1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Favourite Country (After Your Own) - As Regards People!!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, perhaps the title doesn't really make sense, but anyway, I'll explain the idea of this thread. Your own countrymen aside, which nation's people do you like the most? Which do you seem to get on with more?

For me, personally, I think it's the Dutch. I have never met a Dutchman who I didn't immediately like (and, for some reason, I've more quite a few, either online or in real life!). They seem to share the same interests as us English guys. Namely, beer and football!! I find them easy to get on with, really friendly, willing to help people and up for a laugh.

It's a shame that I have never been to Holland, but that will have to be sorted out before long (and maybe meet Pac man, he is quality!)

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Call me a :nuts: if you want, but I've always wanted to see Australia. A little country in the middle of nowhere... sounds good for me! Plus, drinking beer is an official sport there, I heard. :D

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Canadians edged out the English by a nose for me (that's because there was one guy from England who I knew who was an absolute obnoxious idiot).

Every Canadian I've met has been nice, relaxed and cool. (Well, except for Splunge, but, hey, you can't have everything.)

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The country where heavy metal was born - UK!

[ October 13, 2005, 00:41: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hehe, I am canadian. That means I'm nice, relaxed and cool? :D

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    The UK isn't a country, Undertaker!
    Which do you want to pick, NI, England, Scotland, Wales... :D .

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The only other countries I have visited are Mexico (very briefly). Canada, England, France and Italy. I got along great with the French and Italians. England was 99% nice but I did have two unpleasant events. Canadians, what can I say? I love them as my brethern. Canada has crime so there must be nasty Canadians but I didn't meet them.

I would like to visit Turkey, Australia, Scotland. Wales and, since meeting Harbourboy here, I would love to visit New Zealand. Then there is Poland and naturally Slovania (did I spell it right, Tal?). Til I came here I thought Slovania was a made-up country. :) SP is very educational.

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG]
    :eek: That's a can o' worms I'd rather keep shut BA... Let's just let him have the UK, and assume he just means everyone, O.K.? As for me, I'd like to name Canada, but may be biased as my gran was born there. In that case I'd default to Finland; Germany misses out on account of my German exchange partner at school being overly interested in "researching" pictures of gunshot wounds from American morgues. :eek: :nuts:

Everyone else was nice, but so was everyone in Finland as well, and I didn't meet any nut-jobs. And they make the best mobile phones. Bonus! So by this entirely unfair and arbitrary ajudication, everyone in Finland earns a cookie! Err... How many of you are there again... :mommy:

EDIT: @Nakia - it's Slovenia. But I only know this for certain because I was just checking the football scores and saw that they lost 3-0 to Scotland. :shake:

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    What's so hard about knowing what Slovenia is spelt like? Sort your geography out people! :lol:

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'd like to visit England myself, I don't know why I just do

11. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

About 5 million cookies then, so you can get by with a small oven. But Nokia is screwing us all with the mobile phones - a new, fancier model each year with the most useless gizmos conceivable, no parts available for the old ones, that sort of thing. And they keep blackmailing the government to ease big companies' taxes, threatening to move their factories to China...which they did anyway... But hey, business is business.

England would be my choice. Pints and processed cheese slices and all... And the people I've met have been nice.

12. grillen Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sweden, I have a friend who is a foreign exchange student from sweden and from what he tells me sweden is a fun place with lots of hot chicks.

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Barmy Army, I was educated in the greatest country in the world, the U S of A. Most of what I learned I learned at home. My blessed Mother didn't tell me about Slovenia or how to spell it. And I don't think my teachers knew it existed.

I'm not joking when I say SP is educational.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    I think that's one of the main problems with America. Only concerned with their own land and are blinkered to anything else!

No offence intended to individuals of course, but I think it's pretty true!

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't pick one favorite, so here are my tops (in no particular order):

Canada - hubby, lots o' friends
    England - nice ppl 'specially on SP
    Australia - nature shows
    Russia - I learned the language

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'd have to say Greece and England for me.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mexico has to be my favorite country with the exclusion of my Canada. I've only been there twice but I was thoroughly enchanted both times. Hehe...I also conceived my first son there. I've been meaning to get him a stamp for his but that says "made in Mexico".

18. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Going on experience (ie: people I've met), it would have to be Canada, closely followed by New Zealand. Put simply, everyone I've met from Canada is ******* awesome, and my brief time in New Zealand was exceptionally enjoyable.

If I couldn't live here, it'd be one of those two countries. I'm sure there's a lot of other great places to be, but I have no experience of them (yet).

@ The New Order: You heard right... :beer:

19. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

20. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Except for Ukes/Russians/Belorusians whom are one and the same, I would have to go with the Serbians and the Polacks.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.