1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who Has Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by revmaf, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    No tattoos for me. I just can't see myself with one; they aren't my style.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    None as of right now, but I'll eventually have my entire back covered with one massive tatoo. :bigeyes: I'm sure I've posed the pictures of what it will look like once it's all done. Going to take at least 4 or more sessions and several hundred dollars to complete.

I'm also thinking of getting a small one (about the size of a dollar bill) on my right calf. :D :rolling:

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

One tatoo
    I plan to get at least 2 more

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Get a tattoo and mar my lovely skin? I think not! ;)

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Yes I'm an illustrated man. The oldest is on my right forearm and will be 30 in august, it is a dagger and scroll with my name in. It is surrounded by goblins, orcs, trolls which make up what looks a bracer on the forearm, with the 'laces' on the inside. On my left shoulder I have a raven, and my right has a wolf, they are my totem spirits. My left knee has a celtic knot design round the cap which hides most of the surgical scars. Running from the neck down my left arm is a 'tribal' similar to the Maori designs. That's all for now :)

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I got a phoenix when I divorced -- I know it's not very original, but seem quite appropriate at the time. Since it's on my shoulder blade, I rarely notice it.

(With my avatar I'd better have at least one tattoo...).

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Since I started the discussion I suppose I should add I don't have any and don't expect to get any - at least not voluntarily.

On the other hand, I have a sister with mandatory tattoos showing where she received radiation treatment for breast cancer. That might happen to me, too.

I've seen some amazing art on peoples' bodies. But I keep thinking, if I had gotten a tattoo in my 20's, I'm pretty sure I'd hate it now.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ofelix reminded me of Wino Forever. ;)

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I have one tattoo. Shock horror, a girl with a tattoo! :lol:

It's This picture of Brandon Lee in The Crow. Actually it's not the whole picture, just sort of his head and hands, but that's the poster it was taken from. On my upper left arm, and I got it when I was 17

10. Kitrax

Media:
    I'd like to see that. Sounds like it looks pretty cool. :thumb: :rolling:

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't have any tattoos, fear of needles and pretty low pain tolerance :p

I'd love to get a couple of tattoos when I'm older, once I get over the barrier of first one several more will follow ;)

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When I was 11, my mother tattood a little boy on my chest ripping out an angels spine.

Oh wait! That's a lie...

I don't have any tattoos and don't intend to ever get any.

13. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I have Yosamite Sam on my left shoulder and a Greatful Dead skull on my right shoulder. More to come.

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    None, maybe getting one if I have to help my brother out of the prison.
    I'll change my name to Scofield as well, if that happens.

15. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm both pierced and tattood. I think it really matters as to what you get done. My tattoos are all linked to my heritage. The nipple piercings are just to get chicks to play with my nipples.

16. Kitrax

Media:
    Well.....at least you're honest. I guess that's good. :rolleyes:

My wife wants me to get her a tatoo, but the one she wants looks ugly to me. If I'm going to pay for it, and see it every day, shouldn't I have a say? :rolling:

17. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I have none. The main reason is that for some reason I tend to get homicidal at the sight of a needle. Any needle except sewing!

18. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I don't have any and don't have any intention of having a permanent one either. But temporary henna tattoos might be considered.

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

That dot on the forehead in India is temporary, isn't it? Just wondering.

20. Angulimala Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have two religious tattoos on my left inner forearm. No regrets. I wanted the tattoos for nine years before I got them two years ago. I plan on getting some more when I have some "extra" money.

My advice to those getting some tattoos: Decide what you want, then wait at least a year. If you still want it in a year, then.......... it's up to you.

Tattoos may become addicting! Just writing about this stuff makes me want to get more first thing tomorrow!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.