1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

impossible battle (docks area)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by homesick-alien, Oct 28, 2000.

1. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

has anyone got any clues as too how to fight the folks in the lcked room in the docks area i went there once and couldnt get in when i went back i was transported to a room with a bloke called shangalar or something (i think i had the rune stone with me the second time ) these chaps are impossible they are harder than any of the lichs in the game i desperately need some legitimate ideas as too how to tackle them,the room is around the back of the delosaur inn,i dont know the name of the other wizards in there i get killed far too quickly any help would be greatly appreciated,my characters are 12/13

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Wait until you're higher level if you're having trouble with them. I have yet to venture there and this is one place I will stay away from for awhile, at least until Chapter 6 or Chapter 7.

Syl...

3. homesick-alien Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

thanks for the speedy reply have you enterd there yet syl

4. Ciller Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ive killed them. One of the mages has a staff of the magi, which is awesome. The best way to kill them is to put all buffs possible on your characters (Bless, chant, haste.. everything) then just befor you cast protection from evil send one of your characters out to bring in the main guy. Do the protection from evil.. then unload on the guy in the first room. Kill him quick. Then slowly take the rest of them out.

Ciller

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

No I have yet to visit this place, but I assure you I will most definatly document my battle and how I defeated whatever foulness lays behind the doors.

I'm completing all outside quests from Athkatla, finishing up with Trademeet now then I'll concentrate my efforts on the inner city quests.

Syl...

6. Palpatine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

where in the docks is this?

7. Nefar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It isn't in the docks. He mentioned Shangalar, and that's the master of the Twisted Rune. You get there through a door in the Bridge district if you have a rogue stone with you.
    The other enemies in that room are manageable, but Shangalar himself is tough. He's a mage, and you get 50000xp for him - that should tell you something. The Staff is worth the trouble, though: +2 to save and AC, Protection from Evil always on, Improved Haste 3/day, Invisibility 1/day and Spelltrap 1/day.

8. Anra Gems: 2/31

I have opened the door on the side of the building that the liche is in, but even with a rogue stone, can't enter it. I get some message like "You don't know what would happen if you stepped thru". Nonsense! I want to step thru, any suggestions?

9. Ciller Gems: 2/31

The building with those nasty mages and crap has two doors. One on the side and one in the front. I dont know about the one on the side, but the one in the front takes you to the guys if you have the rouge stone. The side one is a mystery.....

Ciller

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.