1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Business idea?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Bahir the Red, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well, I've seen websites that offer such services, so don't bother ;)

2. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think it can be done by professionals. But if you are programming as a hobby, it is very hard, unless you are very talented. But it depends on the situations that the messages are sent.

3. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

How about this: would anyone of you ever concider buying an FM-transmitter, that could convert whatever you are playing with your MP3-player or iPod to radio waves, so that you can play it in a radio, perhaps in your car or something? Would cost around $20 to buy or somethin...

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Already been done. And I already have one. They don't work too well in a large suburban areas since you need a wide range of fee FM frequencies... :rolling:

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Then it probably won't help that we would import the cheapest we could find from China :D

6. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Since when can you tell the return of the investment for certain? If you could do that the stock market would not be called calculated risk. :p

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You provide a full business plan with projecting financials for the next five years and the assumptions that you made in calculating those. Any good investor will realize what you're doing.

And the stock market is only risky if you don't know what you're doing.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Which covers about 90% of the population, I daresay. ;)

9. Stardust Gems: 7/31

Even the best of investors will do a bad investment sometime. A good example of this is the wave of computer ralated companies that sprung like mushrooms from the ground. A lot of people (including "know-how" investors) invested in them and after that thier value fell, like rocks in water.

It is right that studing the market and it's trends will help you but it isn't always possible to pretend what happens on the international stock market.

@Your last line

It sure is risky even if you know what your doing. Otherwise big investmentfounds would never drop in value.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hey, why don't you make other people feel bad about themselves and then try to sell them some makeup? It works well with the major cosmetics companies so why wouldn't it work on a smaller scale?

11. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Dude, gay bars and clubs! Outside of the major cities, in the smallish cities of America, them gays are definitely an untapped resource.

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Bespoke T-Shirt screen-printing business.
    We did it (many moons ago) at school (Young Enterprise scheme), reasonably cheap to set up and run, not too time consuming, lots of students will buy t-shirts, particularly if you come up with orriginal designs and can make them to their own specification.

However, you need someone who is good at art.

I think we had the highest turnover (for the scheme) in the county. "Tax" was paid back into the scheme. (though I cooked the books a little to pay the operators more)

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

ROFLMAO. Big investment funds can't even beat the S&P 500. Doesn't sound to me like they know what they're doing.

14. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Correction: the stock market is ALWAYS risky.

The difference between the 5% of investors who don't immediately lose their shirts and the 95% of investors who do, is that the 5% KNOW that the market is risky, and prepare accordingly.

15. Stardust Gems: 7/31

I couldn't agree more thats why i stay off the stock exchange.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.