1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #71

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Close Colthrun I had Steamed Salmon, with a dill and mustard sauce and new pots and peas... :yum:

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I was offered Sims 2 or Dungeon Siege 2 today. I knew Sims would run on my video card, but not sure about Siege. Pop over to this thread and help me out.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm, I should probably have some breakfast now :p

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    My teachers and teammembers told me that I am vague and unclear when I'm communicating with other people. Can I help it that they are too slow and just can't keep up with my train of thoughts?
    Furthermore I am too independent to be a teamplayer, also egoistic and remote..

Go me! :D

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Ofelix:
    That was so horribly unfunny I cried. :p

In other news: Twelve hours of sleep? WTF!?! :mad: And I'm starting to wake up with headaches because of sleeping so long. I blame the heat. :shame:
    And no, I don't know where the first six went.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    We had a rain-storm or whatever you english calls it. You know a brief violent rain? Anyhow it prevented me to spam, Electricty was out and all that jazz

@Fel; I found it so unfunny that is was funny.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    /me slaps Felinoid around with a large trout!

Dude, stop bragging! I miss the days where I was able to sleep for 12 or more hours at a time! :cry: Oh, and as for the heat...I can't stand sleeping when it's hot. I wake up if I get too hot at night. The bedroom is the one place I like it to be cold all year long... :thumb: :rolling:

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

hmm, i think i'm more of a heat person really, i like the summer really much i do!
    i think i am a bit tipsy, but that is not important
    i think it's because in denmakr wecold have a VERY long winter season an it's reallay

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

You guys ready for a shock? I'm stopping smoking MJ. Yes, yes. I'll be white as driven snow.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@DotW

What traumatizing event do you have to thank for this? My friend just made the same claim the other day, he took some hash brownies that mde him feel like crap for 2 whole days :sick: at least now I'll have someone else among my friends (that isn't me) that doesn't take hehe.

11. Felinoid

I'm not bragging. I hate sleeping so long. Waking up after 3 in the afternoon severely cuts into my gaming time. I probably won't have any time to game until after midnight, seeing as I have Visual Basic...I mean, volleyball in two hours. And I still have to have dinner between now and then.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Fe l, I still suggest the old-fashioned alarm clock in a kettle. That SHOULD get you up, si nce it is well-known for getting DEAD people up...

13. Disciple of The Watch

This had been wandering in my mind for quite some time, actually. I have been thinking about my past with MJ... the toll it has taken on my life is heavy. I lost many friends along the way, and I nearly lost the love of my former fiancee because of MJ. How can I be such a die-hard defender of something that costed me so much?

I am not one to place much value on my own life... but the habit I took is pretty unhealthy and self-destructive. It's time for me to find something more healthy and not self-destructive to replace MJ.

We only have one life to live... and so far mine has been a waste. It's time for me to stand up and reclaim my life, and make some history.

I have gathered, and destroyed, my bongs and everything related to MJ consumption.

This is a decision I should have taken long ago. Yet, better late than never.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I've suddenly the urge to read a garfield comic book. What on earth is happening to me?

15. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hands Ofelix some Lasagna...I wouldn't worry your purrrfectly fine :D

16. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Congradulations, DotW. I did it four years ago and never regretted it.

Daily Show is a repeat, and Colbert Report will likely be too. But it's still funny...

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ DoTW - I've been there friend. I haven't smoked for several years but I would again if I had the chance. Just one, not the endless smokestack I used to consume.

After about a month you will start to realized that you don't have to write things down to remember them. After a couple of months all the crap you've been storing in your lungs will start to loosen and you will probably have several days strait of flem-disposal. Probably more times than you want, you will have horrible cravings for it. Although they say that it isn't physically addictive (which is questionable considering all of the other chemicals that get added) it sure as hell is mentally addictive. If you fall out of the nest don't condemn yourself, just get back in again.

Your making the right decision, especially if you intend to keep using your brain. Although 'smokers' tend to ignore the fact, the stuff is bad for you. Although I think I will always feel that alcoholism is worse. (I won't get into that right now.)

I'm not an activist against MJ. I still want it sometimes, I just don't have it. I have different responsibilites in my life. If I still feel this way when I am old and don't have those kind of responsibilities I might try it again.

Good for you DoTW. I wish you well :) .

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I've noticed my mind is sharper now that I've quit, but it never got back to what it was before I started toking up...

19. Felinoid

/me ROAAAAARS :banana:

Kicked some serious A$$ at volleyball tonight. 15-5, 15-1, and 15-10. Then 13-11 as a 3 on 3 since the courts were free after the late game, up to 16-14 as people joined to make it 6 on 6 by the end.

@DHB:
    Good one. :grin: Garfield rocks my socks (which I didn't wear since it was a sand court :roll: ).

20. Disciple of The Watch

My thoughts exactly. :D

Yeah... but stopping MJ should be easier than stopping tobacco, speaking of which, it's been a good seven months since I stopped that.

As an added bonus, I have told my brother of my decision, and he decided to quit as well, to make things easier for me, he said. I got his thumbs up and full support. We'll see how things go, but I'm fairly certain it will be smooth sailing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.