in other words, decent power levels to appropriate classes. All the spells and summons and buffs for the Wizard/Sorcerer were nerfed. :flaming: That is NOT acceptable. :flaming:

An OC which is not something you would laugh at. Seriously, you should not feel that the entire point of the quest is pointless.

Better graphics...please.

2. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I agree with all that has been said adove.

I'd love horses, but do it right like Slayer of the Coast said. Other farm animals might be nice too. Sheperds need sheep.

Make the creatures look like they're supposed to!! :mad: It really takes you out of the game when the monsters aren't DnD, but somebody stupid idea of it (ie ghouls, orcs, goblin, giants, bugbears, etc..) You made them right in the BG series (for the most part), now make them 3D. And dragons, your PC shouldn't be able to single handedly kill one, that's just stupid. Dragons are supposed to be big, very big, NWN dragons looked alright, but they were way too small, and way to weak. Please, make the monsters look like they're supposed to.

And seeing a big half-orc barbarian pounching someone then suddenly doing a jump kick, looks stpuid too. Fighting styles might be nice, like dwarves using their heads, halfings pounching a big guy between then legs, or other things like that.

Z-axis, might be nice expecially for levitation spells and such.

Better terrain, like Morrowind, there aren't any hills in NWN!!! Travelling on flat grass lands isn't realistic or fun, Faerun isn't Saskatchewan! :mad:

Make the currency proper, carrying 2000000000000 gold ain't realistic. Neither is paying 100000 for a sword, or a shop buying one. Like in the real Forgotten Realms one gold peice can get you quite a bit at an inn. What ever happened to copper and silver coins? It there is to be good money system, then there needs to be silvers and coppers.

And yes mages are supposed to be powerful. Bringing back some old spells might be nice too. And re-using the same few spell effects with different colours is quite noticable.

In dialogues, dwarves aren't usually all polite and courteous to elves. Dialouges should change according to race and class, please.

I'd also like to see more interesting class quests. Like for thieves, simple unlocking a chest grapign whats in it and leaving sucks for thieves. So is turning on hide and walking right in front of all the guards without them noticing. I liked the hide in Morrowind, something like that would be nice. The quests should be more complex, like the thieves having to observe the guards patterns and sneaking between them or whatever. Oh yeah, and running on roofs would be fun.

Cloaks would also be nice

And a good story, with interesting NPCs.

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ditto what Faraaz said. The only reason I didn't buy the first one was because single-player games just don't do it for me. I'd love to try my hand at custom building an RPG or two myself, and test my dad and brother, or others, with them.

All of the prestige classes from the DMG 3.5e, not just the ones they happen to feel like doing.

4. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

A single player campaign that's actually worth my time. I have a group of very capable and entertaining individuals that I play pencil and paper D&D with, in real life. I am not looking to re-create that experience on the computer. At all. When I plunk down $40-50 for a game, I want a frelling GAME, not an "engine".

Give me an engaging story where I can't see the "twists" from 50 miles away on a dark and foggy night. Give me NPCs with actual personalities that I can care about with AI that isn't monumentally retarded. I want the gameplay system to enhance the roleplaying, not act as a substitute for one. I want true implementation of subraces, with real consequences for playing "offbeat" ones. Give me more prestige classes--both race-neutral and race-specific--and implementation of deities ala IWD2 (but give me a wide variety, human and demihuman, to choose from). Also? Let's see a little more variety in the level design and item placement--I don't want to spend 5 minutes picking a lock only to discover yet another box filled with 5 GP and a dagger.

Is that so much to ask? ;)

PS.: Fetch quests were old in 1987. 1987, TPTB. It's 2004. Use your frelling imagination.

5. Hellheart Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

*A better story for one.
    *More powerfull mages , and the specialized ones should really spezialize. How can you create a conjurer and never memorize a conjuration spell? It should be possible to become powerfull in its own domain!
    *Better graphics , especially for the weapons and equipment , -> just like in BG2.
    *More races and subraces , or templates to make combinations yourself (half-illithids , half-trolls, half-fey , ...). So it could be possible to finally play a freacking demon!!

Some examples : abrian , haraknin , shadurakul , vultivor , dark creeper , dark stalker , ethergaunt , fensir , rakka , feytouched , giants , huecuva , jackal lord , jackalwere , kaorti , keeper, khaasta , maug , mongrelfolk , kalareem , sillit , varoot , planetouched , quth-maren , rilmani , sarkrith , selkie , shadar-kai , skulk , spriggan , swordwraith , wendigo , yuan-ti anathema , yurian , ...

*Another idea would be to introduce 'grafts'.
    *More clerics and deities.

