1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hands up if you can't take a joke...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Next thing you know, they're burning the English flag.

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Barmy, that was hilarious -- stupid and lame, perhaps, but hilarious nonetheless. I say more jokes and cartoons, fewer bombs and bullets.

{edit} I hope that last comment wasn't too political in nature -- if so, please just cut it and DON'T, under any circumstances, move a funny thread to somewhere serious! Thanks

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You all need to watch 'Team America - World Police'! :lol: :shake:

Burning stuff, and killing people in *the name of Allah* is the point of *my* joke people! :rolling:

4. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm not one of these fanatics, but if you don't think what are you joking about, there will be some serious problems. Everybody should be respectful about people's beliefs

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The humour totally elludes me.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I totaly agree with Nakia and 8people, it is not funny period.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

The intended humor is that it is a picture (probably) of the rioters who cannot take the joke about Muhammed. So, the title and picture are kind of ironic.

Eh, its alright.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

not bad :/ hehe tough crowd barms, I'd listen to Robin Williams right about now:

"When all else fails, go for the dick joke"

or something like that :D

9. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There's nothing wrong with a good joke, if people get offended, thats unfortunate, but tough. Amost any joke is gonna offend someone out there, so its all about laughing along.

However, with this bunch of fanatical terrorists, who clearly use any possible excuse for violence and attacking people; wouldn't it be best not to raise their ire as it could lead to harm to others? Just a rehtorical question, to get ya thinkin' ;) .
    Please don't put this in the Alley if this is too serious, just wanted to get some people to think is all.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And I, like, totally disagree with you all, dudes. It's... like... *so* funn'eh! :square:

11. Incarnate Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Not bad :)

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haha, yes, it is unwise to upset terrorists with anger management issues :p

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Tiny minority? That's a might big crowd there that's being offended. As far as we know MOST of the muslim world was offended by the cartoons, NOT a small minority.

I'm getting close to AoDA here but the "minority" are killing, bombing, vandalising and so forth yet the rest of the Muslim world is simply saying *whisper*that's not muslim*/whisper* or not saying anything at all, silently condoning the actions.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

there's still a big difference in actually assisting in carrying out such acts and just not doing anything about it. just because one person was glad about the stuff those terrorists did doesn't make him a terrorist as well. it just makes him an *******.

still, i'm on the other side with this one abom, i'm no fan of religion but you can't slam all the other people involved in it for the actions of some. every religion has it's share of jerks and whackjobs.

15. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Sigh... what the non-Muslim world fail to realise is that in Muslim belief, unlike Christianity for example, any sort of graphic depiction of prophets or God is absolutely forbidden. There are no two ways about it. It is one of the first rule a person learns and respects in Islam. When somebody disrespects a fundamental rule of a religion, you can expect a pretty ugly backlash. Sure, some of the reaction does seem mighty overblown and extreme to the uninformed masses, but we are talking about something that is very close to the heart of Muslim believers.

Having said that, I can see the humour in Barmy's joke, but as for Abomination, your post just reeks a lack of understanding of other people's religion. And yes, some people do take their religion seriously. Isn't that how it is supposed to be?

Heh, I can't believe it took a topic like this to get me posting again. :rolleyes:

16. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

well, why i see the humor in it, yes i think it is pretty funny, i would not have advised it to be posted on SP, i know i wouldnt have posted it, mainly because it offends people (might even in here).

that being said i am not offenden the least, hey i'm from denmark yay!

oh and i just wish for this whole "feud" about some drawings just could blow over

17. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Well, to clarify things, I'm not offended at all by Barmy's post. Certainly some people would be but I'm not one of them. It's just that some uneducated posts really gets to me. I too wish the whole issue would just blow over as soon as possible.

18. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Heh, that's hilarious. :p

Nice one, Barmy!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.