1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Crom Faeyr

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by antoine, Apr 13, 2001.

1. antoine Guest

[​IMG] It is said that Corm Faeyr is the best weapon in the game, but I haven't found a piece yet(maybe it is because I am in chapter 5 :rolleyes: ). I want to have it very much so can anyone tell me where it is?

[This message has been edited by antoine (edited April 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by antoine (edited April 13, 2001).]

2. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

This topic has been discussed so many times it would be best to just do a search on this board with the words "Crom Faeyr" and you'll find what you're looking for.

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  4. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

An over-hyped weapon.

You lose two strength enhancers that work with any weapon, and you get one hammer that gives you 25 strength, but only for THAT hammer.

not a good trade in my book...

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is an excellent trade for anyone who would dual weild it. You then get the strength bonus for any weapon you choose. Besides, the Gauntlets of Ogre Power are the weakest of the strength enhancers.

6. Wingfoot Guest

well its tough choice to make in my book. loosing that girldle was a tough, but once i gave crom faeyr to my dual-weilding dwarven fighter i realized i made the right choice. he's at the cap now, level 19 with only 2 prof points on hammers but w/ that hammer in his main hand his thaco is -13 and w/an axe +3 in his off hand his thaco is at -10 i believe. its really sick and truly unfair when i think about it, even on the Insane difficulty level.

7. antoine Guest

When I do find crom faeyr I think I'm gonna dual-wield it as well. I also need a weapon for the second hand, i'll probably use the flail of the ages if I don't find a better weapon.

[This message has been edited by antoine (edited April 14, 2001).]

8. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I also recall a discussion about this weapon. It -and perhaps the Staff of the Magi and Celetial Fury, are the most powerful weapons in the game. However... you don't have to 'trade in or give up' any other weapons to get the Staff of the Magi or Celestial Fury.

I think it comes down to what party you have and who is your main character/or main fighter in your party. In some cases I can see where giving up the Guantlets of Ogre Power, +3 Hammer of Thunderbolts and the Girdle of Frost giant Strength just may not 'fit' with your party. A couple of times it didn't fit with my party and these items worked better spread among party members.

Of course with my Fighter/Cleric it made perfect sense. Crom Faeyr in one hand and the Mace of Disruption in the other(at times that no Shield was needed). Yep that was nice!

9. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

all right lets end this convo. the staff of the mgai is the most powerful weapon for the mage, the crom and c'fury for the fighter and the big 2 handed sword for the paladin. (can't remember the name).

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Crom Faeyr bits:

Gauntlets of ogre power (planar sphere, on one of the halfling characters)

Hammer of thunderbolts (Illithid caverns in sewers, key from Firkraag's dungeon)

Scroll of Crom Faeyr (Shadow dragon, shadow area)

Girdle of frost (?) giant strength (underdark, kuo-toan dungeon, summon a monster on the altar, tough fight)

Assembling it at the dwarf in the docks area takes one day and 7500 gold (maybe 10k)

+5 hammer, raises strength to 25, deals extra electrical damage.

And find the Celestial Fury for your second weapon in the temple area, antoine. (katana)

11. antoine Guest

Any other good weapon ideas, for the second hand Volar. I am a Cleric/Ranger and I can't use Katana's(or any other swords).

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Can clerics use halberds? If they can, the Dragon's Breath (Halberd +4) would be excellent. +1 cold, fire, electrical, acid and poison dammage. Very nice :D

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh, if they could, don't you think everyone would be using them? ;)

14. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You'll probably find some good maces/clubs/hammers in the game, try the Trademeet shops.

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

For Cleric/Rangers, the Flail of Ages is good. Really, really good. The Skullcrusher Mace +3 is very nice too.
    The Mace of Disruption is just sweet too.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Definitely Shura. My pally is using (single-weapon style) flail-of-the-ages/ daystar and soon C`Fury too.
    The other items you named are excellent too. Mace of disruption is *the* weapon for minsc (or anyone else) to slay vampires. FOTA is the probably the first +4 weapon available in the game. And skullcrusher is probably the best mace in the game.

I don´t that I´ll build Crom in this game for I don´t really have a char that could wield it. So my main char would really benefit from the str-21 for his THACO.

Except that, I dislike dual wielding for I can´t imagine me or a hereo dualwielding two 3-4kg weapons coordinated in combat - two scimitars are the max in my eyes however - after seeing hidden tiger - crouching dragon ;)

17. ayecapitan Guest

isn't flail of the ages a +3 weapon?

18. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yes the flail of the ages is a +3 weapon that deals additional damage depending on the heads you have on it (fire, cold, acid ?)
    I agree with Ragusa about some of the strange dual wielding combinations. The only dual wielding I could see would be similar blades or a sword and a dagger.
    That being said, most magical weapons are not at all like their nonmagical counterparts. The Crom Faeyer would probably feel light as a feather to the user, not only because of the users elevated STR, but also because it's magic makes it lighter.

19. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

So where do u get the staff of the magi??

20. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You get it from the Twisted Rune. It's one of the trapped doors nest to each other in the bridge district. It's the door on the right of the pair and you need to have a roguestone in you inventory to be teleported there. I wouldn't recommend it for a low level party as you have to face off agains a lich, vampire (spell casting), great beholder, priest and some other guys. But if you feel you can take them on go for it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.