6. Knightmare Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The ability to easilly convert custom things (from a simple weapon blueprint to a whole PW) from NWN1 into NWN2. There's sooooo much custom stuff out there (on the Vault and elsewhere) that would be a great shame to "lose" when people start playing NWN2.

7. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I would like to see more individual clothing customisation, if i want to wear a chainmail shirt with iron greaves let me do it (like in Mwind). More individual items, plants (for alchemy), more on the crafting side of things (more items for it).

Owning a keep/stronghold would be cool and generating real followers (ones actually worth having around) would be better (AD&D stylee)... Oooh full scale battles over whole provinces...

How about not thinking on one plane (physically speaking), if my thief wants to enter a castle through an open upstairs window, let him use cats claws or rope to *climb* up there... But if he falls of into a moat at least let him be able to swim...

Just a few thoughts, all the rest seems to be spot on guys, damnit why don't they actually ask the gaming population what they actually want in games instead of making half-arsed systems that constantly need patching and updating cos they "missed" bits out in the previous versions...

*He sits down and takes a long swig of ale, "I think i'm done."*

8. Amatorius Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] @Slayer of the Coast
    • Yes, it could get stronger to carry more weight or get better senses as it levels up, like seeing further and hearing better to warn the rider of enemies, ambushes and such by getting nervous and neighing or something like that.
    • I think that would be fair. Better horse, higher skill needed to ride it. Druids, Clerics{unsure} and Rangers could talk to it with the animal empathy skill (Mages, Sorcerers{unsure} and Bards{unsure, I forget :( } maybe could communicate with it on the familiar level) the rest of us will just have to tell it what to do. Maybe dwarves and short folk could have ponies for relevance to their size? Ogres(Orcs?) would need Clydesdales or a draught horse, Elves would probably prefer thoroughbreds, maybe Humans prefer stockhorses or mixed breed? And when I say prefer I mean have a racial bonus in dealing with them or 'breaking' them in. When I say need I mean a dwarf would have problems even getting up on a thoroughbred because of the height differences. Also, they are far too high-strung to have a cursing dwarf riding on their backs :p .
    • Saddles are useful but think of the mediaeval possibilities: armour, standards over the armour for that personal touch, magical armour with resistances against whatever comes up, Magical standards for cloaking, etc. (all for a price of course) special shoes for speeding the horse up even more so or for damage/fatigue resistance Maybe you could have a new weapon for the rider- Lances! Maybe you could even have jousting tourneys in multiplayer... need I say more?
    • No that shouldn't be necessary, there are too many problems to consider, besides you don't have to eat why should it. And when I say 'it' thats exactly what I mean - no going anywhere near gender or breeding them yourself, FAR FAR too many complications - leave it to the professionals. As for endurance it should last as long as you do, if not longer, think BGI/II fatigue style. On that note- Inns should automatically have stables attached so your trusty steed can rest. Otherwise just pull up some turf if you are out and about.
    • On an obvious practicality note: You should definitely have a mount/dismount button and maybe have the horse go on aggressive mode if you go into a tavern so that back outside no thieves can steal your horse/s. Or if the horse has to come with you into the new area (building) there could be a little room to leave the horses before the main area -where you are going- then put it on aggressive mode to guard your stuff :) .
    • Dragons have egos and personalities, maybe you could do a *mightily hard* fetch quest to gain the privilege of riding said dragon occasionally? (if you were in a six member party he/she would pick them up as well; one in each claw and one with the tail, you on the back of course) Or have he/she as a permanent ally to teleport to you if you are in mortal peril? This is of course only if he/she agrees. Maybe there could be several of these around, one for each class, but you should only have one *multiclassing shouldn't count* so if you multi you can only pick one dragon not two or three, it's only fair. Also, Red Dragon Disciples should have some kind of extra bonus in dealing with dragons -total immunity to the fear aura, maybe the dragons liking them more or something- they are part dragon after all.

9. Aballister Gems: 1/31

More prestige classes, feats and skills. I wish the drow (half drow) race in the game, and Aasimar, Thiefling, Genasi etc.

:)

10. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

3.0 - 3.5 sucks, (haste doesn't give partial action :-\).

Include all the Faerun Feats, don't include stuff that isn't already there, (ie: no parry...).

Henchman are retarded.... no more henchman, dnd is a party experience... not a solo run :-\.

11. nordman Gems: 1/31

Funny easter eggs from BG or IWD series, Maybe PST to.
    Easier scripting
    Not only fights
    Better storys
    NO HERO ACADEMY!

