1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

May the speculation begin...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Taluntain, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Shivi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

In this topic, members have posted many important points out of which even if 50% are implemented, NWN2 will be a good game without doubt.

However, a very basic question; may be out ignorance but I didn't find anything which answers my question in forum rules.

Does the feedback from here actually goes to the game developers?
    Has someone summarized this whole discussion and actually rated the various demands i.e. the feature demanded by max. members to be given highest priority etc.?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Developers of D&D games pretty much as a rule stick to their own official forums. Some of them read other forums here and there too, but that's about it. If any of them look here now and then unofficially, there's no way of knowing it.

3. Athena Shaaelspar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I cant say for sure what I want... except, story-wise, I sure as heck hope they make the ending of the new game BETTER than the ending of the first.

That, to me, was a HUGE disappointment.

I'm more concerned about the story, than the gameplay. (Hell, look at FF7 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: crappy graphics, camera-problems, glitches all-around--but great stories.)

That's about it.

4. Man_Solo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'll tell you what i want to see! I want a spruced up clone of baldurs gate 2. More liches! AND BRING BACK IMPRISONMENT!!! Neverwinter Nights only had one evil evil henchman, that just wont do.

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

After seeing the screens and gameplay movies, I have a feeling this game is going to be another big disappointment. I'll just hang until gamespot review it, and if it's any less than 9.0, I'll pass.

6. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

NWN's original campaign sucked. Every review pointed out all the glaring problems it had. Nevertheless, NWN turned out to be a very fun game for many of us due to modules created by the player community and online play.

As a tool for re-creating the table-top experience, NWN was great. A good DM and a group of good RPers could have fun for hours in a basic tavern or dungeon with a couple goblins. In that sense, NWN2 can only be an improvement.

For me, the game won't be made or broken by the campaign it ships with.

That said, the graphics are not blowing me away. Much of the game is looking like recycled NWN: many of the same sounds, same monsters, same NPCs and same basic setting.

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I thought the online play was stinking awful actually, the toolset was fun to play with for a few hours, but is so limited. I found gameplay incredibly dull, and everything seemed lifeless. By the looks of things, nothing has changed. The campaign for me is the single most important thing.

8. Deadman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I agree. The single player campaign is what this game should be judged on, even though the graphics look to be a huge improvement from the first neverwinter nights. Hope there's a good storyline and ending to it, with a variety of scenarios dependant on your characters attributes. It gets boring to play to the same ending and consistent storyline unless there was more than one route to get there. I haven't played a game to an exciting storyline since Baldur's Gate & Baldurs Gate 2. That aside, I hope there are some fascinating magic items in the game and interesting characters to meet.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I agree as well. The only thing I will be judging the game on is the enjoyability of the single player campaign.

10. Bronze Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well... Don't get your hopes too high.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.