1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Last night's dream was about elements from my past... in fact, I felt like I had gone back in time. It was pleasent, yet also painful and nostalgic at the same time. *sigh*

:(

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm - this thread makes me think I should try remembering dreams again - I had a dream journal going before I couldn't be bothered anymore...

3. Disciple of The Watch

Woo, thread bumper.

Once again, last night's dream featured my past. Similar to the last one, but featuring other elements of my past. What's with my subconscious throwing my past in my face?

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I cannot remember the last time I woke up and remembered a dream I had. It's literally been decades. (I sleep like the dead.)

5. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Last night i dreamt that i was at a party but then somebody opened the door to the toilet and there my name was written on the wall. I refused that i wrote it and then i locked myself up with my brother and played table tennis.

That is pretty weird actually

6. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I had a strange dream just a few nights ago. I dreamt my kids were with Jeff Corwin, the guy on TV who does the nature shows. They were swimming with killer whales like at Sea World but these were not tame/trained animals. It frightened me quite a bit. I woke up frantic when my son got his arm bitten even though it seemed like an accident and not that the animal was attacking.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I recently had a dream that I fell in love with some nice lady. I wonder who that girl is, cause I can't find any interesting girls atm, or at least I don't have the idea that I am in love with one.

Still, the dream is there. Perhaps I *do* want to fall in love with someone...

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I can't think of any particularly interesting dreams that I've had lately, but I remember having dreams related to death three nights in a row earlier this year. It was kinda disturbing because the people who died in my dreams were my friends or family... :( Kinda creepy too since before that I've never dreamt about death. Doesn't death mean some kinda change...? Must've been because I graduated from this AIMEB course on the forth day and I was nervous about having to wear a cap and gown...?

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Last night I was supposed to be a waiter for this celeb here in Finland in a restaurant that was in our great-aunts house. The particular celeb's not a restaurant owner AFAIK, and the house isn't a restaurant.

But as I was not trained for the job I tried to avoid waiting to the tables the best I could and manage din this farely well, since the other people running the place, including the celeb, were just ignoring the customers as far as they had something to eat at their tables. Of course there was very little of anything to eat since nobody was making any food, and as a solution I suggested that we should offer these chocolate coated jelly-bears as starters. They thought that this was a good idea, so I arranged them on a plate and poured some powdered sugar on top of them and put some jam on top of that. Can't remember if anyone ate them, though.

Then we had to close the restaurant since there was a bomb threat and there were bombs everywhere and I started to douse the fuses. I managed to stop the bombs from blowing up save one, which my great aunt took and said that she'd dispose it. Then a phone rang and she answered and forgot about the bomb. I tried to remind her about it but she said that she'd take care of it, but then just continued to talk on the phone. Then she was blown to bitsies.

In real life, my great aunt's been dead for few years. She had a stroke, a blood vessel broke up in her brain, and I was there when that happened. It was pretty ugly.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Yes, death is always positive in the dream context.

11. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I had a weird dream a couple of nights ago, related to the death of Buster, our dog. Basically, I was in my kitchen with our other dog, when I suddenly notice Buster was there, except he was missing his left eye.
    Now, this is significant because he was put down due to vets discovering a tumour that had grown somewhere in his nasal canal, and was interfering with his mouth and causing his left eye to bulge quite alarmingly. So, I was standing there, Buster looking at me with his one good eye and wagging his tale like crazy, and I was just like, "Why is Buster here? Am I hallucinating? WTF?".

Then, he started edging backwards up the wall, and things...kind of went a bit weird from there.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

got so drunk the other night, i think i dreamt that i was in the water or something because when i owke up i found i'd wet the bed :D

13. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Bravo. You truly are a gentleman.

14. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

I woke up this morning quite disturbed. I dreamt that I, a grown man, was having a fist fight with my grown step-brother.

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I had a wild snog with a beautiful girl this night. That has seemingly been a while since the last time, cause I dreamed that she and I were walking through a city that had been build on my own belly.
    When I woke up, the girl was gone, of course, and all that remained of the city was the bell-tower.

16. Dengo Gems: 8/31

Veteran

About an hour before i wrote this i woke up. I saw my mother and me watching Eminem's Real Slim Shady's video. My mother was saying "What an artist, wonderful lyrics ..." and things like that and i said "Yes you're right mom". I am living with my mother and AFAIK she doesn't like him and i don't like him too.

17. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31

I was fleeing into a small Stargate chamber with a team of people in combat fatigues. We were being chased by Imhotep and Anck-Su-Namun (from the Mummy) who were going to arrive shortly with an army ( Age of Empires stylee ). Explosives were placed on both sides of the path to the Stargate to blow it up when the water thingy billowed out, to cause a further nuclear scale explosion.

I went into a side room and when I came back to the chamber the the room was full of dust and rubble and the team were dead. I was about to go through the stargate when I saw a female member of the team on a monitor waving frantically with one hand. I found her trapped under the rubble with only her head, shoulders and one hand free. She was crying because she didn't want to die. I handed her the remote detonator and left her lying there. I suddenly had a birds-eye view of the outside of the small sand-coloured pyramidal room that held the stargate (which was on top of a large rectangular sand coloured temple complex).

As soon as Imhotep and Anck-Su-Namun entered the complex the Stargates water thingy billowed out and the explosives blew and I woke up.

I think I recalled this morning's dream because leaving the girl to die was a bit callous, although I sometimes did something similar when playing DDO Stromreach as a cleric so that the missions goals were achieved, which I believe is were the latent memory came from.

[ August 27, 2006, 23:05: Message edited by: Ahrontil ]

18. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I had a dream the other night where the character from the Belgariad and the characters from LotR decided to fight each other because the enemies in their respective stories were too scary...

It's what happens when you read the Belgariad and listen to the soundtrack from Fellowship...

19. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ Disciple of The Watch
    Well nothing postitive happened since I was *late* to the ceremony :( So I guess the positive thing was recieving my associate diploma.

I had a dream that was a mix of Stargate, LOTR and Simpsons the other night. Very wierd...

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Date: 1992
    Starring: Rob and Fab, formerly Milli Vanilli

These 2 decided to start spoofing their MV antics in a 20 city world tour. Their comedic style sold out all the shows and they won another Grammy: Best Comedy Album.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.