1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #82

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: I gave my professional opinion on an audit working paper. My boss had a differing opinion and told me to change the opinion on that working paper. I asked her to provide me with a compelling reason as to back her opinion and she was not able to do so. I made the changes that she requested but noted by dissenting opinion and marked the working paper as complete. THE F*CKING B*TCH WENT IN AND, WITHOUT CONSULTING WITH ME, REMOVED MY OPINION BEFORE MARKING THE WORKING PAPER AS APPROVED AND LEFT MY NAME ON AS THE AUTHOR OF THE WORKING PAPER.

As such she has left the file indicating that the conclusion indicated was MY professional opinion. She did not even have the decency to inform me that she was making the change. I have never in all of my years working as a professional seen such blatant disrespect of the professional opinion process. This is complete B.S. :flaming:

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ah, but she is the boss so her opinion takes precedence as she is smarter, has more friends in higher places, and more well paid than you.

Although having said that, she should really have signed the workpaper herself rather than leaving you as the author.

This sort of thing never happened in the good old days of handwritten workpapers.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @JSBB: That is the kind of /#&¤=/#¤ :nolike: that made me leave the "security" :rolleyes: of a large corporation and work freelance.

Managers = :flaming: :grr: :flaming:

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @JSBB: I guess I would report her to the police. That's document forgery and should be a crime in any reasonable jurisdiction.

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A quick message for anyone that still remembers me:

I'm still alive :)

But I finished my education about 18 months ago and the last 15 months have been spent working and not much free time. Hopefully this will change.

Anyway best wishes to you all

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Lovely :(

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

*gets out of the way of the angry polar bear*

OMG, Felinoid is right! He sent me a PM about my avatar and the sword *does* sparkle! Ooooo!

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I called off sick, and it felt great, unfortunately my head still feels like death warmed over.

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Take some aspirin and tequilla and and go to sleep for a little while Brallrock. Just don't take too much of the tequilla or your headache might get worse when you wake up.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    <3 that remedy. except, I don't have tequila or aspirin.

Rum and ibuprofen it shall be, then.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    After dealing with some rather serious problems I have returned to SP.

@JSBB, your problem sounds serious to me. The word 'audit' is to me a very serious one and indicates (to me) a legal document. If the opinion express is at sometime found to be incorrect I foresee trouble. Is it possible to appeal to a higher authority?

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's Nakia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Lazy Bonzo and Nakia in the same evening? Wow!

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

You know how someone asks for advice about something and you give it, but they do what they want anyway? WTF? Why did you bother to ask then?! :flaming:

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    School has ended for the year! Now I can game till my hearts content.

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Input is input. It means they value your opinion, even if they don't take it every time.

BTW, are you still seeing the sparkle? It doesn't seem to be showing up for me anymore. :(

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Never seen a sparkle on an Avatar before. Graphics falt perhaps?

I spam because I can

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Why in the nine hells did they gave us a day off tomorrow instead of friday? Of course a day off is always welcome - even more when it happens to stretch a weekend to three days.

F****** morons. At least there's only ten days left...

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Slept most of the day because of a monster Cold, but still slept through the first intermission and about a third of the second period of the Leafs game. I hate this cold. At least I can type (even though speaking is painful and sounds wierd...

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Played like crap yesterday and twisted my ankle right at the end too. This blows. From "Nemesis", I became "My own worst enemy" :bang:

@JSBB

I suggest a Lord Chesterfield/Macchiavelli type of approach here. If you're sure you can appeal to a higher authority and place her in a position where she can no longer retaliate after, do so. If not, wait until such an opportunity presents itself before acting.

As Artemis Entreri preaches, It doesn't do well to leave enemies in your wake ;) :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.