1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Main Characrter

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Wingfoot, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Wingfoot Guest

just curious how many people created a new character or imported one from BG.

i myself chose to put off using my Elven Fighter/Thief from BG to create a Half-Orc Barbarian. i have been happy with my choice so far and rather impressed with the Barbarian class, especially the faster movement rate. Barbarian's can haul ass, perfect for quickly taking out enemy archers or spell casters. throw in an Oil of Speed or a Haste spell, and he just hauls serious ass!

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah, I don't mind my Half-Orc Barbarian either BUT I also like characters with a little more depth. Don't you find playing a Barbarian a little dull? The good thing is that you can seriously count on them when you need to pack a nasty punch, but having some more battle abilities would have been a nice touch. Beserking just doesn't cut it. A head bash that stunned would have been cool, or a leap attack, or how about a yell ability?! :) I'm kidding.

I'd love to dual a Barbarian though ;)

Syl...

3. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I in the end decided upon a dual class fighter/thief(Assasin). So far it's worling rather well.

4. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    Well, I started out by importing my Fighter/Mage from BG, and got to the beginning of Chapter 3. I wanted to try something different, though, and so I also created a Half-Orc Barbarian, and have not looked back since!

I don't grow bored with him at all, because acting the part is fun as hell... and though all he does is fight, I have NPCs such as Viconia, Jan, and Edwin who give more depth to the party combat-wise.

Also, the Berzerk ability is not bad at all. Heck, every time I'm fighting mages (or magic-using creatures) I go berzerk and charge in, confident that they will be unable to charm or confuse me! And Korgan tends to do the same thing (being a Berzerker) so we are a pair to be feared!!

Of course, you should not use the Berzerk ability against anything with a strong melee attack... since the Barbarian tends to have a poor Armor class (no plate), and you have an AC penalty of 2 while berzerked.

5. Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I'm having a blast with my archer. However, made almost all other classes and played a little with them just to see which I like to try at later time. My favorites are:
    archer
    ranger
    cavalier
    mage
    warrior
    no multi-classes just pure or kits

6. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I finished the game with my imported paladin, from BG1-TOSC. Made him a cavalier, and he RULED.
    Now I am going to try a fightr/mage, and on the third run, probably an archer...

7. nicksull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm happy with my present party but I may play through again so I can use this multiplayer group:
    Barbarian, Kensai, and Cavalier with a Skald singing back-up. CHARGE!

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Anyone try a kensai with grandmastery in longsword or bastard sword and 1 or 2 points in single handed weapon?
    Bloody awesome.
    Even with a puny longsword +1.

9. Alasyr Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm going throught the game with kensai dualed to mage with 3 in dual wielding, mastery in katanas, profficiency in long swords and flails so I could
    wield those in my off hand (profficient is enough because off hand does not give you more than 1 extra attack).As a mage I added staff and dagger and planning not to level up from 12 to 13 (I dualed at 13), and instead wait to get enough exp. to reach level 14.This will alow me to use mage prof. point gained at 12 for boosting katanas to high mastery (at that point I'll be figther again and game engine due to a feature or a bug allows you to boost you fighter proficiencies)

10. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] A question: if you dual, do you get the class specific quest for the second class as well?

11. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

No, you should not, although there is word that Fighters dualed to Mages will also get the Mage Stronghold, which could be a slight mishap by Bioware. Anyone know for sure?

Syl...

12. Woo-Fu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I imported a Ranger from BG/ToTSC.

Ranger wasn't much use in BG2, though. He just got turned into a fighter most of the time, dual longswords dervish of doom.

His cabin is also about as far from the city as you can get, which isn't much use. I ended up stashing my stuff in a barrel in the docks, by the smith.

I'm playing a 2nd time through with Buffy, the Undead Hunter. We'll see how that works out.

13. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

I stash my stuff in Waukeen's Promenade in the Temple of Ilmater. I was thinking of another district, but I rarely get quests when I'm in Waukeen's Promenade, so organizing, selling and buying are done quickly without getting side tracked.

I don't even use my keep myself.

Syl...

14. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Too much stuff?
    Bag of holding....

15. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Bag of Holding is said to be bugged. Quest items vanish, and items you take out to sell sometimes re-appear in the bag itself after awhile. Not something I want to chance my items to.

Syl...

16. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well I imported my Dwarven Fighter from BG1, CG, and made him a berserker. One question: If you are a fighter, why not be a berserker? You dont HAVE to go berserk. If you want a ranged attacker, be an archer! Also, the dwarven thrower +3 is DEATH to my enemies, even in melee. I will be making it my main weapon when I get just one more proficiency point. Until then, I'm using the crappy Blade of Roses +3, supposedly one of the best long swords in the game, but it SUCKS!

I have my second charactor all lined up too. I want to play something unique, and I think this will be cool. I'm gonna play a gnomish Kensai, with all points in Quarter Staff, then 2-hand weapons. I don't see why ALL warriors are gnomes, they're just as good as humans! If I don't do that, I'd make a human kensai, same specialty, but at level 8 I will make him a mage. I dunno, I just love those quarterstaffs!

Om

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.