1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Another (little) Trick I just found...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Isshy, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Little tiny spoiler...

You know when you go in the dungeon of the windspear hills with the archers behind the walls and the doors are locked? Well I went in and messed up the fight a little (They were targeting my mage and I didn't want to waste spells on them cuz they ain't tough monsters) so I went back out to regroup. The dumb archers followed me out and I just smacked 'em all with melee weapons...

2. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I have a problem whenever monsters follow me out of a room, as they do so, and I slay them, but when I go back in, they are still there.

3. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It is a bug that should be corrected by official Bioware patch.

4. Isshy Gems: 7/31

Do you get double experience? That could be a good thing :)

5. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yes, doubles your loots as well. You can keep doing that for infinite wealth, though it only happens in ToB I think :D

6. Seb Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Silly me; I had just assumed that they chased after me (although two had remained behind). At least that seemed reasonable. And it was much easier dealing with them outside that trapping area room (they kept targeting my least armoured party members).

7. Deuce Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Another nice way to do this area is to send in one character, naked except for the Shield of Reflection you can buy from Ribald. The orcs will gun themselves down.

8. Minh So Gems: 6/31

Too bad, you must gather your party before venturing forth :shake:

you need an invisibility 10 radius :)

9. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I noticed that with the Tanner Quest in the bridge district. I'd tell the LT. that I solved the murders and he'd give me my reward. Then he'd come back and start the dialogue warning me to be careful about the murders. So I clicked on him again and got the reward again.... Nice but wierd.

I've also noticed with the first batch of orcs in the dungeon, the wizard always sends off a lightning bolt. Just keep clocks of reflection on the front characters, it bounces off and kills off the rest of the orcs. Nice if smelly. Fried Orcs. Ick!

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Oh...if you think that's strange, check this out.

In the tanner quest itself, when talking to Rejiek Hidesman, you surround him with your characters so he cant move, and then keep talking to him...unlimited XP!

11. Isshy Gems: 7/31

Yes. There are a number of places you can surround the npc for multiple experience points. Such as in the mage stronghold with the planar guys and the quest in trademeet with the girl who gets her skin taken away (although I havent managed to do it with the latter yet).

12. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31

There`s no need for unlimited XP. If you do all available quest for your party you should end SoA and ToB at the maximum reacheable level. I finished ToB with all six members being hardcoded at a maximum level of 40, over and over again. And I do so playing with often discarded NPC such as Minsc, Keldorn Anomen, Aerie or Nalia. Playing all the way throught the game is the best source of XP :D

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Yep, but that takes time. Most people use the exploits because they cant be bothered waiting around. That does rob the game of its fun though.

14. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It's much easier to do quests when the party has low experience, though. In TOB, when everybody is level 25+, it's hard to bring yourself to do some side quests like "The Betrayal at the Gates"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.