1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sahuagin City (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Blackthorne TA, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I must say the city was a really easy way to pick up some good magic stuff. I took almost no damage and picked up the Cloak of Mirrors (REALLY easy to get - I was shocked), the Wave halberd head, Spear +3 Impaler and a Rod of Lordly Might(?) (some other less impressive stuff that I can't remember as well).

The Wave halberd head was pretty cheaply placed I must say... I'm glad I tried both ways of resolution, or I wouldn't have known where it was... So, after dispatching that crazy King, I had Imoen pickpocket that fool of a Prince for the head...

Having quite a bit of fun in the Underdark now!

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 13, 2000).]

2. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

so where is the pole for the halberd?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ***SPOILER***

The pole (IIRC) was on the Warden in the planar prison during the "save Haer Dalis and friends" quest...

4. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    I've tried different ways of resolving the Sahuagin City.. but in my opinion, the best way is just to refuse to help them straight up, causing them all to attack you. Then you just go on a murduring spree, killing every fishhead you come across.

This way, you get all the magic items, as well as a cathartic killing spree, while avoiding their annoying political machinations! Besides, these critters are evil, and my LG Priest won't stand for helping them!

5. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you get double the experience if you help the prince, but what ever thats up to you, if you just wanna kill everyone.

6. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I also helped the Priestess & the Prince to kill the 'crazy King'. Then afterwards I killed the Prince as well because I was looking for the 'Guantlets of Crushing' that I read from another post but never found them... :(

The Underdark is the most 'incredible' storyline in the game -my opinion- and the monsters are the most challenging. SPOIL - Illithids,Mind Flayers, 2 Liches, 1 Dragon, 1 Pit Demon, 1 Lessor Demon Lord, Githyanki, Drow -Drow -Drow, Kuo Toa's, Greater Elementals of Fire, Earth and Air, Beholders, Gausts and Elder Orbs -perhaps I missed one or two on that list.

7. Thaumas Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Never mind... Forgot something.

[This message has been edited by Thaumas (edited November 14, 2000).]

8. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Draco - IIRC you get the Gauntlets of Crushing from the King (he gives them to you; they're not on his body or cache) if you kill the Prince, so you should've done it the other way around! :) The funny thing about killing the King is that you get two identical keys and two magical ropes! The Prince gives them to you, and the King's got them on his body.

The Wretched - I felt the need to be the Fulfillment of Prophecy! ;)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 14, 2000).]

9. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Ahhh, live and ...still learning. I should've tried that avenue to 'kill the prince' first. Oh well, my current party didn't need them I just 'wanted' them. It would've been nice for my Monk to have the last game I played. Actually... no it wouldn't, +4 to hit and +4 Damage on top of his other attributes would've sucked the remaining 'enjoyment' of the game away...

Perhaps I may play BG2 once or twice more over the next few months and check out those Gauntlets! BTW, do they only work for the MONK class?

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    No, I believe anyone could wear them, but they only increase THAC0 and damage for fists; I don't know why anyone besides a Monk would want them...

11. The Wretched Gems: 6/31

[​IMG]
    I feel the need to clear something up here.

When I said that I went berserk and just killed everything that moves in the Sahuagin city, it was on my 3rd time through the game. The first two times I sided with the Prince, and took out the King. The only avenue I have not tried, is siding with the King and taking out the Prince.

Currently, I'm playing a LG Human Warrior-Priest (Fighter/Cleric), and I'm trying to decide how he will react. He's very much like Vhailor (from Planescape) in his attitude... and in fact I even use Vhailor's voice set! :)

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Yeah, I can see how a righteous LG warrior priest would want to just do away with the whole evil lot of them! I mean, they wouldn't even make an attempt to reconcile! I wanted to bash some sense into that fool of a Prince, but as I said I felt the need to be the Fulfillment of Prophecy. :)

13. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Why anyone else would want the Guantlets? Well lets see, they are Blunt weapons? Perhaps? I would hope +4 (Guantlets)Fists are treated as a magical Blunt weapons. Effective against certain Golems and Oozes and the like who can only be hit by magical blunt weapons. It's always great to have several(or more) in the party that have a +3 or higher Blunt weapons for those 'needy' times.

I'll check them out on my next time thru BG2 and see how they perform on my next character.

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Hmmm... Good point... I don't recall the "to hit" bonus... In any case, I just assumed that it wasn't an enchantment bonus for some reason, but you could very well be right; perhaps they could be useful as a weapon on a non-Monk class <shrug> You'll have to let us know if you ever find out! :)

Speaking of enchantment bonuses, has anyone else tried Jerrod's Mace (I think that's what it's called)? Supposedly it's +5 versus demons, but I've tried it on demons and it has no effect! I tried it on the pit fiend in Spellhold and the balor(?) in the Underdark... Aren't they both demons? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 15, 2000).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.