1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Demogorgon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ghengis Khan, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Ghengis Khan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Another question.
    Has anyone managed to defeat all five demon knights after you give an animal sacrifice to demogorygon (near the exit from the underdark). If you did, how?
    how

2. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I highly recommend doing a search on this subject, you'll get about 100 different solutions for it.

Just look to the upper right hand corner of this screen. Its that little tiny link just under the "post reply" button, there ya go.

Personally my favorite way to kill them was to have a monk beat them all into pudding. But that's just me.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I did, with ease, even with a 4 car party. Actualy it isn't that difficult when handled carefully. Protections and supportive magic are a MUST in this fight though. As the statue description indicates the sacrifice is for a demon so it is easy to conclude that there could be evil involved in the fight ...

So I always casted protection from evil, protection from fear, haste, defensive harmony and bless on my party. Protection from level drain is cheating :p since you don't know what to expect ;)
    If possible cast improved haste on an archer and keep him or her ready to fire, gurading (lowest possible initiative). You can also use traps, glyphes of warding, skulltraps to secure your parties position from one side - everyone attacking you from this side will have to pass them first - giving you time to react - when they survive that.
    I usually try to stay near the entrance ;) - that way you can isolate the enemies and fight them one by one ... not a bad idea considering the punch of a demon knight. However, I also maganed to fight them inside without too many problems - depends on how patient I am that day.

I admit I got beat up badly the first time, even loosing party members. When using a little tactic and the protective/ supportive spells I had no serious problems anymore.

Using the search engine will certainly give you a number of other topics with tactics how to handle them.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited March 14, 2002).]

4. C'Jakob Guest

Becoming the Slayer should make short work of them. Of course, that's assuming you're willing to do it . . .

5. Shamroc Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

BTW I believe that this is a ToB posting. I do not believe you see that two-faced baboon smellin' demon in SoA. . . . or I'm a monkey's err baboon's uncle (sorry for the bad pun, could not help it :lol: )

[This message has been edited by Shamroc (edited March 17, 2002).]

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I believe in that case you are a 'baboon's uncle' Shamroc :p ;)

In teh underdark, in the Kuo-Toa dungeon, there is a statue of Demogorgon to which you must sacrfice something and you will have to fight 5 demonknights.

7. cirian16 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The Slayer isen't really the best way to go you usually start losing control before you kill all 5...and against two of them alone they put up a good fight.....I like summoning a few Elementals to keep them busy and pound on them with a few buffed fighters skull traps and other things like that are always helpful too.

8. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Best tip to beat the demon knights is to try the spell Mordenkainen's Sword...;)

9. Lord Sarevok Guest

Very easy for my solo Assassin/Mage with the aid of time stop, just make sure you only draw one or two out at a time, or it'll be a real hard fight.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited March 17, 2002).]

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I found chaotic commands and resist fear quite useful. First time, I had Minsc with Lilarcor and Keldorn with his Holy Avenger cleaving my party while I fought 5 demonknights....Bad Karma!

Took them out one by one the second time, with quite some support of defensive magic.

11. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

[​IMG] O! Great khan! What class are you? A fighter I imagine, as you led armies across Central Asia...

I did not find this hard. A weeny paladin like me went inside with Minsc, Anomen, and Jaheira, and we easily defeated them. I naturally got the most kills, of course. Anyway, what level are you? This battle should not have been specifically tough, though not to put you down. (I actually lost in those solo mage fights in the tavern in Ust Natha.) I just hit those Demon Knights with fighters and whacked them to death - without using magic. Well, except for that occassional protection from fear.

12. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] You waste a Time Stop scroll for this? Hmmm...

Anyway, you can solo this encounter, while staying within the SoA xp-cap, with any character. Of course allowing yourself to use the items that are in the game helps alot even if many of them leave a heavy odour of ripe cheese. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.