1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Facebook

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blog, May 11, 2007.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just wondering if anyone here has an account on this friend-networking site? If you haven't heard of it from a friend yet, you may have seen it on the news recently. I recall it being mentioned on TV during an internet safety story, the Virginia tech incident, some teens getting in trouble for bad-mouthing their teacher on there, and on sports opinion columns. So I reckon it is fairly popular.

We could get a Sorcerer's Place group started on there haha :shake:

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Is that the same as Faceparty? My brother is always sending me invites to those things, I think I've joined them all!

3. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I got an invitation, but I generally don't bother joining things like that because I never keep track of it anyway.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm on facebook :wave:

Got a few friends from school listed and have also founded a group called Church of Tea for the hell of it. Boredom does weird things :p

I joined because it's my last year in school and I'd love to hear from people I might not necessarily be close friends with to see how they do.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Never heard of it and I don't really see the point, I'm in touch with every friend so what's the point?

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Employers check those sites so I stay as far away from them as possible.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I joined just to look at some picture my mate had loaded up onto his. Since then I've had loads of people add me, some of them are really random! Never even heard of half of them. I end up having to go through rejecting loads of friend requests. I have nothing on mine, I don't use it... if you search for Phil Aldred though you'll probably see my Facebook (for what it's worth).

8. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

a norwegian friend of mine introduced me to it, i hardly use it, but i does have a picture of it. so if any of you want to see a 2year old picture of me, when i was bald and in norway, then search for Jonas Ryborg there.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I decided I didn't like facebook enough to keep one, primarily because everyone 'round here prefers myspace... which I do like better anyway.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm far too lazy to ever bother going onto those sorts of sites.

11. teekc Gems: 23/31

ahhhh..... me heard of facebook, very good stuff, use it to check out hot chicks of me class, good stuff indeed.

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I'm on facebook... we should start a sorcerer's group :)

And since I'm not looking for a job, I don't care what I put up there.

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm on there too. PM me if you want to add me.

I like the idea of the SP group...

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We already have a SP member photos group on MSN, and even that will be migrating relatively soon...

15. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm there, I use it to keep touch with quite a few old classmates.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My brother got me to join but I havent really put anything in it yet. I have noticed a ton of my friends have joined too though.

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I've noticed that a lot of my contacts from MSN and Hotmail are on there, but ho many do I want to actually commect with?

18. Blog Gems: 23/31

It's interesting to see who is doing what (after having graduated for some years now), but other than that, I don't do much else on that site. So I just use it to see what other people are up to, and I hardly update much about myself on there. For closer friends, I'd rather talk elsewhere, and for not-so-close friends, conversations die after exchanging a few messages. But yeah, I was influenced by several friends to join too, which is usually how these trends start.

I'm careful enough to avoid putting bad things (ie: embarrassing drunken pics :D ) on there, in case important people do check those sites.

19. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I joined but lots of my friends from school/work are on there as well.

20. Errol Gems: 23/31

I'm on there, mainly to keep in touch with schoolfriends form years ago. Met my girlfriend via Facebook :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.