1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Nationality Would You Like To Be If You Had To Swap?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

2. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Irish, not a doubt in my mind.

3. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Oi, i don't slander England (even tho it'd be damn easy) so lets not insult my country, mmmkay? If i HAD to choose, i'd take South African.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ahh, c'mon. There's some good people up there, and a few nice areas sure (Edinburgh is quite nice), but the place is a dive on the whole, you can't deny it Dal :lol: . There's a few shítehouse places in England defo, but Scotland needs some serious money spending on it!

South Africa isn't a very nice place to live, either. Why do you think most of them are over here :lol: . I mean Cape Town is like.. just dangerous!

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I like being Québécois (I.E. French-Canadian), I really do. But if I had to choose either Irish, because the accent is marvelous, or German, mainly because I like the sound of german (even though my german's horrible) I wouldn't mind being Norvegian too. Jeg er ein elk! :lol:

6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Ofe, you're a deer?

Canadian, Estonian or British. Don't ask why.

7. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Pfft, i know more crappy places in England than i do in Scotland...

I know a few South Africans, and spent a month in the country, and loved it.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Gaelic Scottish, Catholic, Gaelic as first tongue, some Jacobite history. Yes, I actually believe the Stuarts to be the legitimate dynasty.

French, Catholic, counter-revolutionary background. However, living in modern day France would be extremely difficult for me.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My first choice would be to become a New Zealander, my second Irish, and third British.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    It's just that's the only "sentence" I know in norvegian.

11. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Canadian, Irish or a Kiwi.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hmm...

English :)

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hmm, I'm not sure. I'm leaving for Spain after Jan 1. to study for at least 6months, so after then I may be able to say with certainty whether or not I'd like to be spanish :D

Off the top of my head right now, probably Brazillian though. Never been there though :/

14. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hmm I'd like to be at least half Japanese, so maybe a Eurasian? :D

15. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

polls in the last year show that New Zealand has the highest single female:male ratio, and that New Zealand-ish women statistically have more sexual partners than women in any other country. Not too sure if I'd be able to put up with their cricket team or their pronunciation of 'graph' though.
    German would be pretty cool (although I'm already 1/2 German, but from about 4 generations back), but I'm not sure my 12/20 for German in yr 12 (and a 6/40 for a vocabulary test) would help me too much in the language department.
    The Scandinavian countries always seem pretty appealing, but again I'm not too sure how i'd go at trying out a new language.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Based on the last post, I change my vote to New Zealand. Go... rugby! and lots and lots of grassland! ;)

Harbourboy likes this.
  17. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Norwegian or Swedish. Canadian would be nice, too.

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    My first choice would be somewhere from the former British Empire - England, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Canada...). But there's something inherently cool about the Swiss - money and chocolate, sounds like paradise to me! And for sheer badassery, I'd have to say Israeli.

19. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

After 6+ years living in Éire I'd say I'm already 20% Irish, so...

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] In order of preference:
    1. Canadian - for general chilled-out-ness[*]Kiwi - Pro: Lord of the Rings, awesome scenery. Con: earthquakes, too many sheep.[*]German - because I speak the lingo (vaguely) and get mistaken for a German all the time anyway.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.