1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I need help creating a character to resemble me...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Maettt Flaqq, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Maettt Flaqq Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Could you guys give your opinions on the race and class of this description:

Naturally strong; does not work out really and still has above average muscle toning. If I pumped iron, I could become seriously ripped.

Not that quick. EXCELLENT reflexes, but often I am clumsy and I can't make a quick offensive attack worth crap.

Excellent health; I can take plenty of damage, and the only ay to bring me down is to incapacitate me. I have asthma, and hay fever as weaknesses, but I also have certain immunities/resistances, such as to sunburn and poison oak/ivy.

Quite intelligent. Not the most educated at this point, but I was #1 in my class without trying, against several very hard-working intellectuals.

I find myself to be wise as in, I *know* exactly what needs to happen and what the cause will be. I have none of the fancies and stupid delusions most people get, and am very practical. HOWEVER-- this does not always apply to my behavior, and often is the time when I'll do something stupid/crazy for amusement, or something unwise just for the sake of doing it.

I'm not all that charismatic. I can be charming with the ladies, because I am above-average in looks, and I have a way with words; if I know you on a personal level, chances are you love me. But with groups of people, I lack something. For some reason, they have been known to single me out before I even do anything, and even more so AFTER I do something. HAHAA!!

Qualities: I am fiercely loyal to my friends, and would (hypothetically) die for them given the chance. I am also fiercely loyal to my beliefs, though I am not the most educated in them, so I tend to get my can kicked in debates. I don't understand the love of one's country, because I love all countries and (most) cultures, and I would side with whoever is right, not just automatically go with my country because I was born in it. People often say I'm a traitor because of this...

Cons: I am quite arrogant. As is anyone with qualities of this nature. I think I'm better than pretty much everyone, and it will get me far in life, but eventually it may lead to trouble with my betters, should I come into conflict with them. I am also quite LAZY, hence the lack of much education.

Side notes: I can be the lurker in the corner, the stone-silent watcher of goings-on, or I can be the obnoxious psycho in the midst of the revelry. I have been known to be both. My personality often changes, and I like to put up a facade of being stupid and crazy (few people know the real me), mostly for my own amusement, and partially for people to underestimate me. Many do this, and I don't try to stop them (I often encourage it) because that will give me the edge if I ever compete with said persons. I rarely ever get into fights, EVER. I am calculating enough that I will not fight unless it is absolutely necessary, and it is only so against people I hate. Therefore, I go totally berserk in combat (hence why you NEED to incapacitate me) and I strike furious blows, not caring if I send my opponent to the hospital. Since I hate few people, though, I pretty much never fight. So hardly anyone about me knows what I am capable of. It's commonly known as "flip-mode." I like to act evil, and the idea intrigues me, it would be quite fun, but ultimately, I would choose the side of good. Naturally, I don't care what people think about me, and I would still get picked on if I hadn't advanced in power. I can pursue basically any career I want to, so class may be hard to determine. You guys are very smart though, so I figure you'll be able to analyze what I do not.

What race and class would you consider me to be?

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Race: Beholder j/k seriusly: human or gnome

stats: (remember: 9-12 are average stats)

9 (allergies: not "constitutional")

alignment: Lawfull Neutral/Chaotic Neutral. You sound a bit like Anomen... (or a slightly bit saner version of Jan Jansen)

3. Maettt Flaqq Gems: 2/31

Also, I have a code of honor, which I refuse to break. I have shining eyes, and a passionate soul. I may commit crimes and do wrong, but in the end, I have a good heart.

Ah, so I'd have a low-ish con, with a few resistances?

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Dwarven Fighter, LG in alignment.

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Bit of a contradiction there. Having a code of honor, would make you Lawful. Breaking laws, but having a good heart, would make you Neutral or Chaotic Good.

6. Maettt Flaqq Gems: 2/31

I suppose I wasn't specific enough... Code of honor as in, I won't strike them while they're down; disregard for laws as in, I will cast magic where I damn well want to...

7. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Chaotic Good then. You believe in the concept of all that is good, but are a bit rebellious and have little use for laws. Maybe CN with good tendancies (but that is a lame caveat).

Race:
    Probably Human - it is you afterall.

Class:
    Not educated - so I would rule out Mage
    Not good in crowds - so I would rule out Bard
    No strong religeous beliefs (from what you've said) - so I would rule out Cleric
    Maybe a rogue would suit better. Good reflexes and intelligence - these suit a rogue perfectly.

8. Vandred Gems: 2/31

Id go with Human (obvious reason being you are)
    Chaotic good
    Dont mix too well with crouds and a bit wise, good reflexes and intelligence, id say ranger.
    For stats... I cant think that far, too tired :p

9. Belgarth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I agree, you would probly make a good ranger.
    Human
    Chaotic Good
    Probely an archer
    15 str
    14 dex
    12 con
    16 int
    15 wis
    9 cha

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Two polls Chev posted a while back to calculate what you 'real' stats are. May or may not be accurate.

Number One

Number Two

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

im a neutral neutral human monk, heh. odd, i thought id be classed as a chaotic neutral mage or something haha. in the other i got 11 11 10 13 13 11

odd, i thought i'd get a higher cha and con at a lower str penalty :/

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

13. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

According to the test; I am a Neutral Evil Dwarven Barbarian, with the following stats:

Str:15
    Dex:14
    Con:13
    Int(pt1/pt2):13/11
    Int:12
    Wis:11
    Cha:10

or:

pretty cool

14. Vandred Gems: 2/31

Apparently im a laful good human bard with these stats: STR 10
    DEX 14
    CON 12
    INT 13
    WIS 11
    CHA 13
    Cool, might make that charcter.

15. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i was a human berzerker/cleric, cant remember stats, but if i were you i'd take a human fighter, maybe vanilla

16. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I'm a level 3 chaotic good human bard with stats:
    str: 11
    dex: 12
    con: 12
    int: 18
    wis: 12
    cha: 12

17. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well those were all useless, i come out as a gnome beserker or some such rubbish. I'd be a mage and proud of it.
    Str 8,
    Dex 13,
    Con 8,
    Int 18,
    wis 16,
    cha 14

18. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I am a true neutral Dwarf sorcerer; for some reason the first-posted stats test doesn't work, so from Jaguar's second link my stats are:
    Str: 10
    Dex: 10
    Con: 12
    Int: 15
    Wis: 13
    Cha: 10

I'd make this character, but IIRC in BG2 Dwarves can't be sorcerers. Rats. Terrible powergaming stats, but doesn't matter much to a sorcerer :p

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I took loerand's link which is more accurate imo and ended up with these stats:

str 9
    dex 12
    con 11
    int 16
    wis 12
    cha 13

dammit, does having a hard time benching 90lbs make me the weakes person on this message board? i only weigh like 112lbs haha

edit: except for chiz, well met. hehe. there should have been a test to gauge intelligence. can anyone hook me up with a link to a short iq test?

20. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That sure was a "good" idea to start with...
    I always thought that RPG were about becoming someone else???

Anyway I'd like to remind you that INT 12-13 is very intelligent, 14-16 is highly intelligent and 17-18 is qualified in the PHB as "genius"... ;)

I'm not grumpy: I just started a wild mage with INT 12 and he is doing just fine! -potions help a lot- :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.