1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #89

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Easter break is a good thing. Thursday morning and enjoying it with a good coffee oh yes.

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ofelix, congrats. Painfully doing math in head, me decides rogue stone almost certainly not in my future.

Stefanina, I read about that officer's death. Idiot, idiots,idiots! "Celebration" does not have to include driving drunk. Directing traffic, or anything that takes you on foot out into the street, is horribly dangerous for police officers. At least two of the people I worked with when I was a police officer died after being struck while directing traffic.

Ugh, unpleasant. How about this: it was 82 here Tuesday, it should be 58 today, and the low Easter morning (my church has a sunrise service, usually outside) is supposed to be in the low 20's.

The flowers were pretty while they lasted. But now we're moving to Icewind Dale, it looks like - at least for a while.

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I've been on break for a week now. :p

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This is just sad but we got a light dusting of snow this morning and my train was late as a result. One of my colleagues' streetcar ride to work took twice as long as usual too. You would almost think that we were living in the tropics given how messed up the traffic and transit got due to less than a cm of snow. I can practically hear the snickers from the Montrealers.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I hear the mice again. :mommy:

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ kuemper - forget all of the politically correct solutions and go buy a box of warfarin. The mice will be dead in no time.

7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Ah, but where will the little rodents leave their corpses? :bad:

In other news, my socks are more comfortable when worn inside out. :D

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

In my experience they usually leave their corpses right next to the plate of warfarin. By the time the stupid things have finished pigging out on the stuff it has already nearly finished killing them.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I have to do something drastic - poison - because my closet walls are their bathroom. It's like they have a friggin' vendetta for me. No one else sees or hears them, which makes me feel like a total looney toon.

10. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

That reminds me of 'Caddyshack', kuemper. Whatever you do, don't use dynamite. :D

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I have no problem with live mice, they're sweet. However, dead ones are a completely different matter. Does that make me insane? I like live mice but hate dead ones :eek:

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My tomcat agrees, mice are sweet.

"Warfarin", I love that name, like 'warefarin' or 'warfare-ing'.

In Germany a similar product was marketed by the colourful name 'Styx Rat's Death', and there was an ad of a beaming lad holding five dead reats by the tail. Yes, it's that good. Or it was. For some odd reason it was banned.

I also like that exterminator service named 'Rattex'.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Nothing wrong with that Shelly, people normally like living thing rather than dead one. Unless the animal is on a plate, then the opposite is true.

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thank god I finally got that sesame street song out of my head.

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Oh, you mean this one?

/me hums Sesame Street song to D-fly. :evil:

16. Ofelix

Media:
    The devil hath speaketh! Run!

17. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Today I breakfasted on Kebab. At 4. Pm. Ugh!

18. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I have an infection underneath one of my molars. It makes me very sad :( .

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Don't even start about teeth...

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Just do what Tom Hanks did in 'Castaway' and use a rock and the blade of an ice skate. You'll be good as new once you wake back up. :p :rolleyes:

In other news...

Meh...there is no other news. :skeptic: :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.