1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Intelligent

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Shapeshifter, Jan 6, 2001.

1. Shapeshifter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there any item that would increase my intelligence permanently by +1?
    I have 18 int, but i always need to dring those worthless potions to copy extra spells into my book.

Shapes

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Unfortuantely no.
    They took out the Tomes of Stat Increase from BG1

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh! I'd say those potions aren't so worthless if you're using them all the time! :)

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yepp! Potions are especially useful to dope Aerie, enabling her to learn spells.

The BG-1 tomes were really quite nice features: You could get +1 for every stat except wisdom and +2 for wisdom. Good old days.

5. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, I have never played as a mage but the NPC mages with an INT of 17 never seem to fail, so at 18 you have little problem.

6. Sorl Guest

Does anybody know if increased int does any good if your're allready at 18 (e.g: lower chance of failure???)

7. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

...yes indeed! The chance of failure drops from 15% to 5% plus there's no more limit on the max spells writable (is 18 with INT 18). Whether the P&P-INT19-Immunity against 1st level Illusions is implemented I don't know. Don't have such brainers in my party.

8. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31

I played a Sorceror with 19 in INT, and I never noticed she can see 1st level Illusions. Well, There are only 3 spells in the Illusion School at the 1st level. And usually, they are not used a lot by monsters.

9. Shapeshifter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thx guys, still a pity, only 156 spells max
    for a clvl 17 char.
    hopefully the addon (if there's gonna be one) will put in those tomes or whatever.

shapes

10. Lukki Gems: 5/31

Veteran

You don't get failure in normal or novice mode.

I always play novice because my team dies in normal.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.