1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I couldn't concentrate over the weekend, didn't get anything done, I have a paper due on wednesday and a math exam on wednesday.

Dammit~

Oh, also I'm totally emo these days

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I don't know why I'm drowsy most of the time today...

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Glad you had a nice vacation Rev. A bit of vacation always seems to relax the mind for a while after. I'm sure it did you good, friend :) .

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My thumbnail is gonna fall off soon, I just know it, I just hope it doesn't result in too much pain/discomfort/inconvenience, I'd hate to not be able to play my Playstation due to discomfort or pain :eek:

I think the new girl at work may be hitting on me lately :hmm:

Frickin doctors! Had a blood test done about 2 weeks ago, general STD screen, was told the results would all be back within 1 week so I went to my GP a week and a half later to get the results, the idiot hadn't phoned for the results but he said that if I rang them a week later he'd have the results for me. I rang yesterday and bingo, no frickin results yet, so I rang today and was told my doctor would ring me back, still nothing though. :flaming:

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, got fired from my job today.

Care to take a guess why? You'll never see that one coming, trust me -- disrespect.

My former boss is an A-hole who kept pissing me off for no reason and kept criticizing my work. I got fed up, busted a fuse, you know the rest.

*shrugs* Time to look for a new one, I guess.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That sounds a bit rough, Disciple.

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Morning :wave:

Unlucky DotW, ye've now joined me in the ranks of the not working :grin:

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Sorry to hear that, DotW, but it sounds like you and your ex-boss will both be happier without each other. :)

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Got me training for my possibly new job this morning! Yea!

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I intended to get up earlier than normal, but I lounged in bed instead.

12. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

That sucks DoTW, and I am so shocked that you would have an attitiude, yoiu seem like such a calm person.

Just thougth I would drop a note to let everyone know that I am still alive and kicking, even if I haven't been around much. ( I still do some lurking )

Hope everyone is doing OK, me and my family are doing allright.

Hey DS, you get fired too? Or did you just retire early?

13. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just dropping by~ haven't been here in a while haha..
    Hello peeps~!

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

DoTW, oh well, life's too short to keep working for a boss who irritates you so much.

Back at work. There are two post office carrier bins full of mail awaiting my perusal. There were only about 60 or so emails, though, since I had let people know I'd be gone and had managed to get out of a lot of the automated emails I'm usually signed up for. Now to decide which ones to resubscribe to.

Ah, back to work. It was worth it to be away from this place for two weeks, though.

Babble on without me, children, if I don't get back on for a couple of days!

15. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    It's not going to be horrible pain, just keep some tight plaster on it and try not to touch it. Once the nail comes out, the pain goes off (yup, had the same problem twice).

Prison Break's new season wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it still seems to have *some* story left and doesn't feel like it's (only) continued because somebody gets money from it.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    :lol: :shake: :grin:
    That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!! DotW...calm?!?! Ha! You haven't read any of his school posts have you? :p

Seriously though...losing a job always sucks. I've only been laid off once...and it sucked. I knew there was more to the story than the reason my "boss" gave me...and I was so pissed that I was about the slash some tires, but my common sense came back right before I pulled out my knife. :bad: :rolling:

17. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Southern California is burning down. Fortunately none of the fires are near where I live. I feel sorry for those who have lost their homes. The authorities think one of the fires was started by an arsonist. If they catch him they should burn him at the stake and see how he likes it.

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Brall No I wasn't sacked, my position became redundant, so I was paid to leave. :) Nice to hear ypu and the family is good.

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, there's an acrid stench in the air and fine ash on the ground where I live.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I know my brother in Corona is safe from the fires...for now...but I haven't heard from my oldest brother who lives in Murrieta. I should probably call him to see what's going on.

I blame Al Gore and his global warming for the fires. :p :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.