1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Making the shapeshifter awesome without mods.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by toshin, Sep 1, 2004.

1. toshin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I havent played the game in 2 years so i dont know if this exploit still works. Have someone dispel your claws and put on an awesome staff! Dual at fighter as soon as you get to 13 and own everything.

By the end of chapter 3 i had -
    5 attacks per round
    Very good damage and thaco.
    - 16 ac
    Ton of resist and other crap
    Pure cheapness can destroy everyone alone.

Anyways I was wondering if a cavalier is good enough to beat acsension? Since I never played as a one and want to try it.

2. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

On the Shapeshifter: Yes, there are many ways to cheat, but cheating sux. :(

Cavalier: You can probably solo with any class, I know people have - Ascension would be pretty tough, but it sounds like you're willing to cheat so in that case wouldn't be a problem.

3. toshin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Where did I say I was willing to cheat. I never said I completed the game with the werewolf. In fact I stopped playing when i discovered that you can dispel his claw. I was hoping there would be a official patch to fix things like this by now. I am not a fan of anything fan made. I went on a hiatus with other less bugged game.

In case you dont know a werewolf with his claws dispeled CANT kill. You knock people down but thats about it making if very frustrating so I tried a staff out for fun when I discovered this.

I am not condoning this I am simply saying that there is a way to make the werewolf awesome without mods or using the cheat console.

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

That's not cheating per say...just incredibly cheesy. Heh...but if you're going to do that, might as well just use the Shapeshifter Rebalancing mod.

5. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

toshin: Well, I think a lot of people would consider that cheating. ;) That's what I meant.

There is no official fix, but there are fan - made ones available in the G3 Tweak Pack and Weimer's Ease - Of - Use.

6. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I assume you refer to a made-by-yourself shapeshifter. Cernd sucks.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.