12. netdiver Gems: 1/31

What really annoyed me, and what I hope changes in the next installment or game would be that, if the equipment you busted tail for throughout the original campaign and the first expansion is magically spirited away in the second expansion pack by an evil drow, and you have the chance to get it back later in the game, make sure it is ALL the equipment you had begged for, borrowed and stole, not just the crap you had equipped when you loaded. That really ticked me off.

Also, mooooooore romance. oo-laa-laa valen with his horny horns and his uh, tail.

13. callahashani Gems: 1/31

well heres a suggestion that would work if you ARE gonna make it more alignment based...EQUAL REWARDS FOR PLAYING IN CHARACTER!!! Ive played BG2 so many times than not for an evil party the reward doesnt even come close to the good reward. Give those playing evil a reward for stay within themselves; There is nothing more pathetic than have a CE thief having to resort to helping out of the 'kindness' of his heart to get a good reward. GRRRR

14. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Druids should loose their druidic abilities if they use weapons other than the druid kind.

2nd edition rules , that won`t happen I know :)

Paladin`s shouldn`t die from the phantasmal killer spell. Since they are imune to fear and can`t be frightened to death.

Skins , lots of them. Looks bad if your mage with 8 Strength looks like Arnold.

No elves with moustaches and beards. I encountered alot of Drow elves with beards.

Normal XP rewards. Killing a dragon all by yourself should give more than 260Xp. That was laughable in number 1. Especially since Rats gave you 60XP.

Using Bows in close combat should give you attacks of opertunity.

Leave the Monks OUT of the game. The are insanely overpowered. Fists are the weapons that to the most damage , yeah that makes sense.
    No armor at all is the best protection , that makes sense too. I hate them.

No point buy char generation crap. Roll instead.

No giving orc`s fire resistance etc just because your char has learned to cast a fireball. Thats just mongoloid.

Brand new look. More like the BG games or Temple of elemental evil.

No goblins carrying +7 ecuipment. Not even the FR gods have that kind of stuff , its moronic even to have it in the game.
    +5 is maximum , and extremely rare.

Prestige classes that makes sense.
    If your not invited to join the harpers you arn`t a harper scout. Find harpers maybe , get on their good side and then get the prestige class as an option.

Weapons made for halflings and gnomes. That way you can play a halfling fighter without sacrificing your shield to use anything other than a dagger.

Better helmets , the once in the first game wern`t good at all. Heavy helmets , needs heavy armor proficiency etc.

A paladin mount would be cool , conmsidering Rangers gets companion etc.

Companion must be resurected if it croaks. Its just an animal , not a familiar. You don`t sumon it either.

Barbarians entering rage should not look like they are casting a spell when they enter it. Looks ridicilous.

Different types of Clerics .

Studded leather +3 armour and max 5 dex , not 4
    (that allways bothered me hehe)

Craft weapons and armours only in smithy`s. Not in the woods with no equipment at all to make it.

thicker arms for female skins. The previous ones looked like stick men`s arms. Not likely if the lady has 25 strenght.

More Tatoo`s in the face area.

If you have 20 dex and wear a full plate , your ref save shoudl suffer.

Better quickbar , the one in number 1 sucked.

NO HENCHMEN.

No idiotic feats.

thats all I can think of at the moment.

And yes I do have something against the first game hehe

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Removed the ones I agreed with.

Yup, but I would rather like 3.0 than 3.5, but as you said, it is set in stone that it will be 3.5.

Doesn't using bows in NWN already give AoO? If it does, please explain.

As I want the game to stay true to the D&D rules, monks should be in the game. Remember, they are not natural. At level 20, they are considered outsiders, not humanoids anymore.

Point buy is needed to prevent people to roll for 4+ hours and then have an über character online while others who just rolled for five minutes are gimped forever.

As the game was epic, +10 items were allowed. I know, it is stupid, but that's directly taken from the Epic Level Handbook.

Yes, it doesn't make sence that you still keep your +5 bonus to your reflex saves when wearing a full plate, but to be true to the D&D rules, one should still keep it. And as I said before, I want the game to stay true to the rules.

And I agree, no idiotic feats, as long as they do not belong to the D&D rules.

16. Nerezza Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I love D&D gaming. I don't know much about what's going on in the background (you know all the dice rolling and stuff) but I still consider myself a part of the D&D community.

Personally I would love to see extreme character customisation in the next NWN. And not just typical races and classes and the such.
    My NeverWinter Nights character is a half-elf fighter/rouge drow who has broken off from her Underdark siblings to explore the world above. (no she is not a female Drizzt) And in some respects playing as an outsider to the typical races of roleplaying has given me some ideas too.

