1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fanatic starring in 'Trading Spouses'

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Cúchulainn, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

2. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Crazy people never cease to amaze me.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A radio station in my area actually interviewed this woman. She's not as bad as the show made her out to be (wow, what a surprise -- imagine a TV show only showing the most dramatic part -- and just for a ratings boost, who'd have thought such a thing would be done).

Basically, a VERY Christian woman was placed in a Pagan home. The family did things against her core beliefs and she waited to get home to fall apart -- I think that was fairly decent of her not to take it out on the other family (but I wouldn't want to be her husband).

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just don't know what to say. The woman should have never gone to the other house in the first place. She should have researched the situation.

I feel sorry for her family too.

5. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just wonder, she never watched the show before? I mean, you KNOW that every one of these kind of shows, NEVER have something 'good' on it, if there's not a fight or some tribulations, the show isn't good, so, being her such religious lady, how come she agreed to go on a reality?
    Same happens here with Big Brother, The House of my Life and suchs, is like the 5th year on air and you see people on their first days complaining about the crap the show is: WHY the heck you went there?
    I don't know, I saw so much of this that I started to think that everything is fake, just for money. What amazes me is the success of these kind of shows...

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...I saw the trailer for that one awhile back. She's your standard Born Again Christian that has taken too many blows to her head...just look at her missing teeth. :shake:

$50,000.00 isn't enough to put up with that bulls***. :nono: :rolling:

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I have to agree with Sydax here. I mean really, what kind of idiot volunteers to do this kind of cr*p when they've already seen what happens to other people? And then somehow they're surprised when bad things happen! :rolleyes:

But I also agree with T2B: Not only was it probably not as bad (on average) as it was made out to be, but keeping it in until she got home would be a very decent thing to do. :thumb: To be honest, I'd be damn near astonished if she hadn't tried at least cursorily to convert the pagans, and if she didn't, then even bigger kudos to her. :thumb: :thumb:

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Reality shows suck. They aren't reputed for being consistent with Christianity, either, so I don't know what Christian people do in them.

"Trading spouses" sounds wrong but if a born again Christian decided to take part, then maybe it's just a misleading title. :p

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I don't know, I found her continuous pronunciation of "dark" as "dork" pretty amusing... :shake:

But sheesh, poor kids. Talk about having a walking life-time trauma generator for a mother.

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Talk about going over the top!
    Anyway, I thought Christians were supposed to forgive everyone :lol:

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I agree that we are not seeing the full story, but how can anyone disagree that she over-reacted?

My grandmother who was very religious was invited to a hindu wedding (which she attended), and she did not run screaming "dork-sided!" "stars and moons!" or "they are not Christians!"

Did anyone notice that after spending time away from her family that she only hugged one child when she returned, and then decided to scream for over 10 minutes? Her eldest daughter was brought to tears near the end of the clip.

It would appear that she was more concerned about 'keeping up appearances', rather than the time she spend away from her family.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't watch the show, but from her ranting it seemed that the "pagan" wife was in her home with her husband and children. It seemed that she got the most upset when her family didn't even seem to realize that the woman was "dork-sided" and didn't even take the time to ask if she was Christian. Perhaps she was afraid that her family was somehow influenced by the "dork-side", you know, like Anakin was :lol:

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Dark-sided is pretty amusing in the mouth of a fanatic Christian because those people normally tend to have issues with Star Wars. Unless they turn it into sci-fi gospel preached in an unorthodox way. :rolleyes:

I think the reaction was quite extreme, yeah, and I'm not exactly a big fan of people who go on screaming for 10 minutes... not a big fan of emotional outbursts unless they're really warranted and this one was pretty exaggerated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.