1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hacker Puzzle

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by nior, Aug 7, 2006.

1. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Not sure where to put this, not sure if it's even posted before. Anyway, it's a really nice puzzle with the internet. Really test you logic and knowledge. Can be quite a challenge. You can use Google or Yahoo to assist you but no short cuts.

Btw, it took me 40 minutes. And when you do reached an all black screen, do something. It chucked off a lot of my time because I thought something was wrong with my loading and I kept refreshing the screen. And timing was done manually. Enjoy... ojofuffo! :grin:

Hacker Puzzle! by freestuffhotdeals.com

2. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

How many pages it have? I reached 9th page in less than 1 minute but can't go to 10th page :hmm:

Edit: What the hell is this ojo... thing?

Edit2: a lot of goggling and a little cheat to go to page 20 (I found the exact answer in a forum while searching). And at last, granny is dancing :D

[ August 07, 2006, 13:26: Message edited by: Argohir ]

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I've played many that were harder than this. Other than a slight hitch at 15 (Buchanan - I started looking up clans), it didn't get properly hard until 19, and excluding 15 the rest took me about 5 minutes. But at 19 it became fun.

EDIT: And then gets easy again. 19 was the only properly hard one. :(

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    lol...
    Hmmm...not speaking a differnet language, I searched around a bit for the meaning of page 8's hint and found that it was dutch, but when I type in 'negen' (three online translators said that means 'nine') I can't get to page 9. :grr:

But I got to page 8 very quickly. :rolling:

5. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Kitrax... you complicated some things too much, take Uranus as it is normally use, you know, in astronomy.

6. Kitrax

Media:
    Hehehehe...I know. I just felt like quoting that. I got past that page just as quiclky as the others. Everyone knows that Neptune is the next planet out...

It's getting past the 'acht' that's got me stuck. :( :rolling:

7. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Kit,

Try German spellings

8. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I got stuck on page 9, the clue is "sept"...which is french for 7...but where to go from there I have no idea, clue anyone?

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

You're thinking on the wrong track, after being shunted there by the "acht" clue. You need to think of a situation where Sept is nine, so to speak. ;)

BTW, I've managed to get as far as 21, but my brain has melted. I'm gonna have a shower to cool it down and come back...

EDIT: solved the bastard! Now on 22...

... And it's done! Dance granny, DANCE!!! :banana: :lol:

[ August 08, 2006, 12:15: Message edited by: The Magpie ]

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

It's not too hard, but 15 is kicking my ass - what on earth does buchanan mean?

11. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

HINT: you're much more likely to get it if you're American (or USAnese, or whatever they've decided to call 'em in that other thread ;) )

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Do I get extra credit if I got to the last page by cheating?

13. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...it took a lot of wasted time an a google search to get past page 19...but I finally got to page 23. And for what? A dancing cartoon? Bah! I could have been doing my homework! :bang:

*grumble* *grumble* *grumble* :rolleyes: :rolling:

14. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I got the dancing lady, ojofuffo was fun as were icosa- and 10946

15. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Mesmero: I think that's the best answer for a hacker.

16. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Wooo, finished!...thanks to the Magpie for the clue, I think I would have given up otherwise :D

I don't know about anyone else but ojofuffo was just blindingly obvious lol...bachanan took me a while, but I finally found a connection between the page number and the word.

I enjoyed that :D

17. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I started doing 10946 by hand after all google got me was book numbers. I reckognised the series instantly, but didn't realise that excel could be used until i got up to 381 on the paper.
    Very nice Mesmero!

18. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Easy, easy. Buchanan was the hardest ;)

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I can't get past the icosahedron, still can't.

20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    My biggest problem was figuring out how to spell "seventeen" in Latin. The rest wasn't so hard. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.