1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Attacked at every turn

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by theholygit, May 18, 2003.

1. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yes, as the title reads I am being attacked left right and centre.
    Every time I go through a certain area in the Docks, Waukeens promenade or the bridge district I get attacked by a group of Mercs/Adventurers.
    They consist of a few fighters, a Necromancer, Assassin, Mage/Theif and a Cleric.
    I have no idea why this keeps on happening and its not only annoying but also keeps on getting in the way of several quests that I've accepted.
    I've played through BG2 several times now and nothing like this has happened before. The only difference is that I'm going through solo with an imported character from BG.
    I've got a few mods and tweaks running to make the game more "interesting" this time round as well. I'm running the Imoen romance hack which I thought would be an interesting change of pace for the game, the Bhaal powers fix, the magnificant magic shop and the added "extras" to the thief stronghold.
    All of these I've downloaded from sorcerers BG2 section.
    So yeah, any help?

2. Redeemer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

it must got something to do with some of the patches you have installed. Can't recall being attacked by anything but muggers and other vampires ( I allways join the shadow thiefs).

But can't recall ever facing a necromancer in the game either, am I wrong?

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

you can remove them by running the setup of the mods you have installed by selecting the option 'ask about each one' and then uninstall it without ruining the rest of the mod. I think its called additional tactical encounters or something.

4. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Ahh much better. Thank you Malovae, its all back to normal now.
    I must admit, althought boring I did find the encoutners gave me a lot of money from all the stuff they were decked in.
    Still, thanks again.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Why unstall it? I mean it's a FREE XP pool!!!!

6. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I quite enjoyed the attacks - you get vast amounts of XP and gold for killing them and if you're high enough level they aren't that much of a problem.

7. theholygit Gems: 7/31

I find that higher the level you progress the more powerful they become and varied.
    You sound like you've got the same hack as I have, could you tell me, what exactly has been added to the thieves guild?
    So far the only difference I've noticed is that the old man that was being kept in the cells by Mae' Var asks to work for you as an alchemist.
    That probably happens normally anyway, I think.
    So, what should have happened by now? After the incident with the thieves under Kretor skimming money I've had nothing else to do.

8. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'm not sure what else happens with the thieves guild. I got attacked by this woman and her allies who weren't very happy with Mae'var being killed and me replacing them but I don't know if that's part of the thieves guild expansion or the usual game. If anything else changed, I never noticed it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.