1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Not necessarily with the Pill. Women need to take it roughly the same time each day, so if you start taking it at 12 noon, you need to keep taking it at around that time for as long as you are on it.

yes it would be easier to take it in the morning, but maybe a women... will sleep over at her boyfriends house, and need to take her pill.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Which was my original point... :)

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :) Don't usually follow this thread but this caught my attention. There can be different reasons for taking a pill.

I am a wee bit past child-bearing age but I was on a fertility pill for 5 years. It just so happens that this pill was found to aid in preventing breast cancer. Which is the reason I was taking it. As to the time of day to take a pill. Depends on the medication. Morning is most convenient or before going to bed but other factors may enter the picture.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tonight, I had a bit of something with a woman who is engaged to be married and has a child. I work with both her, and her fiance at the same company. It was a works night out so I'm sure someone would have seen us and blabbered to everyone. I get the feeling I'm going to regret that...

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

not to be your mother, but you probably will. not exactly the wisest, and though it takes 2 to tango, most conscientious move :/

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Yeah, Barmy, pull it together...

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    In my book, she's the one who should have stopped it if she wanted to. That she didn't suggests to me she is unhappy with her partner. It takes 2 you know. We've fancied each other for a while to be fair!

8. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Even so, someone who's in a relationship should be considered firmly out-of-bounds, IMO.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Barmy, her fiance deserves better. At any rate, she has to make the choice now, as she can't have both.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    I don't want her, lol. We were just both really drunk. Shouldn't really have happened, oops is all I'll say about it!

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Like I said, it wasn't exactly the most conscientious move, but I agree with you.

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    The girl I want is still playing games with me. Went to a BBQ party yesterday and she was there. She was either allover me, or acting not interested. My mate said "What's going on between you two? She's really hot and cold with you mate". And another girl who only saw this girl allover me said "She obviously fancies the arse off you Phil..." and I was like "You haven't seen the other side!" (this other girl likes me too, I can tell, it was green eyes a bit, but I played it all down a bit - got to leave these doors open!). I don't think I'm doing myself any favours with Lucy going with different girls on work nights out though (Luce wasn't out on Friday, but I'm sure she'd have heard about it). I just find that I can't help myself when I'm drunk, things just happen then I wake up and think "Woops... that so shouldn't have happened". I suppose I should drink less on nights out, it's just a bit difficult.

I'll just go with the flow and see what happens I think, don't want to try and force anything but I do like her. I wonder if I only like her because she's hot and cold and presenting a bit of a challenge. Maybe. She's a really nice girl and very easy to get on with though, so that's probably most of it.

13. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm not really experienced in these things, but I know this situation, Barmy. Just don't get involved. Chances are that she just approaches you when she feels down or something, so that you give her some attention that makes her feel better.

14. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hypothetical question: If one of your friends dated a girl that you have liked for ages (long before they were dating), is it wrong to then date her?

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Unless you believe your friend is the kind to take it very badly, then I'd say it isn't wrong. If they wouldn't take it the right way then it is up to you if you take a risk with the friendship for a chance with the girl. For me it would very much depend on the friend involved if I was to show interest soon.

Though you may wish to avoid seeing each other almost immediately after the friend and the girl broke up- seeing your ex suddenly leap into your friend's arms is rather unlikely to be taken well. In this hypothetical situation, give it a couple of weeks, then make your feelings known. It shouldn't be wrong to date someone merely because your friend did.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No.

It all falls back to the fact that people aren't property.

Of course, there can be some hard feelings, and the possibility of straining the friendship, but I personally see nothing wrong with that.

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    You might get a bit of ribbing from your mates, I know I would "Do you enjoy having my cast-offs mate?? Haha" etc. If you like the girl though, go for it.

18. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Depends really, if your mates knew that you liked her before they were dating then yeah, it's not a problem. If you kept it quiet though, it causes strain between blokes (Even though they'll all say "Nah, bud, I'm fine with it" (or something to that effect))

Keep it careful and play it by ear. Just remember that underneath it all, friendship is worth much more than sex ;)

P.S. Barmy I haven't followed this thread for a while, good to see you're still enjoying yourself mate!

[ May 03, 2007, 10:15: Message edited by: Urithrand ]

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Depends on many circumstances. He doesn't have any property rights. Girlfriend isn't wife, either. So he can't forbid you or anything. On the other hand, it depends if you're merely casting your net somewhere or if you fall in love. If you fall in love, why should those circumstances prevent you? If the girl is just a good catch, but you could find another and you're mostly just seeking, then I guess you can weigh the pros and cons and decide what's better: to date her and take the risks or to let go of it.

Also, remember there's a reason they aren't together. If the reason is that they need some time and space, then it's probably not good for a friend to interfere. But if there's no bond between them but she's just his second last ex or something, then it boils down to his imagination of some kind of property rights. On the other hand, if she hurt him badly, perhaps the loyalty to your friend obliges you to seek a solution... at least make sure there's peace between them, since you shouldn't probably ally yourself with the enemies of your allies.

So, if it doesn't go against your friend himself, like aligning yourself with his enemies, or stealing his temporarily estranged girlfriend, then I don't see a concrete problem with it.

If you want an example, let's take me and my best buddy. If he were to hit on my hypothetical girlfriend (I'm single), I would surely not like that and I would confront him. But an ex... if he meddled with a fresh break-up that happened in unclear circumstances, leaving me with hopes, I would get over it in the end, but I'd rather he didn't. But an old ex? Nope, I'd just warn him if she were a habitual liar or something like that, or simply a poor match for him. In case of a hostile break-up, well, I wouldn't be happy to see her in his house, but that's life. I would be unhappy if he started a romance with a more militant ex spreading some lies about me, stealing my friends, you know, that kind of petty little war. Things would also be different depending on whether he were in love or just fishing. The heart's not a servant, so if I saw him blissfully in love, that would explain a lot of things.

Ah, hypothetical situations. ;)

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

To paraphrase/summarize most of what's been said? Ask your friend if it's okay with him. If he says yes, good. If not, it's your call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.