1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What did you *get* and what did you *give* for Xmas?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, start the tallying... :p

What did you get for Xmas this year? And to keep that greedy side of you firmly in check, what did you give this year?

Seeing as how it's before 3am right now, I have only opened two presents so far. But I can list what I gave this year.

What I got: (so far)
    Jessica (my wife): Braun 360 Complete electric shaver - I told you Jessica always gives my kick-ass gifts! Even though it was over her personal Xmas budget for me, she still got me exactly what I wanted! :D The DVD, 'Click', Best Buy gift card, 2 new shirts that I *will* wear, several bags og my several favorite candiand'es.

Mom and Dad: 2 shirts I wouldn't wish on my enimies...I might wear them on 'laundry day'...but that's about it. :nolike: They also got me a jacket with the logo of a band I don't even like. :skeptic:

Cool brother and sis-in-law: A back massageer with heat...it just might be the cure for my bad back. :thumb:

Mother-in-law: She's in major debit, so she cross-stiched us a "welcome" picture...which I guess she wants us to replace our really awesome "welcome" picture we got in Hawaii... :skeptic:

Co-worker (my secret santa): A $20 gift card to Office Depot.

That's it so far...should be all of it too...

What I gave:
    Jessica: Bottle of her favorite perfume, a blanket, several items from Victoria's Secret, a gift box set containing Absolute Mandarin Vodka along with 2 glasses, a gift card to her favorite clothing store at the mall, and several bags of her many favorite types of candy.

Parents: I heard my mom saying that she wished my dad would take her out on dates more, so I got them a gift card to the local theaters (good for 4 tickets), a gift card to their favorite Authentic Japanese restaurant, and a "sex after 60" book...but I taped over the "60" and put "90". (My parents are in their mid 60's, but they love a joke.) :p

Cool brother and sister-in-law: $50 to Circuit City and a *huge* bottle of top-shelf rum. :yum:

Co-worker who's name I drew for the 'secret Santa' thingy: A $15 iTunes card, box of See's Candies, and a candle from Bath and Body Works.

Everyone else: a box of See's Candies, and a CD of all of our Wedding, Bridals, Engagements, and some of our Honeymoon pictures.

I'll add to my list of "what I got" once everyone else wakes up and the gift exchange beings. :thumb:
    So...how did you do this year? :rolling:

[ December 27, 2006, 14:15: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

2. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

What I got:
    A Spiffy cell(LG 535) to replace my old clunker.

An equally spiffy laptop briefcase for those long hauls to Uni.

A Wizcom Quicklink-Pen Elite scanner. This gift, although thoughtful as I do a lot of research, turned out unfortunately problematic. One, it has no 64bit drivers available so it wouldn't run on my main WinXP 64 computer. Two, it was only about 80% accurate (touch and go) and had a hard time scanning names and punctuation (brackets for instance). Three, at the speed in which you had to scan with it (and the fact that id have to watch for mistakes), i could write much faster. Thus, although it was a geeks dream (loaded with features), it wasn't that practical which was a bummer.

Gift Certificates for various restaurants.

What I gave:
    Parents: got my old man the original Battlestar Gallactica box set, and A Flock of Seagulls (not to be listened to at home...). Got my mother a pass for a day at the spa and some trinkets.

Brother: A blender. He needed one. Blenders rule.

G\f: Donkey Kong Land 1-3 for Gameboy. Yes, she has an obsession.

Friends: gift certificates (yup, like money, but with restrictions and expiration dates :) )

3. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have only opened my Sister and my Mom's presents so far...

My Sister got me two dangly charms set with Rhinestones for my cell phone one says Red the other says Fox.. My nickname :)

My Mom made me a tiger print pillow.

I got my Mom and Sis crystal nicknacks with a light stand you set underneath that changes the colour of the crystal, one with a pixie etched inside the other with a butterfly. My son I bought the coolest toy I can't wait to play with, it is called an N.S.E.C.T that cost me $100!! It is basically a huge remote controlled robot spider that shoots missles. My daughter I bought Heely's, running shoes with roller skate wheels in the heels. My oldest son I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse, and I bought my boyfriend $100 gift certificate to Tom Lee.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What I Got:
    Cheese
    Cheese slicer
    Clothes
    a penguin

What I Gave:
    My winning personality

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I got nothing and gave nothing. :)

Okay, I did get some money, but that was mainly because I have to prepare for a job-interview next week (arranged at the other side of the country).

6. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I gave:
    -A Samsung D500 mobile phone
    -Roots DVD boxset
    -A carp fishing rod
    -Clothes
    -Chocolates

I got:
    -A new computer :D
    -Battlefield 2142
    -Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
    -Lost Series 2 boxset
    -Little Britain series 3
    -Green Wing series 2
    -Aftershave
    -Peter Kay's autobiography
    -Warhammer 40k 4th edition rulebook
    -Clothes
    -Lots of cash :D

Overall a pretty good investment I think. ;) But I'm only a baby so I'm supposed to be spoilt. :p

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Gave:
    Mum: Some nice soaps
    Sister 1: Mini body wash things (she likes the hotel sized bottles, so I get her 3 of them)
    Sister 2: Space Balls (one of her favorite movies)
    Dad: Michael Crichton's new Book
    Grandpa: CD of christmas songs from his favorite artists

Got:
    80GB iPod (because my 30GB is more than full) with my initials on the back
    Some books and CDs
    Some Pokemon games ( :D I love these things)
    Neverwinter Nights 2 (Not too keen on this... it sounds like crap from what I've heard. Maybe in a year when everything is fixed...)
    Final Fantasy XII (Not sure how good this will be... I've gotten mixed reviews).

[ December 25, 2006, 23:21: Message edited by: Saber ]

8. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

[Deleted]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I gave:
    Mom:
    -Eric Clapton's new CD
    -Hug
    Dad:
    -All basic kitchen stuff
    Brother:
    -Family Guy season 2 DVD
    -James Bond cards
    I'm the one doing everything in this family (cooking, fixing stuff, taking the trash out, cleaning), so I'm not really *expected* to give any presents.

Got:
    -The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess :bigeyes:
    -A Radio control Donkey Kong -Mario Kart Car :p
    -Coctail glass(x2) (from mom after she discovered I can make Cosmopolitans)
    -Years subscription for 'Pelit lehti' (games magazine)
    -Candy
    -Money
    -Money
    -Umm... did I already mention money?
    -I wanted to look popular so I bought myself 'some' DVDs and games

10. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I did presents with my girlfriend and her parents and got spoiled again.

I got:

- NWN 2 :D
    - Discovery Channel Meerkat Manor 1 DVD
    - Pulp Fiction DVD
    - Chromatic tuner for my trumpet
    - Music sheetholder
    - Pyjamas
    - Star Wars book
    - Complete guide to Kingdom Hearts 2
    - 3 bars of dark chocolate :D
    - Bathsoap with which you can paint :cool:
    - Santa rubber ducky for in out new bath

I gave:

- A truckload of stuff to my girlfriend for her scrapbooking addiction

- Candy, a listningbook, a reading book to my girlfriends father

- Pillows, towels and other stuff to my girlfriends mother.

We're spoiled again this year! :)

11. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Gave:

A backscratcher
    (together with my sister) a little decorative piece of wood with a glass horse inside
    Lots of chocolate
    Transformers-toys for my little cousin
    Some cd for my another little cousin
    (together with my mother) a camera for my sister

Got:
    Plenty of books
    Dawn of War Anthology
    Pleeeenty of chocolate and some liquorice
    Electric razor, my first one
    Money, lots of it
    Warhammers
    Comics
    Bath robe
    Clothes
    Deodorant
    Nail clipper
    Some sport set of a work out towel, shower gel and another deodorant.

All things considered, veery nice. Already hacking my way trough the Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade (Or rather, as the Tau, shooting my enemies with fusion technology quicker than they can even notice anything) :D

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Got...

In-car DVD Player
    Burberry Aftershave
    Paul Smith Aftershave
    Loads of Thornton's chocolates
    Lambretta Deodorant
    3 Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts
    A pair of Diesel jeans
    G-Star Gloves
    Loads of other sweets and stuff like that.

I think I'm the only one to get cool stuff so far guys! No offence like ;) .

Gave...

Mum - Weekend pass to a beauty parlour place
    Dad - Peter Kay autobiography, Thornton's chocolates and a light for his bike (he asked for it).
    Brother - Call of Duty 3 and Scarface for his PS2
    Sister - A pair of designer jeans and a top.
    Brother-in-law - Pro-Evolution Soccer 6 for his PS2

That's all I bought this year (though I spent enough, let me tell you). It actually works out OK not having a girlfriend around this time of year. I'm seeing a girl at the minute, but it's not serious enough to spend money on each other yet ;) .

13. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I got...wasted. :beer:

Anyway, I got:
    - Cracker season 3 DVD box
    - some CD's still missing from the collection: a bit of Slayer, Ozzy and Metallica
    - chocolates and stuff
    - a sweater
    - an old E. R. Burroughs book

I gave:
    - CD's to the bro
    - candy and choccies to the middle aged people

Each gives according to how much they have. :pope: I'm poor.

All you people got huge boatloads of stuff. :money: Strange.

14. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Well, not that an exciting Cristmas for me, havnt felt festive at all. :(

Gave: Banded together with Sisters to buy Hot air ballooning as a joint Birthday/Christmas present to the parents.
    Also gave my mum some other stuff, my sisters choose it, i just chipped in (meh, i memory sucks, sue me)
    We bought my dad a Creative mp3
    Sister1: A cool top that she asked for
    Sister2: Vouchers to her fav shop
    I gave one of my friends Sea Monkeys, cos its an ongoing joke. And my other friend got some Aveda hair stuff.

Got: A cool Ralph Lauren Polo Jumper
    A watch so i dont have to wear my expensive dive watch everywhere
    Bouyancy Aid for sailing
    Toblerone
    and Boxers
    Still have one present to get but i wont get it till the New year.
    My main present tho is my whole family is going to a cool 5 star hotel for 2 nights over New year, where we get full use of the facilities and stuff like Laser clay pidgeon shooting and whiskey tastings. Also on new year its a ceilidh.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What are G-Star gloves?

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gloves are 5-fingered pieces of cloth or leather to keep your hands warm or safe from harm.
    G-Star is a brand that makes clothes and stuff.
    ;) :p

I got nothing. Just how I like it.
    I gave nothing, either.

I don't like to commercialize virtues (like love on Valentine's Day) or religious feasts (Xmas as greatest example). I simply refuse to express my love for friends and family in gifts and cash on days like that. I will do so at regular days of the year though, when people don't see it coming.

17. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

gave the kids a bunch of stuff, and got a model car.(1965 Pontiac GTO) but I will be getting a new PC come tax return time. All the wife really wanted was for me to finish the living room and dining room up, which I will get to shortly.

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Got so far:

2 bopxes of candy
    Gift Card to EB Games
    Socks
    book of Sudoku Puzzles
    Money
    subscription to The Hockey News

Gave:

A DVD for Dad, my brother and his GF
    Will get a DVD for Mom
    a gift card for Grandma
    Still have to figure out what to get for some people that I don't know when I'm going to see next but know that I had a bad year financially...

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Well, my money situation has been tighter than tight this year, so I only got a present for mom.

gave: makeup case set to mom (she had made a comment earlier this year that she did not have anything to put her makup in, so I searched around and found her a nice one for cheap)

got: a calender and a gas card from Grandma

An electricians tool kit, a digital multimeter (and a pair of alligator clips to use with it), a wirestripper and a jack crimping tool with both RJ-45 and RJ-11 jacks included from my uncle Richard.

Those last gifts completely floored me as I really did not expect to get any gifts other than the ones from Grandma. My uncle & I were talking shop at Thanksgiving, since I'm studying networking, and he runs network cables for new construction for a living. He decided that he would get me the tools of the trade for Christmas. according to mom, he had a blast shopping for me, and amused quite a few store clerks when he told them this stuff was for his niece... :D

20. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

This'll be fun...

Got:
    Athlete's foot :(
    A lot of shirts
    Bathrobe
    Computer microphone
    512MB RAM
    'Build your own skateboard kit'... I hate skateboards and make fun of people who use them; it was a shocker
    A SMALL acoustic guitar... Another shocker considering my musical talents

I Gave:

A bunch of good smelling stuff to my mom
    A large book to my dad
    15 hours or so of music to my brother
    Massager stuff to my sister
    A HUGE chunk of ham to my dog (a small one) :D :D :D

...Wait, I also got the great gift of my computer's power supply going beserk possibly causing (SERIOUS) damage to other parts, so to myself I bought a new power supply.

[ December 26, 2006, 23:02: Message edited by: ChickenIsGood ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.