1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

geophagy

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I will stick with potatoe chips if its all the same to you.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Eating dirt huh? No thanks...I'll stick to eating candy and other junk food of the same sort. :yum:

Dirt is better left for the earthworms. :p :rolling:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

People eat weird things such as dirt (or paper, erasers and glue in my case) because of an imbalance in their bodies or some such. Dirt provides those hard-to-find minerals and is much cheaper than going to the drugstore for that bottle of shark pills or One-A-Day.

Most who chew ice have an iron deficiency and those who nibble on their hair lack a bit of protein. And yes, I asked a nutritionist and a GP about these wacky things.

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Did you know that baby elephants eat poo?

6. Dice

Media:
    Actually hamsters eat their own poo too. They only partially digest it the first time around and then save it in their nests for a midnight snack. Personally I'm glad I'm not a hampster and I don't want to eat dirt either.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:shame: Bad Boo! Bad miniature giant space hamster! Poor Minsc and his backpack/belt pouch.

8. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well to really gross you out my dog eats my cats poo, then chucks it back up and eats it again :p

9. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Yeah - my poodle goes all out to try and eat my sister's rabbit's poo. :yum:

[ January 18, 2006, 08:48: Message edited by: Stu ]

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    My sister's dalmation used to eat cat, racoon, and sometimes other dog's poo. This just proves my point that dogs are stupid. :smash:

I can see it now, Vegan Dirt. "No innocent animals or insects were harmed in the packaging of this product." :lol: They just fail to mention that the said dirt was "harvested" off of Route 66. :grin: :rolling:

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

My dog actually eats rabbit and horse poo when she gets the chance :p

I'm not sure dirt is something I'll try eating anytime soon.

12. Dice

Media:
    hmmmmm, well concidering all the "special" ingredients in dirt I don't see myself eating any anytime soon. Poo, dead bugs, saliva, mucus, urine - it's all there in its miniscule form.

blah

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

This is quite possibly the most disgusting topic that I have ever seen on this site.

However, to add to the interesting material, Cows basically do the same thing by chewing their cuds.

14. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Actually, dogs that eat poo are not stupid, but lack something in their diet. That's why pet stores sell cow's paunch filled ('green') or unfilled. Dogs need it.

So buy your dog this stuff once in a while and it will stop eating poo.

But beware: it smells awful.

15. Susipaisti

Do you know why baby elephants eat poo?

They need the bacteria from it, to help their digestion. They don't have that particular kind in their system initially, so they need to have the bacteria set up shop in their bowels.

16. Dice

Media:
    Actually this topic isn't about eating POO, it is about eating DIRT! :lol: :lol: But it is interesting how you all see the similarity.

17. Susipaisti

It's a small step for a man, but a giant leap for grossness.

Without progress there is stagnation! We must remain ever grossed out, whatever it takes.

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I used to eat dirt when I was a kid.

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My sister tricked me to eat rabbit droppings when I was under 4 years old. She told me that it was candy. Didn't taste that bad as I recall, just something dry and papery. But it wasn't candy either, what a disappointment!

All dog related animals might have a taste for poo. Spotted hyenas real delicacy seems to be the excrement of hyena-dogs. They seem to take great trouble to acquire those tasty treats. It takes a great sense of smell to be a food connoiseur.

The word goes round that you have to eat something gross 15 to 20 times before you get used to it. Seems to be the case, since I didn't like yeast extract at first, but now after about 15 times I've actually learned to like it.

20. Dice

Media:
    @ Ichor - :lol: Did you read what I just wrote a couple posts above?

DIRT.....this topic is about DIRT. Geophagy is the act of eating DIRT NOT POO!!!!!

:lol: :lol: Geesh! You guys got a one track mind.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.