1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Odd things you do that nobody else does (or so you think)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by JiggaJay, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

They just sound weird because we are taking minute details from everyday life and blowing them out of proportion for everybody to see.

Like picking your ears. Smells like peanut butter... :mommy:

2. DarthMuffin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

- I don't listen to any kind of music, except for a couple of movie soundtracks.
    - I can't stand touching any kind of food with my hands.
    - I never really liked beer.
    - I did not feel the urge of going to a bar with "adult content" when I turned 18, unlike most of my friends. In fact, I never went to such a place and I don't plan to.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Anything I eat with cheese sauce (mac 'n cheese, au gratin potatos, etc.), I have to lick the plate/bowl/dish clean. Often, I will obscond with hubby's dish and lick that clean also.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I do love beer, oh yes I do.

Forgot some weird things

- I discredit the very existence Of Final Fantasy X-2. But anyway since the game doesn't exist I don't see why I should bother talking about it.

- I loath MMORPGs in general, am I the only one that find the though of paying a monthly fee after buying the f****** game imoral and stupid?

- 7h00 through 12h00 I can't or barely can live in these hours, I 'm usaly sleeping in these hours. The best time to live is between 21h00 and 3h00.

- I don't like hot schrimp.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I'm with DarthMuffin: I do not like beer.

I also dislike using utensils other than chopsticks ot occasionally spoons.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Arabwel, what on earth is wrong with the very practically designed fork?

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I, too, find the fork near unbarable to use, I don't know I don't find any confort using this tool.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You people are NUTS! A fork is the most practical way to pick up a wide variety of food. If you find it uncomfortable, then you either holding it the wrong way around, are clumsily stabbing yourself in the mouth with it, or are using a garden fork ny mistake.

How on earth do you people eat a steak, or bacon and eggs, or spaghetti without a fork?

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    i often buy bottles of PVA glue and put it all over my hands so I can pick it off :lol:

10. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

@HB
    By using chopsticks. They are almost as versatile as a fork if you know how to use them right.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  11. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, lemme think...
    -I put my chair in under my desk before I go to sleep (heard a scary ghost story about ghosts who sit in your chair and watch you when you're sleeping a while ago and it freaked me out. What? I *was* little back then...)
    -I eat my crust. :D
    -Can't sleep in a new environment because there are too many new noises I have to adjust to before i can sleep soundly
    -I wake up and whack my (older :rolleyes: ) brother when he comes in to wake me up in the morning (sometimes- Can't a person get a decent sleep in? :flaming: But, oh he *loves* to annoy me...). I don't know why i wake up, I just suddenly do. None can sneak up on me when I'm asleep! :D
    -As soon as I get on the bus home, I sleep (but never on the way to school, only on the way back. Wierd, eh? )
    -I talk/scream/yell/kick/punch in my sleep

And that's all for now... :)

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hehe. I doze off the moment I take a seat if it's a ride home or to uni. I always wake up before the right stop. :shake:

13. Blog Gems: 23/31

I must agree with the chopsticks crowd. Forks don't work well on bones that you are trying to pick the scraps off of. (sorry, bad grammar) Or a single grain of rice - it keeps slipping out between the tines.

I can't believe people have the patience to curl noodles and spaghetti with their fork. We just move our mouth closer, or pick up the bowl and bring it up to our mouthes. Quite common table manners over here.

14. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ chevalier
    Me too! Although I wake up about 3 streets away from my stop. :D

I can use chopsticks! And I hold them correctly too. :p

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't use chopsticks due to my pre-Parkinson's tremor. I have bad times with the regular untensils; yes I hold the dish under my chin and and scoop the food in.

16. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Chopsitcks are great, I love Chinese food because you don't have to cut it. I definately twirl me noodles.

17. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I present to you, the ultimate eating device.
    The Chopstick Fork: http://www.designboom.com/weblog/images/f.jpg

Now, if you could only sharpen the edge of one of the shopsticks, and make it a Chopstick Fork Knife, it would be even more ultimate! ;)

18. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Chork, surely?

19. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Looks handy, but is it durable?

Well, i used to chew my toenails, disgusting huh? Haven't done it for several years now, anyways.

And if i'm writing something with my computer, i just have to close the window if someone passes by, even if (s)he's not intrested one bit about it. Guess i'm just plain paranoid... :rolleyes:

Well, then there's my nose picking problem. And i still chew my fingernails...

20. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I chew on my tougne(sp? that red thing in your mouth)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.