1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Poll: What Puts You to Sleep?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by kuemper, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I can't sleep if there is any lights on so if I went to bed at around 2am and woke up at 5:30am and I saw the sun rising I won't be able to get back to sleep no matter what I do. (why is it so hard to get to sleep anyways?
    )

So yeah I can't have anything but darkness and silence if I want to sleep

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I fall asleep when it is bedtime (around 9:30pm) and wake up when it is morning (around 6:00am). Nothing more complicated than that.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, I know there are married people that have posted along with others that live with their girlfriends/boyfriends...

So am I the only one who needs his g/f next to him to be able to fall asleep quickly? :rolling:

4. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Whenever I experience difficulty sleeping I simply leaf through the Tory manifesto, which I might add is *manifestly* dreadful. :lol:

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Kitrax: Maybe the poll should've included the option "Mrs Palm and her five lovely daughters?"

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

@Kitrax: Yes you are. I've been with my ex for nearly three years and I always had trouble sleeping next to her. Dunno why.

7. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I can only sleep with my jumbo fan blasting about a foot from my head(my head being, of course, protected from wind by my blanket :) ). I find that on top of the fan, i also like to have my computer running. The hum of its fan fills up the room... i guess i'm mortally opposed to silence. The room has to be nearly pitch-black. I have the window covered by a sheet of aluminum foil, i have every green light in my room (at least 8, each from electronics) duct-taped to prevent light. I can take the red lights because they just appear as a point of light, they dont light up the surrounding area.

All this and i still get to bed between 1 and 3. I used to wake up around 4 to relieve myself, but i discovered that that particular nuisence was due to drinking orange juice before bed (d'uh :D ).

8. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I listen to music, mostly. And the faint fan whirling in the hallway. I also can't sleep unless it's as pitch black as I can get it.

I can sleep without music though! Ex: sleeping over at someone else's house, reading so late my boom box goes to sleep before me.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can sleep with or without hubby next to me. He likes having the radio on, which sort of bothers me - I usually end of listening to the songs instead of sleeping.

I found if I can't sleep with someone in bed with me, it's because I don't trust them.

But I feel I'm a sleep sl*t. I can do it with the lights on, off, radio, tv, people talking, fans, storms, tornados, etc. Also, I can sleep pretty much anywhere - couch, sofa, floor, hotel bed, chair, etc. :spin:

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, so here's my nightly routine:

• First, I turn on my bedside lamp.
    • Then I close the door, but leave a 6 inch opening for our cat to get out.
    • Then I turn off the overhead light.
    • Then I toss the down comforter across the entire bed. (My g/f steals it all after I leave for work)
    • Then I set my alarm if I have work the next morning.
    • Then I get in to bed.
    • Finally, I turn off the light.
    And here's my g/f's routine:

• First, she walks through the door I just closed, leaving it wide open.
    • Then she takes out her contacts.
    • Then she belly-flops on to the bed I just made.
    • And then she's out like a lightbulb. :bang:
    It's not fair I tell you! :rolleyes: :rolling:

11. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm ready to fall asleep just about any time of the day, I'm almost always sleepy so I have no problem going to sleep. I've fallen asleep:

1. On the toilet.
    2. Showering.
    3. In the bath.
    4. In a bus packed with people talking.
    5. In a car packed with people talking.
    6. In a religious assembly.
    7. On a chair in the middle of the woods (was camping).
    8. On a boat.
    9. In a pool.
    10. At school during class.
    11. At school during physical education.

Probably in other places too, just can't remember.

12. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

hmm, usually a hard blow to the temple works fairly well with me.

other than that I can sleep just about anywhere that is comfortable

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.