1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you believe that ghosts exist?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by D171087, May 16, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There's a huge difference between the spirits of the dearly departed (aka ghosts) and methods of communication with said ghosts (aka tarot cards, ouija boards, spirit writing, etc.).

When I am around my ghosts, I'm not drunk or drugged or asleep. The scare tactics when I'm in bed are done while I am wide awake, trying to decide if my pillows are fluffy enough. ;) As these are my perceptions, I do understand that everyone has different perceptions of reality.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

No.

Never had any proof of ghosts or anything remotely like ghosts. Wind makes noise, stuff moves and dead people stay dead.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

No ghosts for me. Strange occurances that have yet to be explained, sure, but no ghosts/spirits/otherwordly beings.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've never seen a ghost but I've felt evil spirits.

Several years ago I had an extremely disturbing dream in a location that is reoccuring for me. A mansion with 3 floors and a basement. It has 50 to 100 room and most of them are haunted (in my dreams) but the most evil spirits reside on the top floor and the basement.

In this particular dream I was in the basement doing a sort of scavenger hunt with a group of people. Somehow I got separated from the group and found myself in an empty hall. There was a closet in front of me. When I opened the door to the closet I felt something horrible and evil coming at me. It was intensly awful.

At this point of the dream my husband woke me and told me it was o.k. He said that he heard me wimpering in my sleep so he woke me up. After telling me that, he started swearing in Mexican into the air. It took me a long time to get back sleep. The next morning my husband told me that he had waited until morning to tell me what he saw when he woke up to my wimpering in my sleep. He had seen a very ugly apparition floating directly above me.

My husband is not overly superstious and is not one to dwell on spirits or magic. He is also very intelligent and sane. He wouldn't have made up a story like that, not even as a joke to scare me.

That is one of the very few experiences I've had with spirits and I don't care to repeat it.

@ Kuemper - You should check out that chatroom I posted a link too. I think you might like it. You might even want to share some of your experiences there.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This is an interesting thread. I love ghosty stories, even if I don't believe they are really ghosts.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Kuemper -- I'm totally with you. I've had many, many experiences that can't easily be explained. I believe in multi-dimensional space -- as in parallel universes -- where we can drift between the two. It was terrifying to me at first to even begin to have such an awareness -- but I soon found out that it's not so uncommon as one might think.

7. auril Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I totally believe in spirits caught between. Ghosts are real. And there have been many witnesses. Even now in this modern, atheistic world, many people have seen/felt/heard them. Although some people are more attune than others to spirits.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

People are poles apart on this thread. Fascinating.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You know...I don't really believe in ghosts. I guess I'm one of those people who don't believe what they don't see in person. If I did...I would probably believe in aliens because I saw a 1960's ameture film of a dinner plate on a string... :skeptic:

If ghosts *do* exist though, and if they really *are* all around us at all times, I can only ask that they help me out on occasion. I slight whisper in my ear, "aniversary" or "birthday" when my fiance asks 'Do you know what today is?' :p :shake:

Lazy dead people...too lazy to walk towards the light, or too lazy to hop in the crack in the earth, and too lazy to help me out. :rolleyes: :rolling:

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I do and while I won't say that I have 'seen' any, there have been many experiences in some of the old forts and healing wells in Ireland. We ghosts are simply types of faerie.

Still to this day no-one will cut down faerie trees, or faeriethorn in Ireland.

Most people think that faeries are tiny women with butterfly wings and skimpy outfits, but thats what you get for getting your information from talentless Hollywood directors.

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Sidhe and the People of Peace are said to be quite dangerous, specially the Sidhe. The more beautiful the elf, the more dangerous it is; Lhiannan Sidhe always seems to be the pinnacle in Irish folk lore. I suppose the Baen Sidhe as well, but they evolved into something dangerous over time.

I love folk lore, but I can never seem to know as much as I'd like about the stuff.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Which is why you can't hear them talking to you. :p

13. Harbourboy

Carrion crawlers and gelatinous cubes are also said to be quite dangerous, but that doesn't mean they exist in real life.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

You haven't looked in my refrigerator, have you? :shake:

Just because you don't believe in something, does not mean it doesn't exist at all, or that it is 'wrong' for others to believe.

15. Harbourboy

I didn't say it was wrong for others to believe. Exactly the opposite. It's great that other people believe this stuff, because otherwise this thread would be a lot less interesting to read.

"I don't believe in ghosts."

"Well, well, I don't believe in them, um, even more than you don't believe in them! So there."

16. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I haven't encountered a ghost so if i take it by logic the answer would be no.
    But i think they exist so i say yes

17. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

One vote for the Holy Ghost :pope:

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Since I am not a believer of surnatural, then nope. I don't believe in ghosts, even though some of my ancestors supposedly watch over me. :rolleyes:

19. D171087 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hey,, do you all believe in God ??
    because,, if He can made us,, why dont he can made another creature ??
    if u say that u dont believe,, can u tell me how we made ?? firstly of course,,,

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.