1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random School/Work-Venting Post

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The one thing that's really starting to tick me off about being so reliable and versatile at work is that on Wed night one of our Change Bar staff (handling Keno, poker machine and betting transactions) called in sick so who do they throw in there? Little ol' me of course...

So anyway, second busiest night of the week in that respect for us so naturally, when I was finally allowed a meal break they replaced me for the 30mins with someone who knew nothing about what he was doing in there which meant that of course I had to stay right near the Change Bar so that anytime my temporary replacement had difficulty I could help.

Guess who barely got to eat a flamin thing? :mad:

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Sorry, Aldazar - I've been there. There's fewer more ego-buffing yet unsettling things to hear your boss say than "OhthankGodyou'rehere!" or "At least you're working when the Health Inspector/Head Office people/VIP will be here." :mommy:

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

The thing I find kinda funniest about the whole thing is that this guy who was put in while I had my "dinner" is the laziest guy at my work, everyone knows it, but he gets away with it all cos he only has 1 leg and his grandfather is a life-member of the Club

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

OK, four weeks to vacation time. Had to put it off a week to accommodate changing scheduler of my replacement. Good thing I didn't have any non-refundable tickets or reservations, huh?

Let's see, retirement in 12 or 13 years . . . maybe.

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Had a job interview, and when the boss saw my resumé from my last job it meant that I basically walked into my new job in something less than ten minutes. First day at work I came to realize that the payment system was really shady, meaning that basically I might see proper salary with which I could pay my rents only after two months. I guess the business is not going too well if they have to withhold new workers fees for that long, especially with their seemingly high employee turnover rate. I confronted the evening manager about the payment and he tried to squirm his way around the fact that I might not see any good money for the first two months.

Not that I have anything against earning but I'm not in it to gain a few extra cents. I need to know how am I going to pay my rents for this summer, I need some bloody certainties and not a possibility that I might be able to pay next months rent when its due. Otherwise it's just wasting my time since I'll be able to pay the whole shebang in the fall in any case and I don't need the money that much.

So I quit. Right the very first day. Right now my time is spent better trying to find a job with a steady pay than working there.

People, avoid jobs with only provisional salaries like you'd avoid the plague. I know I will. And if you're going to start a marketing business of any kind, think twice about provisional salaries. My :2c: Thank you.

6. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    It's time for a new job. Cubeland sucks. So do micromanaging, neurotic bosses and stupid corporate decisions. :bad:

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...next quarter is going to suck.

I had to drop my core class due to schedule conflicts, and I have to take one class online. Getting that online class was a pain too...I had to go to the registrar to ask for it, then I had to get a dean's approval, and then go back to the registrar. Those two people are the busiest people towards the end of a quarter too. :bang:

So once everything is said and done, I'm take Microeconomics online, and a 'Group Dynamics' class on campus. Two classes that on one likes, but everyone must take. :bad: :rolling:

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    No! I'm not going to work in a factory, no! I'm not going to work at construction, no! I'm not going to work in a storage, no!

And never-ever again will I work three-shift jobs or night-shifts!

Nothing wrong with those as such, but I just have an extreme distaste for them. So what if I'm picky when I can't afford it? The way I see it, it costs me personally more to work in an environment I detest than get that extra cent...

So this means I'm still unemployed. Meh :rolleyes:

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

The aforementioned 1-leg guy is at it again...

Some weeks ago when a staff member left I was told I would be put forward to take over the part of her job which involved running the in-house promotions such as the member's cash draw, meat tray raffles and such like, but of course some young arrogant little so-and-so who had just started walked right into the job, then recently he revealed that he was leaving to join the army (best thing for him, they might knock the arrogance out of him) I was again told that I'd be put up for the job. As I found out a few days ago, guess which little creep is taking over? So friggin infuriating.

10. Kitrax

Media:
    ARG! :flaming:

Online classes suck! You have to devote so much time to them, you have no time for anything else...and good luck if you need help. :bang:

This might be the first class I'll have to pay my work back for. Hell, at this point, actually passing the class is going to be hard. :cry: :rolling:

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I think I took way too many courses this period. Public adminstration and microeconomics are boring me to death. Oh well, less to do next period then. I just think I'm drowning in stuff to read. Seven books until next week, don't know how I'll manage that. I think I need to postpone some stuff for later.

12. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I am being sent accross the world in 9 days and will have to stay there for 6 months. I won't be able to see my wife or kids the entire time. Sometimes I really hate parts of my job.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  14. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ouch! I travel a fair bit for business but for nowhere near six months at a time. We do two to four week trips but we consider three weeks to be a long time away from home and as such we will normally try to schedule unmarried people on the trips that are over two weeks long.

15. Kitrax

Media:
    Speaking of business trips...one of our maintenance techs just got back from Germany today. The lucky jerk got to spend 3 weeks there for factory training for a new set of machines we're getting soon.

I want to be a maintenance tech so bad...but that would mean at least 3 more years of school... :cry:

Oh, and we had our annual "Hazcomm" class tonight. 3 hours of boring safety talk. They didn't even show any pictures of people with acid burns like they did last year! :bad: If I have to sit though a 3 hour class on what *could* go wrong at my job, I damned well better see some pictures of what happened to someone when something *did* go wrong! :skeptic: :rolling:

16. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sorry guys, sort of zoned out for a bit. I am off but trying to take care of things at home I won't be here to take care of later.

I'm in the military.

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I have 8 hours of class per week (make that 11 with the optional French course I'm taking). It is not optimal to retain a normal pattern of living. Not optimal at all. False sense of security and all what with papers/books and thesis looming.

18. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Two exams left, then this period of madness will be completed. One on monday and the final one on tuesday the following week.

19. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    8 Hours? pfft, this week i have 26 Hours, incluiding 2 All day Labs... and a Mid-Module tommorow, which ive done no work for, and dont feel like doing work for cos im exhausted after a Fencing training all weekend.

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I worked today, time and a half. I did an 8 hour shift and took 16 calls all day and raked in £12.50 an hour. Most of my time was spent reading A Feast For Crows by George Martin, and getting paid for it. That shít is for winners.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.