1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've bumped into a could-have-been I didn't heard from for nearly a year and a half last week.

Now... meeting her again was great, we filled each other with what happened ever since, swapped phone numbers... so far, so good. The reason I didn't heard from her was the fact that she moved to another province, but now is coming back in stinking old Quebec.

Meeting her once again got me to think and dusted off those feelings for her.

However, this dusting off wasn't for the best. Back then, I would have been more than willing to try something with her. But now, looking deep inside myself... I realize time has changed things, and that I have changed as well.

I never had the chance to tell her how I felt, though I suspect she knows it. Maybe this was for the best.

Man, I am SO f****** confused.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's all about finding a girl you can trust. A girl you can trust should take quite a bit of effort to get with. The girls I seem to attract nowhere near fit the bill. I've been with a few lookers lately, I'll be honest, but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could piss. So, no closer to a meaningful relationship! I'm not all that fussed about one yet to be honest, but I don't see where I'm going to be able to find one when I come to the time.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Do you act like you can be trusted? ;)

4. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    OMFG, haven't really posted about the latest endeavour much, but it's all goin' well :D Three dates down, and we're definately both on the same wavelength. Is it sad that this is the furthest I've got in 5 years? :lol:

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    I do actually, it's generally the best way to get somewhere. Women don't like sleezeballs. I get on well with everyone I meet.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nice one, Urithrand. :thumb:

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Oh, I really am a very bad person. I now seem to have two girls chasing after me, and have spent time with both of them. Oh dearie dearie me.

Thankfully, I'm out of town for three months, which should give me time to have a little think, and decide what to do.

EDIT: WHen I said at the top of this page that I'd spent the night flirting with someone else, i didn;t realise how much that someone else liked me. Or that I liked her quite so much either. Sigh. Well, you learn something every day.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's not evil that you're spending time with two girls.

Today, there is some trend in the society to limit you to one person you've exchanged a couple of words with over the span of a couple of minutes. While I'm a big opponent of multiple partnership, that sort of thing is a bad extreme as well.

Basically, so long as you aren't deceiving anyone - verbally or by body language or other aspects of your behaviour - you aren't doing anything wrong. It's not wrong to spend time and have fun with more than one girl, just so long as you don't do any decidedly romantic, milestone, marking gestures such as kissing or romantic hugging, cuddling, the like.

Just spending some time doesn't create any rights, nor does it make you a bad person. ;)

Barmy dear. That is because of the kind of girl you start interacting with, I think. It's not like a good girl can't be pretty - look at some of our SP friends, for example - but so long as you primarily focus on good-looking girls in clubs, your odds for finding a good and decent woman aren't really so high. If you want to find a trustworthy woman, I think you need to look elsewhere than you currently do. Research your friends. Look at the library. Or work. Or some social community... don't know, animal protection, children rights, whatever appeals to you. There you will find girls who appeal to more than just your carnal side, as well as those with some more concrete filling, so to say, who will have some spirit and some backbone.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Cheeeeeeeeeeev,
    Of course there is a grain of truth in that, but it is soooooooo stereotypic. Just don't be too surprised when you meet a trustworthy clubgoing girl. Well, at least where I go clubbing. Which makes me fear, considering my infinitely superior taste, that your concern about Barmy looking in the wrong place is entirely justified :evil:

And Chev, concrete girls are cold and hard to lean on. I wouldn't want any in my bed.

10. chevalier

Media:
    If they exist, introduce me. Especially if they are Catholic, in a good standing with the Church and there's not a single slutty thing about them. :p

Theoretically, it's possible. I might have met a couple, actually. But the general rule is you know what.

Concrete and reasonable doesn't necessarily mean cold. :p I was once in a relationship with a girl who was reasonable but wasn't cold by any means. She just behaved responsibly but she didn't lack the flair.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Concrete girls are an ingredience for a rocky relationship :1eye:

12. chevalier

Media:
    Are you prejudiced against reason? :p

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He's just being punny :)

14. chevalier

Media:
    I just need more coffee. ;)

15. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stay on topic you bozos. :p :D

16. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hahaha :D

17. Daie d'Malkin

Basically, I've accidentally manoeuvred myself into the position where whatever I do, short of stepping away from both girls, makes me a bad guy.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Don't be daft. It takes a hell of a lot more than playing around a little to make someone a bad person.

19. Daie d'Malkin

EDIT: Meh

20. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Why is it i always get stuck as the one repairing relationships instead of forming them for myself?

Its bloody annoying now, and im in the verge of telling people that enough is enough, but at the same time, i have this urge deep inside to help them still, even tho i know its doing nothing for me apart from giving me alot of hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.