-A more in depth racial aspect. If your character is drow like mine, people are going to be wary of them, some good characters, (a bull headed paladin for example) may even outright attack me on sight. (Viconia from BG2 anyone?)
    If you are a Blackguard, noble paladins are obviously going to not like you. So something like a class/race personality system would be cool.

-The possibility of selecting a hometown from a list. Even have the hometown's description there.

-As many have mentioned before about riding animals. It would be cool, and there would be advantages to this. You could have classes dedicated to riders. eg. "Horserider" or "Dragon Rider". I could just picture my character atop a giant spider.

-great item customization. The toolset provided me with a way to improve my weapons and items, but it was still limited. I will STRESS THIS FACT, I think roleplaying games need equipment that make your character really stand out. A Blackguard with a massive black fullplate with spikes twisting out of the back and coming up and over his shoulders pointing foward would be more than enough to intimidate even the bravest kobold.

-The ability to choose animation sets for your character. If you are a ninja-style character you wont be fighting like a barbarian. You would be ducking and weaving about.

-Lots of soundsets, lots of portraits and lots and lots of character models. Make it almost impossible to make any two characters be alike.

-BG2 almost captured this next element, but not quite enough. GUILDS! I want GUILDS! Have it so you can join a guild and do endless amounts of quests for them. And not just a theives guild or a druid's grove. Have it so you can join up with a paladin temple and train your way up to graduation. But dont stop it there. After you graduate, you can embark on quests for the temple. Have circus clans or something for bards, barracks for fighters, mage towers for mages! It would be so COOL!

Last of all, make your characters growth very realistic. Say if you were a mage and you had alot of money, you could buy a tower and hire staff or constuct guardian golems. You could then spend hours mixing potions and things trying to learn new spells and such. Dont just do this for wizards, make the option open to every class. Like a fighting school for fighters and a guild for thieves.

There are probably a thousand more things I could think of but I agree with alot of the things people have said too. Anyway, I reckon the makers of the sequel should be made to look at this. Send it to them!

17. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I just want one thing...i really hope that the NWN2 developers read and listen to the fans opinions, and please learn from the past mistakes (the whole NWN for instance :D ).

18. Nerezza Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I agree. If developers spent more time listening to what gamers actually want than spending time making things they think we want, the world would be a better place.

19. Newfie Banned

Have you seen the graphics for Witcher, that uses the same graphics as NWN 2? The candy is there, all we need now is the story and character creation. Could be great.

20. Cunctator Gems: 1/31

Things I'd like to see in NWN 2 are:

1. TURN BASED COMBAT. The reason why most of the D&D skills/feats etc are useless is mostly because players don't have time to micromanage their characters, thay just use the "Hit em hard" or "Fire and forget" tactics. And the turn limit of spell duration would make sense too.

2. Party (come on there was no party in NWN or HotU/SoU, ther was only Superman and two retard weaklings) I mean why can't we make a party of at least two PCs and adding two NPCs (fully under control) would make the party a classic balance fighter-rogue-mage-cleric type.

3. Less battles more quests/puzzles/dialogues with different results. I mean, battling monsters is fun, but it gets kind of annoying if it is all the game has to offer.

4. Less powerful magic items (the idea of having a character with 40 in every stat at the end of HotU really freaked me out). Of course there can be SOME powerful magic items, but getting a Nymph Cloak +XX off of a goblin is plain dumb. That's why powerful items are so desirable in PnP D&D - you don't get them very often and there can possibly be no "Leave that vorpal +5 longsword, we have already a dozen of those" dialogue. In my opinion adding less +X items and more "Whatever of Speed/Fire/Wounding etc. would balance tha game a little if there is no way to lover the ammount of magic items.

5. Alignment based quests and actually the ability to play any other alignment than Lawful/Neutral Good. I mean, why would an Evil person be a wellcome visitor in a Temple of a Lawful Good good, it just doesn't make sense.

6. No more 20+ lvl characters, the most fun D&D has to offer lies between the 5th and 15th lvl, lover is hard, higher is easy (if you don't like fighting dragon armies or clearing out whole levels of Abyss). The levels in NWN came far too easy so the player couldn't even enjoy the benefits each new level offered to them.

7. More romancing and perhaps party banter (BG was a good example how it could be done).

8. Items that really ARE class specific.

9. More main character class dependant tasks. Who on Earth would give a task to find a sacred chalice for a temple to a thief. Or on the other hand a pirate captain would never trust a paldin.

10. And at last - can we please take another region of the Forgotten Reams, for god's sake I am so annoyed with the frozen wastelands, why can't we make a desert or a jungle adventure?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.