1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #72

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    @Fel that's some of the weird laws of life. Irony is always present.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    For someone who has no real reason to be up at this ungodly hour, I sure as hell am tiered....

*kicks her internet for eing dum*

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I love Law and Order.

That was such a beautiful episode, almost as beautiful as Jack McCoy's blonde assistant (Sabrina I think...).

A wonderful touch to an otherwise gray an dreery day.

Oh how I wish there was more Law and Order on, SUV and CI just aren't as good as the orginal.

How I wish I could ruin my life for the sake of ethics, a living martyrdom (don't know why, but I'm feeling romantic today).

4. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Had a very angry bus driver this morning. Swearing, complaining, being rude. Kinda scary.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

That's what I'm doing, trust me. The third part of the conference was about virtualization for servers... It was bad enough that I had seen a VMWare conference just two weeks ago, so it was VMWare, take two, or in my case, See No Evil. The movie completly pwns, by the way. I dig the scene where Kane shoves a girl's cellphone down her throat... :evil:

They gave us betas of Office 2007 that expire next february... and told us to go download Vista, which is "just" 3 GB. Hell, that's three months of bandwith with my ISP!

Microsoft... I'm pissing on you. IE 7 looks strangely like Firefox, and the "side bar" in Vista is an obvious Mac OS X ripoff.

Long-live open-source! Do yourself a favor, piss on Microsoft and give Linux a shot. And if gaming worries you... emulate Windows in Linux!

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I wouldn't even know where to get a Linux, let alone know what to do with one if I had one.

7. Arabwel

Media:
    I am too lazy for Linux :D

(although since the 2.6.17-rc5 was named Lordi Rules, i am vaguely tempted..... :evil: )

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I shall now go and play ye olde Baldvr's Gate II: Shadow of Amn. 'Was only passing by to spam a little and say hello.

Post-Sctiptvm: I'm amazed by the lack of Us... the only on used in the sentence above was for the title of the game.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Noticing that my working pants are wearing out and ripping with an alarming frequency...

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:lol: That reminds me of something from the Simpsons.
    :shake:

11. Disciple of The Watch

Where to get: Download it, DUH!
    What to do: Install it, and screw M$ of 150$, DUH.

Linux is actually a great OS, Caveboy. It's a bit head-scratching at first, but once you get used to the basics, it's truly a Windows-killer. It doesen't do games, but like I said, emulate Win if you game.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Holy farglesnot!

Just helping Danae get her piece of the copyright pie.

13. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Pie.....Pie! Did someone say pie......3.14159 :p

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

What would apple pie be in mathematical terms?

Sleep, test, freedom.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Where? Linux.com?
    Install? How would I use Windows to install something that gets rid of Windows? Wouldn't it somehow implode halfway through?

More jargon I don't understand. I like my life to be simple.

And where does the $150 come from? How does installing a Linux steal $150 from Microsoft?

Actually this all probably belongs in Techno Magic......

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Ok, so who is gonna write the Linux for Dummies? :D

17. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

When will you people learn? You can't teach an old bird new tricks! :p ;)

18. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I dont see how the little boy with the blanket off of the charlie brown cartoons has anything to do with computers. :confused: :eek: :D

19. Disciple of The Watch

Google "Linux Download", you dummy! And as for installing it, did you already heard of something called "hard drive partitioning"? That's separating your hard drive in smaller pieces. Install Win on a partition, and Linux on the other.

The 150$ is more money in your pockets because Linux is entirely free. And basically, emulating Windows is like running Windows inside Linux, sort of like a virtual machine. Now that I think of it, better leave it there, I smell something burning.

Looks like it's gonna be me...

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

had a shot of something last night that they call "liquid cocaine". not sure what exactly was in it but it had some goldschlager and burned my throat :sick:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.