1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Odd things you do that nobody else does (or so you think)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by JiggaJay, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

-All the doors of a room must be closed before I can feel comfortable there. (A new one yey!)

-I tap out all the rhythms of any given song not just the main beat. Most of the time this involves two or three fingers and a foot. I hate pop music becuase it generally only requires one foot to keep beat.

-I also use proper grammer and syntax when I type (Well, I try too). I do however use a few abbreviations when chatting in counter-strike.

-I pop my joints in and out of their sockets when i am bored.

2. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I'm always drumming things. Tables, my knees, whatever. I even tap double bass parts on the floor.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Leppi: Thanks for reminding me. :p

/me closes his door :shake:

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    -I don't use stuff like steak sauce or barbecue sauce or ketchup or whatever. I like my food tasting original.

-I have a list of rather specific numbers that I adjust things such as the TV volume to - generally, even numbers, multiples of three and twelve are good. I pretty much never leave it on a weird number.

-I dislike using the same bowl you eat food in for soup. I mean, the taste just goes into the soup and mixes it up! It's horrible!

-I type my texts with perfect grammar and spelling, and I never use stuff like "u" or "ur" or so on - even if it means I have to spend extra money sending another text. I even do the apostrophes.

-I eat most foods with a fork (and, being Chinese, I usually eat Chinese food). And I don't like using my hands for things, I use forks for stuff like fish'n'chips, pizza, and I've used them for nachos once.

-I don't eat breakfast.

-When I read books, I think about how it would be best changed into a movie form - I think about camera angles and whether or not I can cut the scene and so on.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Some of you people aren't right upstairs!
    I don't think I do any wierd things, unless I just don't notice them. I'm pretty sane and normal :lol:

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I seem to be developing an annoying habit of only telling the minutes in response to a "What time is it?" question. :nolike:

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I get the flu almost exactly the same time of the year - around christmas. What does santa have against me?

This was the third or fourth new year in a row I've got the flu and the fever to go.

It's my kind of thing, being :sick: in the holiday season.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Okay here I go.

- Despite general tendency of the people of my age, I do care about grammar and syntax. This to all the three (two) language I can write (I'm not good enough in german... yet). You think SMS english is horrible? You haven't seen french's I get headache just glaring at it. It seems youngster have fun writing french phonoticaly, and since french's phonotical system is kind of hard and unexplicable difficult (i.e /o/ sound can be written /o/ /au/ /eau/ /ault/ /eault/ ) and this happen to mostly all vowels. So A simple sentence like '' Alors, quoi de neuf chez toi? '' Would be spelt '' Alor, koi dé 9 ché toé ''

While it may means nothing to you, it's enough fo me to become upset.

- I eat better, and I prefer eating with chopstick despite not having asian heritage.

- I don't eat breakfast... and sometimes lunch too. Eating is such a waste of time

- I loath mint to a point that I may vomit if I taste it.

- Again depiste the tendency of people of 17 years, I don't like '' mindless shooting/bashing video game '' and I dislike powergamming in RPGs.

- I give a damn about aesthetic in general. Mostly about my person.

- My handwriting is better when I use a quill rather then a pen or a pencil

- I have 11 dicctionaries, each one of them about different topics

That's about it I think... I'm weird and I know it!

9. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I eat breakfast *gasp*

I eat every chance I get.

I like to eat. I eat a lot. Eating food is good.

MMMMmmmm.... Eating...... *Homer Simpson type groan*

10. Ofelix

Media:
    OH yeah I forgot.

- My last name is '' Forget '' But is no way realated, phonoticaly or meaning-wise to the english word forget

- In my havean (err room) My PC and Playstation 2 are linked to my Radio, and the sound is displayed in Decibels. It must be betwen 52 and 60 below or higher than that I can't listen to it.

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I've taken a great deal of french, and that is simply outrageous! :flaming: To defile such a noble language with those base disfigurements is inexcusable. You have my full authorization to bash those criminals over the head with their phones until they start typing legibly. (And I'm not being sarcastic; I :love: French.)

12. Ofelix

Media:
    I could not agree more, though know that one of the vile heathen, is acutaly my DM in tonigh's Dungeon and Dragons game. Aye my friends 'tis but the simpliest of sentence. You do not want to see more complex sentences being defiled.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ah, one more example. I never put pajamas on my body if I haven't just washed. I can't feel comfortable sleeping in sheets if I haven't taken a shower or otherwise washed myself. It doesn't mean I won't fall asleep in a chair or on a couch or even on bed (I have slept face down with shoes on). But never in bed when I haven't just washed. No way. I wouldn't just switch pajamas even when I was in hospital with high fever after surgery. I had to take a shower.

I hate that. And "toé" doesn't sound like "toi".

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

For a 15 year old kid, I never use 'u', 'r', 'brb', etc, which is quite amazing. I too, find it disrespectful is someone is typing something important to me and half of the words aren't even real.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ah yes...Fireworks. I was raised into a pyro by my neighbors when I was a kid. To this day, no 4th of July, 24th of July, or Jan 1st is complete without shooting off several illegal fireworks, along with my "homemade M-5000"! :bigeyes: Some people use material that could cause shrapnel, but I have made the perfect 'noise bomb' that creates no shrapnel, and can set off car alarms almost a block away. :thumb:

I am very meticulous when making my own "noise bombs" and a lot of planning and work goes in to each one to ensure the loudest 'boom' while making it as safe as possible. I like my fingers and wouln't want to lose any of them any time soon... :thumb:

Also...another odd thing about me is the fact that I cannot be offended. It's sad but true. You could try everything in your power to offend me, but you'll lose in the end. It's due in part because, deep down, I just don't care. Sorry, but I couldn't care less. :bad: :rolling:

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Barmy, I used to think you were a nutcase, but after reading about all the weirdoes in this thread, I'm beginning to agree that you sound positively sane by comparison.

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Glad you think so, Harbs :lol:

18. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I cannot eat breakfast. I simply cannot eat after waking up. Then I often miss or forget lunch. Then i have a small dinner. Then I do the same thing the next day and only realize that I am starving when I almost keel over.

I just stop feeling hungry after a while, and unless I activly remind myself I forget to eat. I feel hungry for a bit if I miss a meal but then it stops and I forget.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have come to the opinion, after reading this thread, that Sorcerer's Place has become a refuge for society's cranks and oddballs.

I wish I was a psychiatrist because then I would have a ready-made population of patients right here.

20. Ofelix

Media:
    Well some of these aren't that weird it's just people's habbit. Or so I think it is.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.