1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Crom Faeyr

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by antoine, Apr 13, 2001.

1. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

right now, i'm useing the flail of the ages in my main hand, and then the stonefire-axe+3 in my off hand for my fighter. I think it is a nice combo.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When my fighter is lvl 16, I'll try Celestrial Fury in the main hand and Crom Fayr in the off-hand.

Stun 'n' Crush. Ain't it fun?

3. antoine Guest

[​IMG] Does it really matter which weapon you have in your off hand. I currently fight with the flail of ages in my main hand and Mace of Disturption in my off hand. But does the mace really more damage than a non magical weapon. The special abilities don't work either(I think :confused: ), no undead creature has been utterly destroid by it.

4. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31

Veteran

The Mace of Disruption (enhanced with the Alloy that Sir Charles wanted) is a very nice weapon.

With the amount of undead in this game, and primarily the amount of 'Level Draining' Vampires it is worth a couple of proficiency points. Yes it's ability to utterly destroy undead is rare but it does happen. However if you have a high level good aligned Cleric, they'll destroy more undead than that Mace or Daystar or Azuredge could combined.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I destroyed a large number of Vampires with the Mace of Disruption +2... It didn't seem all that rare to me...

6. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If you want a good Ranger/Cleric dualwield before you get the Crom, you might combine Flail of Ages with the Defender of Easthaven (bonuys merchant in Copper Coronet). Really good weapon with AC bonus and damage resistance.

7. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Well there Blackthorne... :) I was noting my experiences with it and recalling other posts regarding it.

Also, myself and others too have cleared out Bohdi's entire lair (cept' for bohdi and the 'arrow firing guys)near the end of the game with just the TURNING ability. My own Fighter/Cleric (especially later in levels)slew scores and scores of Undead with the Turning ability alone. So when I mentioned 'rare', it was the Mace of Disruption 'rarely', by comparison to the Turning ability, utterly destroyed Undead.

I use the Mace of Disruption every game and I believe it's best ability is to protect from level drains and it does blunt damage vs undead who have varying resistances to slashing and piercing damage.

Of course no weapon is as powerful vs the undead as the Diety channeled power to Turn them into dust by a Good Priest.

8. antoine Guest

I allready gave the ore (for the mace of distrubtion) to Sir Charles, but after you gave him the ore did he leave? If he still there I'm gonna steal the ore back as soon as I get out of the Underdark.

[This message has been edited by antoine (edited April 18, 2001).]

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn im good i have just put together Crom for the first time on my third time through the game and it is awesome.
    But the best weapon hmm staff of the magi is incredibly powerful for a mage. Now you see me now you dont...

10. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Very good off hand weapons are:

Belm
    ..extra attack per round. Team up with CF to have the game's best attack (for 90% of the game) you can average ~50 points of damage per round

Crom
    ..25 strength

Lots of long swords
    ..varying specialties. Sunray, etc.

11. caleb Banned

Is there any way you can complete the sir sarles quest AND upgrade the mace of disruption?

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, simply take the illithium alloy to Sir Sarles. He will have a hissy fit and leave. Report your failure to the temple; everything will turn out OK. Then you can get the pure illithium and take it and the Mace of Disruption to Cromwell.

13. antoine Guest

what's belm??

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Belm is a +2 scimitar giving you an extra attack, neat

15. antoine Guest

where do you find it?

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

In a chest at the ogre tower in the very northeast of the Druid-Grove-Map.

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Basiacally it´s linked with Dennis´gong quest - despite that you find it even when you´re not doing it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.