1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your favorite type of monster to fight?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Izaad, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Izaad Guest

[​IMG] Unquestoinably, myconid men. They dont pester you with long range weapons, they come by the thousands(well...almost), you dont have to waste time looting all their corpses like you do with lizard men or kobolds, and they give you that heat-of-battle, into-the fray thrill that is so exhilartating. What can I say, I love the little guys.

2. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Beholders with sheild of Balduran, Mages with cloak of reflection. Easy stuf lots of Experince.

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Versatile parties. Like Mencar Pebblecrusher & co. or those bastards in the sewers. Drow parties are cool too, or those Harpers or...

4. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Samia's party was quite fun the first time, and still good fun afterwards so long as you dont just fill the room with traps and skull traps.

5. El Japana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ugh. I HATE myconids. AD&D had so many stupid monsters like that...
    But, I do enjoy killing damn dirty Drow.

6. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Not monster but foe, they are damned cowled wizards...

7. strange_machine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i like to shoot woodland creatures with my elven archer.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I like mindflayers, dragons, githyanki and drow best. However, gauths and beholders are about the hardest challenge without the shield of Balduran or the cloak of reflection - hard but still managable, though you need good missilers and a lot of spells.

9. zaknafein Guest

dragons are good for pratcising tactical skills. though in BG1 the gnoll fortress was great. a million billion gnolls waiting to be killed.

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really enjoy battling dragons, sadly enough they are not much of a challenge after you have defeated them 5+ times. But damn it is fun!. Partys are also fun to fight but they to lose their charm when you know they are there and you can take out their mage before he protects him self. Have anyone else noticed that almost all party fights are easy if their mage is dead?
    The most fun fight I have had in a long time is the Guarded Compound one in TDD they have added some nasty surprises and due to a bug I had to kill them all twice :D
    Only one set of loot though :(

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Undeads!
    I will serve their black hearts on a silver plate, whack their guts to Undeadhotchpotch and chop the dead meat to Filet Macabre.

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Other parties are fun. Basically anything that doesn't cause poison/paralysis/death/petrification/level drain/ability drain etc. (i.e. harmful effects)

13. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Kobolds, cleave through them like a hot knife through butter :evil:

14. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Probably Sahuagins and Kuo-Toas, well-rounded fighters and their spellcasters are very balanced. Plus Sahuagins' saving throws are so high it's a pleasure to instant kill them with storms of Chromatic Orbs!!

Oh I forgot undead. Except for nasty leveldrainers, send a decent Cleric to Turn Undead and you don't have to draw a sword.

15. C'Jakob Guest

Adventuring Parties, like Mencar & Co., or Samia & Friends. They just give you a well-rounded balanced enemy that makes for an exciting battle. It gets boring when it's just one powerful fighter or one powerful mage.

16. Brightblade Gems: 4/31

Goblins....holy smite they go down by, well they all go down.

17. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG]
    the dwarf's party in the sewers of temple district provides a great fight, that party is composed of several good fighters and almost as many spell casters.

another group that gives me satisfaction when fighting them would be yoshimo's party (the betrayal battle), they just keep on backstabbing my party, gives me a big sense of insecurity of not knowing which of my party member would be backstab.

18. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Vampire!!! It's very easy to backstab! I cleaned the lair without losing hp (and level...) If you have backstabber thief, just go to the graveyard and collect some XP!

19. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'd go with dragons for single enemy fights. They look great, hit hard, and although there are many ways to skin one, it always gives me a certain amount of satisfaction when they fall.

Theparty in the sewers is pretty damned hard if you take it on early, of course the Twisted Rune is a scrap worthy of the name.

20. Lithorn Gems: 4/31

A dragon, or a boss.(Bohdi, Irenicius ect.)
    Fights with strategy involved are very fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.