1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

May the speculation begin...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Taluntain, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Baldur McGate Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Some FUN in the original campaign, no more go east, south, north, west and fetch items, collect cash or get something good... Thats just plain boo-poop, no offense Minsc :)

I would like to see some action in there! Some cool quests, like you direct the battle in Underdark. Something like that :) or something other interesting. Like... A handful of action a pinch of humor? :rolleyes:

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

I hope that it would be a game that is fun to play in single player mode, something NWN is not.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I want ridable horses and ridable beasts!!! It's a bloody medieval setting people!!! Come on! Multiple NPC followers, and better monster AI. I want opponents to use all their skills!!!

That's the one thing I love about DM'd games, the npc's tend to bring everything they have to bear on you!

Other things I'd like to see:

More armor/weapon variation in the customization screens

More variety in landscapes and buildings. Have you ever seen that Tir Na Nog setting that guy built?!?!? It's fantastic!

More clothing variations

More spells

Cloaks that you see on your pc avatar in game

Actually, have all the equipment you are wearing show up on your avatar, boots, cloaks, amulets, braces, etc...

More monsters

Chances for more epic style (large scale) battles

They should really scour the NWVault and pull the best of the best into the game.

Is that enough? I'll try to think up more!!!

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'll tell ya what I'd like to see.

Jello wrestling.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes - I want it to be interesting in Solo Player mode with high replayability value otherwise I won't bother with it.

7. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Better single player.

Better graphics. (make that better engine actually)

Better interpretation of the D&D rules.

Better game balance between classes.

A Z-axis.

8. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Like NWN but...
    In order of importance:

Z-Axis.
    Easier scripting.
    More flexible toolset.
    More tilesets.
    Better graphics.
    Horses.
    Decent singleplayer.

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Taza - Ridable Horses!!!! They already have horses in the game, but you can't ride them!

Hell, they had ridable horses in Daggerfall - 10 YEARS AGO!!!

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I hope they focus on the single-player campaign in this one. No more stupid Waterdhavian creatures this time around, there should be quests that affect alignment and have multiple outcomes. Sort of like that one village quest in chapter 2 of the OC, whose name escapes me.

A graphical update would also be pretty sweet, it could even be done with the same engine, just look at the screens of The Witcher.

However, I have a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that this NWN is going to be even more simplified and will be a PC and Console release.

11. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

A new engine but not a lame repetitive limited one and a good story.

12. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I hope it has a story, unlike the OC (I'm almost glad I got my computer stolen, it kept me from forcing myself to finish this game....).

I'd like to see an alignment system similar to Planescape: Torment.

It'd be very nice if there were instances where you actually have to think your way through.

NPCs with personalities like in Baldur's Gate. Add to that "party based".

Finding interesting and different items, unlike finding 7 copies of the same dull one - 7 copies after only halfway through the game that is!

13. Lil' Guy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Like most people, I'd like to see a game that's more like the BG series. A party with NPCs who talk to each other, not to mention -you-. It bugged the heck out of me that the NPCs in NWN had 1) next to no personality 2) didn't say anything to you unless you talked to them and 3) involving quests. There's nothing so lame as to have someone tell you they want an item, one that's rare, valuable, and possibly magical and then to just find it laying around in some dungeon unattended with next to no explanation of how it got there at best.

The lack of control over NPCs (did that change in the expansions? I thought I heard something about)was totally mind boggling. If you can't have the option of telling NPCs what to do, you get people doing things like stopping in the middle of healing your severe wounds to chase fleeing goblins and casting negative energy spells on undead.

I hated the way NWN just seemed slow. The movement, casting, and other animations of sprites in the BG series just seemed so much faster. I have a computer that more than meets the recommended specs for NWN and with the game running at its best (it wasn't my comp slowing it down) it still seemed a little like my character was moving through water. If NWN2 was going to be like BG with slightly better graphics and the same caliber of storyline, quests and NPCs, I'd buy it in a second.

Also, it seemed like there weren't that many items in the game, at least compared to BG. Maybe it had something to do with the random item generation, but they need to fix it. I really don't care if I play the game through for a second time and find the same tings in every chest. I've played BGII through three times now, and am playing a fourth time and in part it is because I can count on that +1 dagger to be behind the portrait that makes it interesting. The luster of a Robe of Good Archmagi diminishes after I've managed to get a hold of seven after the first chapter.

How about some good farseeing and transport spells? Reveal the map, (or at least reveal it around enemies or on the overland) and have teleport spells to move you to places you've been.

Also -true- bags of holding. Make them rare, but able to hold anything you want. Honestly, people are supposed to be able to build villages inside of them, why can't I fit more than four sets of clothing in one?

Anyway, this post is looking more like a rant than a speculatory musing, but I really hope Bioware does better this time. If people stealing games is bringing down revenue as much in the single player game market as it' purported to, then develop better protection and make registration of CD keys mandatory as a prereq of complete installation. Then get back to work and design something new and interesting.

*deap breath in*deapb breath out*
    *deap breath in*deapb breath out*

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Horses are nice but what I'd like to see are ridable ships and boats. It would be nice to get a little water action going at times.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

More colours in the interface. For example, all the spells in the radial thingy were the same colour so you have to look really closely to make sure you're casting the right spell.

Just make it more interesting! Even the much maligned IceWind Dale II linear story is more interesting than the NWN OC plot. It's got to be worthwhile playing it more than once.

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I want it to come with a free sword. And a magic wand. And a stick. (I couldn't think of what Druids use to cast their magic.)

17. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Right. Just like Mystra's Chosen I want the game to enhance my sexual prowess, of course (Or did I get your Magic wand/stick metaphor wrong ;) ). In addition, it would be nice to have a single player campaign that actually is demanding and challenging .

I can't think of a single fight in NWN (single mode) where I had to figure out a specific tactic. Too much Hacken Slash...

18. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

2 things I want. 2 things and only 2 things. Wait, make that 3...

1) A toolset and DM client. NWN wouldn't be NWN without it.
    2) Some sort of program which will convert NWN modules into NWN2 modules. That will save me a lot of time, and the rest of ALFA as well.
    3) The most important one. I want NWN 2!

19. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Yea, yea, ridable horses... i am more intrested in ridable shadow hounds. :p

Of course, support to module PC name filter in character creation (Please!)(Meaning that one can keep anyone from naming their char "Legolas" or "Drizzt Do'Urden" in my module instead of using DM kill) and support to subraces would be nice. :p

And if it's going to have a console version, i'm surely staying away from it.

20. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Everything Sir B. said. Especially the mounts. Sub races too! Monster character classes! I want to play as a half-troll or mind flayer!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.