1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

May the speculation begin...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Taluntain, Aug 4, 2004.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would want it to come with some gameplay, making it fun to play. NWN was a great idea and the mp was well thought out but the entire game atleast for me lacked gameplay. I did not think it was fun to play, even if I was on a great MP server with really good people.

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Everything related to single player should be better than in the first one. After all, I'm probably not going to play any multiplayer games with this game either.

3. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I would like to see more depth in the quests and NPC's. Own personalities would be cool.

An option to have a party with their own personalities.

More emphasis on the single player part of the game than the multiplayer.

More of the world to explore and more other things to do then just run errands and kill goblins.

I don't care much about graphics, just give me a more challenging and detailed world!!!

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I want you to play the hero who saved Neverwinter, it would be nice to finish that story.
    I also hope the story will take place all over the multiverse (Krynn or Ravenloft, for example)

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As long as I can play an Aasimar Hierophant of Lathander, I'm happy.

6. Day to Night Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Although there is not much there at the moment there is a website set up for the game

nwn2 homepage

7. Bhaerau Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Graphics/features on the NWN2 is excellent imo. The community still need some work though, not as friendly as here ;)

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Gothic-style NPC schedules would also be welcome now that I think about it. It would make NWN2 seem more alive than the original, when (nearly) everyone would stay rooted to their spots day and night.

9. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

What would be nice is if they could produce a game where the combat rules are something that makes sense. When you tell an NPC to "Stand Your Ground", THEY SHOULD.....not ignore you and attack anyways. IMO, that was a fatal flaw in battle strategy. One shouldn't have to remove a character from the party just to get them to stand still. And it makes no difference in proximity either. I was recently in a battle where I told a character to "Stay" (we were OUTSIDE of a temple). I enter the temple to find her right there. Very, very frustrating and I hope I don't see it in this new game. (Frankly, I'm ready to throw SoU outside in the garbage heap.)

10. MilanChe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Damnation!!! The damn forum just ate my response! I hate it when that happens! Here we go again, this time the short version.

First NWN was a dissapointment. They will surely do better this time, but will it be enough? They have much to work on. Baldur McGate, Stormhand, Rednik, Lil'Guy, Harbourboy (I agree, IWD was more fun), Darkthrone and Durgar have already voiced opinions that are almost the same as mine.

Horses don't make up for lousy gameplay and a lack of imersive story => Sacred.

11. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Quick question: Do we know which rules they will use for this game? Will it be 3E as the first NWN or will it be 3.5?

(I don't even know which rules the expansions use!!)

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't even know what the differences between those rules are. I wish they wouldn't keep changing the rules all the time. I want to be able to take the rules I learn in one game and apply them in the next. Even when the rules are the same, they're different. Arent IWD2 and NWN supposed to be both 3e even though there are loads of differences between the actual rules applied in the games?

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] NWN2 will use 3.5e rules.

14. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

(Taken from here.)

Let me just say this: OMG! Please say that ain't so! :(

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

"in-depth and rich as the first game"? So... it's going to be a complete flop?

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He had to say that since he needs to suck up to BioWare, he can't just say "The OC sucked, but we'll make it better." I have enough trust in Feargus that they'll improve on the OC significantly.

[ August 10, 2004, 13:31: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

17. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

So by reading between the lines we should interpret it something like this:

"Obsidian will be focusing on the single-player experience to make it just as..."
    Here his eyes glaze over as if possessed by some evil demon and the rest is spoken in a language which you don't recognize. ;)

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

If I had somebody working for me I wouldn't want them to be "Yes" Man. I want somebody who can honestly tell me my decisions suck. Not some ass-kissing gutless coward who'll stick to release dates (in case you don't know... release dates = bad, postponing game = good - there is usually a better game out of it).

19. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

^Yeah, like Doom 3, Half Life 2, and all other overrated hypes. I think what you wanted to say is: release dates = bad, postponing game = good - there is usually a better game out at the time the original arrives (e.g. Far Cry instead of HL2 or Painkiller instead of D3). ;)

20. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

yes but obsidian isn't working for bioware, but with bioware, and it is considered bad tone to criticize a partner in public plus it is bad fore further business to say in public that your partners work sucks

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.