1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What kind of car do you drive / why?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Bassil Warbone, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Used to drive a 1994 Chevrolet S-10 until both the transmission and engine died on me.

My next truck will be an old Toyota pickup. Those are unkillable.

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

During summer I use my father's '93 Nissan King Cab (2.5 diesel) at work, but being a poor student I have to stick with my bike the rest of the year. I don't like public transport.

They said on the news today that petrol prices in Norway have never been as high as now, with an average of about 12,60 NOK/litre (1,85 USD/litre).

3. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

/me raises hand

I use the good ol' bike and public transport. I don't feel I'd need a car. Besides, it would be financially impossible for me.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Red 2000 Honda Civic EX. Small, good gas mileage, and she's got a surprising kick if you're feeling the need for speed. Really only use it for things that aren't easy to walk or bus, but with Madison being a mid-sized town, there's more of that than I'd like.

5. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

1990 full size Chevy pickup truck, it has a 4.3L V6 engine (not one of the big V8 ones) costs $90 to fill it from empty, gets about 20 miles to the gallon (one way trip to work). I have this because I am a do it yourself person, and haul a lot of lumber and such. Our other car is a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan, gets about 23 miles ot the gallon and costs about $65 to fill it from empty.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2002 Toyota Caldina station wagon so we can fit all of the kid's stuff in the back. NZ$80 to fill a tank of petrol. Most days, though, I catch the bus to work.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't have a car. I can go by bicycletta anywhere I come often enough. If I really need a car I can borrow my mom's (awww) Suzuki Alto.
    It's a lightweight vehicle and last time I drove it, it used 1 liter of benzine to 22 km. We also got a discount cause the car was the most 'economical' car of that year (think it's about 4 or 5 years old now). It hardly cost us anything sofar.

This is not a car for 'real American men', which, clearly, I'm not.

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I drive a 2004 Toyota Camry. It is fairly large and roomy, has a surprisingly large trunk, and yet gets fairly good gas mileage.

I really don't drive it very much though - I take the train for my current job and I am frequently away for exteneded periods of time travelling for business. I had to drive all over the Greater Toronto Area to visit clients for my previous job so my fuel costs have actually gone way down despite the price increase.

9. Gawain Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

We have a 1999 GMC Safari ('cause it seats 8, which just fits us). We pretty much only drive it on family trips or if the whole family is going somewhere together.

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum for work which we also use for running around town.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Got 3:

2004 Subaru Impreza STi
    2004 Lexus RX330

But my baby is a 2006 Porsche Carrera GT.

I never paid much attention to the gas prices.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Are you some sort of playboy billionaire, Rastor?

12. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Inherited a 99 saturn from my wife.

It gets 35 mpg and Im not really a car guy.

13. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

The micra works out at about 47 mpg (UK) or 40 mpg (US liquid)

14. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Why? Can't you afford miniatures? :D

While I have a drivers licence (that cost me a lot of money), I do not have a car. Public transport is rather good here, and the rest of the time I use my bike.

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE...because it's paid off. :thumb:

Actually, it's comfy, sporty, surprisingly gas efficient, and was priced very well when I bought it. Plus it's this cool metallic forest green color, which rules.

16. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I usually dislike American cars, but I drove a rental Grand Am for a weekend and really enjoyed the experience.

17. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

1949 Dodge 1.5 ton Gets about 10 mpg and costs around $90 to fill from empty.

18. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Voltz Wagon (sp?) Polo, 1997, 1600cc.
    Why? Easy to drive, economical, quiet, reliable.

I actually bought it today, yay! (See: bought, as in paid off)

19. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's 'Volkswagen'. :)

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I found a deal on a 1995 Dodge Dakota...

I'm working in a paint shop as well, so bye-bye factory color! :D :D :D

I'm gonna trick out this one a bit. New paintjob (I have one perticular custom color in mind, and a paint scheme as well), drop it down to a lowrider... it's gonna be great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.