1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lathander Glitch

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tayja, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

:confused:
    After I saw to the Cult of the Eyeless (heh, heh) and commissioned Sarles for Helm, I went to get my next mission from Lathlander. Every time I go to speak to Dawnmaster Sails, the temple alarm goes off and everyone attacks me. He won't come out to talk to me. Sometimes I'm fast enough to get the assignment before I get attacked. But what gives? How do I keep the alarm from sounding when I go to speak to him?

A second question...I've gotten the offer to go meet "Valen's mistress". As I recall Gaelen Bayle sends an urchin to make me a counter offer. Where does that happen?

Third question... I have Neb's head. Where do I find officer Brega?

Thanks for your help,
    Tayja

[ December 19, 2002, 22:06: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Brega is in the council of six building in the Gov district.

3. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ah yes this is quite cunning!

There are a few ways to get the statue.

The simplest and bloodiest is to take it, let the alarm sound and kill everyone there. I tried this for an experiment and you don;t lose reputation points. The only thing you may miss out on this way is you won't be able to buy things from the Dawnmaster who sells stuff - but you probably won;t need it anyway - you can get from other similar temples.

Other more cunning ways can include either using a thief hiding in shadows, or an improved invisibility spell (the one that you don;t reappear when you do an action), and going to the safe when the Dawnmasters are at their furthest away from it - every now and again they move around.

Another thing you can try is have priests and mages cast 'Hold Person' spells on the people here before you steal the stuff. I cannot remember if this makes them hostile or not. Yet another option is to use 'charm person' spells or skills (Minsc) on the guys nearest to the safe you are trying to steal from - when they are green and in your control, move them far away from the safe.

Some of the chests and bookcases in the area set off the alarm regardless... either ignore these, or get the items last and run if you don't want to fight. But trust me, it doesn't matter if you kill these guys!

Wait sorry - i don;t think the above is what you asked... sounds like you are working FOR lathander and they seem to go hostile anyway... did you earlier in the adventure steals stuff from their temple, and perhaps one of them noticed and went hostile just as you left earlier?

If that is the case you may have accidently stopped the natural progression of the lathander quests as they go hostile... there may be a console way to correct this but im not sure, i hardly ever use the console. Maybe someone else can help.

As for Brus, the urchin boy - for me he always appears right after Vaelen's mistress leaves. If he didn;t for you.... sounds like another console job! Did you leave an area immediately after the mistress left?

Yes Brega is the guy at the back of the council building... as a bonus try pickpocketting him - he has some healing potions!

[ December 17, 2002, 19:36: Message edited by: komei ]

4. Tayja Gems: 6/31

Thanks for the input guys. I was able to find Brega. Yea! One thing off the checklist.

I'm still having problems with the Lathlander temple though. Everyone's fine when I walk in. Its only when I go towards the Dawnmaster to get my next assignment that an alarm goes off and everyone attacks me.

I've tried going in the morning, at night, before the Helm assignments, and after the Helm assignments. I've checked for traps. I've tried friend spells. Nada.

They are bound and determined to kill me, or, more likely, die trying. But if I kill them all, who's going to give me a reward for getting their silly ring back?

Is there a technical glitch here? And, more importantly, is there a patch?

Thanks again,
    Tayja

5. Nocturno Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A reputation problem maybe?

Or did you, by chance, have a fight in the streets in the Temple District, harming a Priest of Lathander/Morning Knight by accident?

6. Tayja Gems: 6/31

Nope. I've got a reputation of 20.

And, as I said, everyone's hanging out and cool until I approach to speak to Dawnbringer Sain. Then this mysterious alarm goes off and I have to run out of there quickly before my people start fighting back.

The closest I've been able to get is to haste my character, and have the rest of my party ready to run at the district exit.

I race in,and talk to the Dawnbringer. He tells me about the ring, all friendly and praiseworthy of my reputation. As soon as I end dialogue the Morning Knights jump all over me.

I race out and my party bolts the district before anyone gets hurt.

Is there something I'm wearing that sets off the alarm? I haven't tried stripping down to my skivvies yet.

Also if I run while they're attacking me, do they eventually cool down so I can go back with the ring? Someday? Maybe?

7. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Could be a bug inside the game;the best way is to reinstall game(backup tour save files:))& by the way it's Lathander...

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There are no items that set off alarms like this.

No, sorry.

9. Pie Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Not sure if I'm necroing or not, but: a question that was asked by one of the posters in this thread has caught my attention which is currently an issue of I have.

I've killed Dawnbringer Sain/knights accidently (not knowing I'd need him later in the game) by attempting to hide in shadows and steal from the safe in the bottom right corner of the the Temple. So I ended up killing them and quicksaving and what not.

I'm pretty far into the game so going back to the previous "saved file" is honestly not a desired option.

I've attempted using the CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("SCSAIN") - it works, but when Dawnbringer Sain spawns he's hostile/KoS. (Mind you he's weak and dies in like 2-4 hits).

So could anyone lend me some directions as to how to fix his hostility?

Thanks/kudos to whomever can help.

10. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I think I see where the screw up happened.

You mentioned you got the commission of Sir Sarles for the temple of Helm.

No matter which temple you join they want you to get him to create a work of art for their own temple. Helm for Helm, Lathander for Lathander, and so on.

I think this error may have turned into a full blown bug that is leading to your problems. See if you can go back to a save prior to the Sarles subquest and don't get a commission for a different temple. You may even want to think about giving Sarles the alloy to piss him off and let you keep the real ore (but maybe or maybe not while working for a different temple).

Wow, I just saw hold old this thread is.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.