1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which mod would you like to see reviewed?

Discussion in 'Mod Reviews' started by Taluntain, May 5, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I've edited the question out of your post that you've since placed in the proper forum (if you read the description of this forum, you'll see that this one wasn't it).

As for your remaining question, no, you saw right, there's no review of TDD here. And there are several possible reasons for that. One is that the general public consensus is that the mod is bad. It was one of the first bigger ones, and it shows. This already severely limits the number of people who want to install and play it. The other possible reason is that we've been short on mod reviewers for some time. So if you want to review it, you're more than welcome. Just check the stickies in this forum.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Oh, and more NWN modules, please. :p

Edit: I know there's a large number of those, but what about NWVault's Hall of Fame for a beginning?

[ December 10, 2005, 16:09: Message edited by: chevalier ]

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Everyone wants reviews, no one wants to write them. Prospect looks bleak.

4. Decado Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The TC "Return to Trademeet".

thanks

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Saerileth or the Yasreena (kill me if I spelt wrong :p ) mod from the same author make a nice impression. You know I'm a vanilla game fan but I think people will like those.

What about some NWN Persistent Worlds rather than modules, however?

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Actually, Saerileth is SuperNovice's next planned review...

7. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I would gladly read a review of Improved Anvil for BG2 mod. It's a new one, with bigger content than Weimer's Item Upgrade (more upgraded items, and uses newer weidu technology and thus better compatibility with other mods), actually supposed to replace IU. (And thus not compatible with it.). I thought this info might be handy before anyone would download it to play and review it because the mod has no own website.

8. oddbean

oddbean Fear Me

I would like to see a review of the newly released BG1 Unfinished Business v1.

9. maipai Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Perhaps I'm the only one, but I wouldl like to see a Minsc romance. He's awesome!

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Keto. Everyone keeps raving about her, I'd like to see a detailed review.

11. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

The Redemption: The Longer Road mod. It's great. I beta-tested it two years ago and it was great satisfaction as dorotea put a lot of work in it. I might consider playing it again, but I have to put the game back from the shelves. Maybe even try for review, but nothing is certain. English isn't my first language, so do not expect wonders.

12. Otis Gems: 2/31

What I'd be most interested is information on how to set up the most concurrent mods for all of the Infinity Engine games. How far can you take BG1/BG2 these days (especially now that EasyTutu is out)? What about IWD?

Are there even any IWD2 mods?

[ January 30, 2007, 04:59: Message edited by: Otis ]

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yes, there are a few:
    Ease-of-Use
    Bonus Merchant
    Undead Targos
    New Starting Parties
    Cleric Domains
    Subraces

I also recall one still in development to allow specific joinable NPCs with banter.

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Tal Rasha also created a Tactics-like mod for IWD2, which enhances the battles and enemy AI. See it in IWD2 forums.

I would also like to see a full-detailed rewiev of Improved Anvil as well. I can not try it now as it is not compatible with Item upgrade and some components of Tactics mod. I need to uninstall these first, but they are my very first mods, I have more than 40, so I will have to uninstall ALL of them and then re-install them if I want to try Imp. Anvil. (needless to say I have no desire to do it, it will take a half-day, and I do not know if it will cause bugs or not)

I wonder if it is superior to Item Upgrade or Tactics, and in what aspects? Can somebody do it? Please!

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I intend to complete the game I'm going through (romancing Fade) and then redoing which mods to have installed. I would be willing to do a review of Improved Anvil at that point. OTOH, I'm possibly not the best person to test it as I haven't installed either Item Upgrade (over-powered items) or Tactics (I want a role-playing game without having to use metagaming).

16. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Hmm. I would prefer a tactics-item upgrade player to review IA to see the differences too. But I guess it is hard to find such a person. If you think you can survive its advanced battles (which Sikret boldly states that they are even harder than tactics one. uh-oh!) go for it pal! I will gladly read your review!

17. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'll be starting a new game of TOB with the anvil mod. However, since it has been about 2 yrs since I last played with tactics + ascension, dont expect a subjective comparison.

18. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Posted a mini review of IA. Its in the TOB thread, under Improved Anvil Adventure. Just look at the last post if you want to avoid spoilers

19. Old Raven Gems: 2/31

Keto and Kido (both are Bg2 NPCs).

20. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Kido is fun(some very Eeeeevil dialogue), Keto is very good(including Kelsey-quality voicing), but currently SoA-only. Take Anomen and especially Yoshimo with you, if you want to have her.

I'd like to know about Darkness over Daggerford(NWN1), especially about dialogue. Some say it is good and awesome, some insist that the dialogue is abysmal. Is it worth playing at least once, or is it that bad?

(And, naturally, I'd like to see a Xan BG2 NPC review and a BG1 NPC Project review, but I *am* biased.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.