1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Donating blood/organs?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think I prefer my guts where theire supposed to be.
    INSIDE the body. :rolleyes:

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A dead body is a dead body, so I'm an organ donor and don't see any reason to change that status.

I've never given blood, but I know I should someday.

4. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Not allowed to give blood due to *Ahem* Orientation issues, but I'll donate organs Just so long as I don't have to push them through the little money slot myself...

5. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

No to both. Blood, if its needed specifically and there's no one else...ehh I guess I can...but not organs.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You know, I just happened to see the exhibit Body Worlds this past weekend. It consists of plastered body organs (to preserve them) and reconstructing the human anatomy, similar to putting fossils back together. It sparked a lot of controversy when it opened for public viewing. I thought you might like to see where your donated organ may end up :)

7. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm goiing to get around to donating blood one of these days, but I'm very busy; I can't become an organ donor yet. My general outlook is "Death= get your organs/limbs/stem cells/blood right here! One-stop shop! All Clixby Must Go!".

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Got the organ donor thing on my drivers licence. WHen I'm dead they can take what they wish - I won't have any more use for it. As to blood, that's always been something I've been meaning to do (and do regualrly) but never got around to it.

9. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I donate blood, mostly because I like helping - and the fact that the nurse lit up in a smile when they figured out my blood type (One that can be applied to most people) kinda helped me a bit. :)

I will leave the donation of organs to my family.

10. Blog Gems: 23/31

I just signed up to donate blood earlier this week and it will happen next week! :)

I hope they test my blood and tell me the results too.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

They won't tell you unless you ask. Yes, even if your blood has something "wrong" with it, they won't tell you.

12. Blog Gems: 23/31

Yay, I just donated blood today. Good thing kuemper told me to ask them about receiving blood test results, because the nurse had to go and fetch a separate form for me to sign.

1st time has its good and bad things. On the good side, they give you freebies to motivate you to donate again. But on the bad side, it takes longer for your blood to flow. So I sat there with a needle stinging my arm and another guy came in and out before I finished. I felt kind of dumb but whatever.

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Fair play to you mate. I can't fault people who give blood - god knows it's put to good use!

I really should get over my mortal fear of needles and help save a few lives.

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I donated blood regularly until I developed medical problems that required medication not on the approved list.

I'm listed as an organ donor on my driver's license and hope I die in a time and manner that allow my organs to help someone else.

When my young niece died in a car crash five years ago it was a grief to us that the circumstances didn't allow organ donation.

As for your organs showing up in an exhibit: unless you're signed up to allow your body or its parts to be used for anatomical study, that shouldn't happen.

Some people here in Tennessee donate their bodies to the Body Farm - no kidding - run by the Univeristy of Tennessee anthropology department in Knoxville, where they put bodies in various environments and study their decomposition to learn more about crime scenes. I'll admit I don't quite want to do that, but they've learned a lot there.

[ December 07, 2006, 21:13: Message edited by: revmaf ]

15. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

My company has a blood donation program. So every now and then they organize a donation campaign. It is great, I go there, donate a little blood, eat a little bit and take a half an hour free time just to relax, which I usually spend taking a nice nap. :sleep:

I’m also an organ donator. I’m not sure if my crappy organs will be of any use after I’m dead, but they’re welcome to try it out. :hmm:

16. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Blood: Used to donate fairly regularly until a nasty experience when they couldn't find the vein. There isn'y anywhere local to home or work since I moved job.

Organs: Yes.

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I do donate blood. I don't need all of it.

My organs are mine.

18. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Both a blood and organ donor

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.